How long do YOU think fim will last?

honestly can not see it going more then 3-4 seasons. i really think this is it, but if there will be any more, it will be 4 seasons before its completely done.

that's my prediction anyway.

My opinion:

It will last until Hasbro decides that no more money can be made from it in an efficient manner.

Because technically that is what Mlp has always been about, selling merch.

Ergo, without the capital gained from the shows attention, products will not be bought. Thus, move on to the next idea.

But that's just me.

Yup. Four or five more seasons and some movies. And novels. And comics series. And games. Don't sound bad, isn't it? Oh, don't forgot the crossovers and cameos.

• Like 1

I'm gonna go one further than most people here, and say 5 or 6 seasons. Most series I wouldn't trust to go past 3, but I'm of the mind that the series has only gotten better thus far. As long as people keep watching and buying the products, there isn't any reason for the show to stop. And as long as the show doesn't become terrible (fat chance), then there isn't any reason for us to stop watching and buying the products.

*This post is in the running for "most obvious statement of the year". Click here to vote!*

honestly can not see it going more then 3-4 seasons. i really think this is it, but if there will be any more, it will be 4 seasons before its completely done.

that's my prediction anyway.

Season 4 is already in DHX's financials.

5-6 seasons is my guess.

As long as Hasbro remains happy with it.

If it stays hugely profitable, I don't see them pulling the plug. The second the fervor dies down and profits start to slip noticeably and they start to think that ending the show and taking the property in a different direction is the thing that will bring them more money, that will be when they bring it to an end. Not sure when that will be exactly; six seasons does sound pretty good to me though.

The interesting question is what will happen when it does end. My Little Pony as a property isn't going to end with it, and generally with overwhelming success comes the urge to repeat it. I don't think Hasbro is stupid enough to go backwards with the property after a response like this.... which makes me curious as to what we might get to replace FIM. There's no telling really, but as I see it, it's not a for sure thing that the MLP fandom will end with FIM. Depending on how Hasbro plays this, any number of things might be in store.

Eight seasons and a spinoff series, maybe about CMCs like Lauren Faust was originally envisioning. G5 will probably keep the character/animation style and introduce new characters, and it will probably be awkward or awesome. If they try to 3D CG animate it... :scream:

I imagine that FiM will last as long as the G4 toys remain profitable. By the time the revenue stream starts slowing down, FiM would probably have reached it's natural end as a good TV show anyway.

im predicting about 5~6 seasons till the show starts running itself into the ground, i mean, all good things must come to an end i think it will also have to do with Studio B running dry on ideas and and losing the huge creative momentum they have for the show, thus causing major declines in the episode quality and ....

Poof, our favorite show is gone.

I hope some people didn't do that with the FiM pilot.

I agree with you regarding FIM, but we are not talking about a brand new show with brand new characters. We are talking about a show that already exists. Every 7th show or so FEATURES the CMCs and they are among my least favorite episodes. I'd give them a chance to prove that they are taking them in an interesting direction, but I don't have the time to invest in something that has such a low probability of enjoyment.

Openings are seldom indicative of what to expect from a series once it actually gets going.

It is my experience that a pilot, while not a perfect example of the show, offers an excellent window of what to expect.