Strange things you notice

I just saw "suited for success" and it had been long enough that this felt like the first time I noticed, though I am not sure that it was...

Twilight: "...in other words, you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth."

(groan)

Compare to:

AJ: Why the long face sugarcube?

and:

AJ: I'm so hungry I could eat a...

We've seen enemies to attack, comedic violence, and otherwise charging unicorns using offensive magic...

But never once has a unicorn used the point of their horn as a weapon. Are they intentionally staying away from that? In the pilot, both Twilight and Nightmare lower their heads in the charge without lowering the point of their horn.

We've seen enemies to attack, comedic violence, and otherwise charging unicorns using offensive magic...

But never once has a unicorn used the point of their horn as a weapon. Are they intentionally staying away from that? In the pilot, both Twilight and Nightmare lower their heads in the charge without lowering the point of their horn.

Maybe they don't use the point for harm, but they'll use it in a jousting sort of way.

You knock your horn against the other pony's, and try to knock them over using sheer strength and maybe some dexterous movement. No plan to impale, yet it still might require a charge.

I noticed something when I watched "The Return of Harmony" again, that isn't really strange, but makes sense when you realize it.

When Discord said "then find the elements back where you began", Twilight thought it meant the library, and she was correct. But what I noticed was that the book that the Elements were in was the same book that Twilight was looking at the very beginning of the show. As in, that book is the first thing you see in episode 1. So Discord's riddle was applicable to the show itself- the Elements were found in the book where the show began.

More breaking of the fourth wall?

• Like 1

Well Celestia did go horn to horn with Chrysalis in Canterlot Wedding. While it wasn't the point, it does at least show that they see it as a primitive weapon.

I noticed something when I watched "The Return of Harmony" again, that isn't really strange, but makes sense when you realize it.

When Discord said "then find the elements back where you began", Twilight thought it meant the library, and she was correct. But what I noticed was that the book that the Elements were in was the same book that Twilight was looking at the very beginning of the show. As in, that book is the first thing you see in episode 1. So Discord's riddle was applicable to the show itself- the Elements were found in the book where the show began.

More breaking of the fourth wall?

From the beginning the Elements of Harmony book looked similar to the book from the opening. It was basically age and color that were different. Honestly I wouldn't read that much into it. They probably made it different in the show to avoid confusion, at that point they didn't need to. And that book had an awesome design. Regardless... no character acknowledged the audience, including Discord. So there was no breaking of the fourth wall.

We're not sure how much 'feedback' is supplied by a unicorns horn. We know that there must be some due to ponies being able to manipulate heavy & light, sturdy & delicate items which are out of their view*. So if they have the same (or greater) sensitivity to fingers it could be akin to sticking your hand in someones abdomen. 'Eeeeeew, I felt it slide on a rib'.

EDIT:- It could well be that magical and physical are two different things...

*For fun try picking up a (disposable) delicate item or manipulating something with small buttons next time you have a 'dead arm'. If you've had your mouth numbed by a dentist remember the warnings they gave, (whether or not you took notice :P ), about eating hot food or being careful with a fork.

Could their horns even do any real damage? They look slightly rounded at the end

But I've noticed something:

In "The Best Night Ever" Rarity was hit by a giant cake

In "Canterlot Wedding" Queen Chrysalis and her Changeling army were sent flying away by an aurora created by Cadance and Shining's love

And what do changelings live off of?

In short, both season endings have included a Pony being hit by what is, for them, a giant food item

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Neither Applebloom nor Sweetie Belle where in the Rainbow Dash fan club. Maybe they felt it weird to be in a club celebrating their sister's close friend.

I also noticed Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle both show up in non-speaking roles in the group of young ponies running around in Luna Eclipse, but did not see Applebloom

Neither Applebloom nor Sweetie Belle where in the Rainbow Dash fan club. Maybe they felt it weird to be in a club celebrating their sister's close friend.

I also noticed Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle both show up in non-speaking roles in the group of young ponies running around in Luna Eclipse, but did not see Applebloom

look harder

abbylunaeclipsed.png

Abby hides a bit in this episode. Her costume is also very cool, so its hard to point her out. But she's there. This particular screencap is their outtake after the fluttershy scene.

You know what is strange about MLP? Hooves.

That's strange.

I mean look at this. Apparently, hooves can play the piano...

Frederic.PNG

Shoot a bow... (Notice that she's an earth-pony)

Archer1.png

Play a violin

Octavia_id2.jpg

Hold a katana

1000px-Mulia_as_a_ninja_S2E24.png

etc, All without fingers. My philosophy?

Claws, they retract out of the hoof to grasp the certain object, and retract just in time when the hoof detaches from an object.

It's the only way.

Er. They're just gods who have a thing for being called 'Princess'. Guess it makes 'em feel younger. :blah: We already have sun and moon gods..Wonder what other pony gods they have out there? One has to be ruling over Tartarus...Maybe a war god....mmm.

Well, in my head cannon, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are both twins from a much greater power. And I'm gonna go out in a very argumentative limb here, and say that it's Poseidon.

Say waaaah?

Well as you can clearly see from the creatures, references, and Guard armor from the show, Equestria is highly based off of Grecian culture and Mythology. And Poseidon, in Grecian mythology, was the god of the sea, earthquakes, and horses.

Yes, horses.

Although it's a very bold statement to the canon, it's nice to think so. Plus, Celestia and Luna shows some reference to Greek Mythology's Apollo and Artemis.

For the record, I listed what could be an incomplete deity line to the MLP canon.

Princess Celestia: The Sun, and light.

Princess Luna: The Moon, and night.

Princess Candace: Love.

Discord: Chaos.

Queen Chrysalis: Famine, drought.

I'm still going with the "all ponies have magic" theory. Earth can harness light magic and channel it through their hooves to pick up and manipulate certain objects, pegasi have some magnetic capabilites, and unicorns are...unicorns. Canterlot see's the horn as just a channel for magic, not a storage, which is why they won't have unicorns with broken horns possess no magic. At least, that's what I think.

I think so too, also that horns do grow back without it taking forever (maybe half the rate of finger nails)

But I also think that there were three sisters, the third being in charge of the equivalent to the planet Venus and that she was the Princess from that Hearts and Hooves day story and that she and her husband live on the planet she moves and that Cadence is their daughter (Alicorn appearence like her Mother but mortal like her Father) and perhaps that at some point the three of them were the Windigos who had been temporarily altered and were changed back by the famed demonstration of friendship from the Hearth's warming eve (which would explain why they can move the sun and moon but unicorns once had to)

And speaking of Hearth's warming eve, when Princess Platinum sits on Clover the Clever she rides side saddle

Also you can work out the birthdays of a few characters