Who in the mane six had the best cutie mark story?

WinterFrost

Which cutie mark story is your favorite? img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

AppleJack: AppleJack lived at Sweet Apple Acres, an apple farm, however she didn't want to be a farm pony and left for Manehattan to try and live the sophisticated life. After several days living Manehattan with her aunt and uncle, she found that she didn't like the big city. A few nights later, when she was confused and didn't know wether to stay at Manehattan or head home, a rainbow appeared, pointing right to her farm, Sweet Apple Acres! She decided to follow the rainbow back to her house, and then she realized that all she wanted to do was farm apples.

Fluttershy: At flight school high in the sky, the young Fluttershy struggled with flying. While a few bullies were teasing Fluttershy about her weak flying skills, RainbowDash appeared and defended Fluttershy. RainbowDash was then challenged to a flying race against the bullies to defend Fluttershy's honor. At the start of the race, the bullies and RainbowDash accidentally knocked Fluttershy off of a cloud, and sent Fluttershy plummeting to the earth! Inches away from her death, a swarm of butterflies appeared, catching Fluttershy and saving her life. Fluttershy had never been so close to the ground before, and she became amazed with all of the animals around her. Suddenly, a giant rainbow colored blast filled the sky, sending the frightened animals sprinting back to their nests and dens. Fluttershy then went to soothe the terrified creatures, and was able to coax all of the animals back out into the forest. It was then, that Fluttershy discovered her love of animals.

Rarity: At school, Rarity was put in charge of the schools plays costume design. At a rehearsal, she felt as if her costumes had yet to be perfected. She took the costumes home, and tried to find what they lacked. While searching for something to change or add to her costumes, her horn lit up, and lead her to the middle of nowhere, and she ended up being taken to a giant rock. Rarity became outraged that her horn had taken her away from her work just to lead her to a plain boulder. A giant rainbow colored blast then filled the sky, shattering the rock and revealing a giant collection of gems hidden inside. Rarity was amazed at their beauty, and took them home and added them to the costumes, perfecting them. Rarity then discovered her love for gems, diamonds, and anything fancy of rare!

TwilightSparkle: As a young filly, TwilightSparkle wanted nothing more than to see the Summer Sun Celebration! Twilight was in awe over Princess Celestias magic and power, leading Twilight to devote her life to learning about the powers of magic. Because of her passion and talent of magic, her parents decided to enroll her in "Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns". Before she could enroll, she was required to take an entrance exam! The entrance exam consisted of one task, which was to hatch a dragon egg! TwilightSparkle was struggling to use her magic powers because of her nervousness, until a giant rainbow colored blast filled the sky, scaring Twilight and somehow enabling her to hatch the egg, revealing a cute baby dragon that we all know as Spike! TwilightSparkle suddenly lost control of her powers, accidentally leading her to cause havoc, but she couldn't do anything about it! Princess Celestia walked over to Twilight Sparkle, and put her hoof on her gently, soothing the little filly and giving Twilight control over her horn once again. Princess Celestia realized all of the talent TwilightSparkle had, and offered her a spot at "Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns" as her apprentice! TwilightSparkle then discovered that her cutie mark had appeared on her back.

PinkiePie: While working at her families rock farm as a little filly where there was no smiling, laughter, or talking allowed, a giant rainbow colored blast filled the sky! The rainbow that had been left behind from the blast filled PinkiePie's heart with joy and happiness! She wanted to share all of the joy and happiness that she had just experienced with her sad family too. PinkiePie spent all night creating a wonderful party that she was sure her family would enjoy, and enjoy they did! PinkiePie then realized that she loved making other people laugh and smile, which earned her cutie mark.

RainbowDash: She was racing Fluttershy's bullies to defend her friends honor. As the race began, Rainbow Dash quickly took the lead! She was going so fast, that the bullies hardly stood a chance against her. While flying, she felt freedom that she had never felt before! Out of nowhere, one of the bullies purposely flew into RainbowDash, making her stumble. Angry, RainbowDash flew as fast as she could, knocking the bully out of the way, and going so fast, that she created THE Sonic Rainboom. The rainbow colored blast created from the rainboom was seen all throughout the land of Equestria. And it was then, that RainbowDash discovered her need for speed.

Rarity, because I'm biased and like things that tie her and Dash together. ;)

Seriously though, I think there's a certain depth to her CM story. She already had her dream set but just needed a meqns to achieve it, which she came to find in a place she never would have looked.

I can't really find a favorite for these CM stories. Mostly because they're kinda different in their own right and yet they still work for the character and they still provide some relatable aspects which are a huge kicker for me. I like things that can be related to in real life even if it's put into a a fictional setting (such as Applejack trying to find her place in the world and Pinkie Pie sharing her new found joys with others, especially her siblings and parents). And I do like the aspect that because of Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom that they were able to recognize or grow into their destinies and that they were all connected by that feat.

But if I had to really pick, it would have to be either Rarity's or Applejack's.

Its my firm belief that twi and cadence are being trained to reach at least demi-god status. they may not become imortal, but Celestia and luna turned both of them into alicorns for a reason

This reminds me of a comment I did about Twilight and Cadence having a demigod status at least. If they were truly gods, their hair would flow like celestial manes just like Celestia and Luna's if that was a physical factor. Since they're not, I think they're able to at least live a nice lifespan but with an addition of having strengthened powers. That way Twilight can still grow old and Cadence doesn't have to outlive Shining Armour.

(Maybe this is also why Celestia and Luna are still princesses and not queens. they would probably outlive their husbands if they were not god-like alicorns like them.)

This reminds me of a comment I did about Twilight and Cadence having a demigod status at least. If they were truly gods, their hair would flow like celestial manes just like Celestia and Luna's if that was a physical factor. Since they're not, I think they're able to at least live a nice lifespan but with an addition of having strengthened powers. That way Twilight can still grow old and Cadence doesn't have to outlive Shining Armour.

(Maybe this is also why Celestia and Luna are still princesses and not queens. they would probably outlive their husbands if they were not god-like alicorns like them.)

This is an amusing theory, since it would likely be the "Worst! Possible! Thing!" for twilight if she outlived all her friends and even spike... Of course there was a fun theory that the princesses ARENT immortal but keep using age-spells to maintain their age, which might be extended to Twilight and her friends, making them all "immortal" (of course then they'd have to deal with their family dieing, so the immortality would have to be even further extended, which starts getting crazy...)

As for the topic... my first though actually was Twilight's was the best because of how amazing her magic was, but then I started thinking more and, unsuprisingly, came back to Dash, both because she was protecting somone (honor and loyalty are big issues for me) but also because she was the catalyst for all the others to realize their true potential. Without her, they would all have failed, Without evenknowing it, they had to rely on helf from their friends to reach their true potential (the only way it would be more awesome is if they ALL tied together somehow, but this still makes me happy to think about)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived