MLP:FiM to get Fifth Season!

P51Mustang

There is a possibility that he misspoke, but on the good chance he didn't, super yay!

In that case..... YAY! PARTY TIME. *brings Pinkie's party canon*

Does anyone else find this a little odd this early in the season? I mean if we were at epp 20 or so, yeah, but... it seems they're putting the cart ahead of the pony... (either that or they're nipping the "OHMIGAWD IS DIS TEH FINAL SEASON???" whiners in the butt and answering ti before they ever start...)

This happened so fast I need to catch up on some season 4 episodes to get me ready for the latest installment.

-image snip-

It's a lot harder than it sounds, I'm *hoping* to get to watch last week's episode tomorrow...

I just hope they dont let it go to their head and the show start decaying... a lot of fans are starting to scream it's going downhill (personally while I see a LOT of changes, I think it's more-or-less maintaining itself, for every improvement there's been a bad choice, etc, so it evens out)

It's a lot harder than it sounds, I'm *hoping* to get to watch last week's episode tomorrow...

I just hope they dont let it go to their head and the show start decaying... a lot of fans are starting to scream it's going downhill (personally while I see a LOT of changes, I think it's more-or-less maintaining itself, for every improvement there's been a bad choice, etc, so it evens out)

I've heard that from my brother, I personally don't have anything wrong with the new episodes. But I could see why they would agitate the older bronies( Eh what would I know I am just beginning to join this bronies fandom.

From my view Season 4 is thus far unquestionably better than Season 3. We've yet to have a bad episode this season. Considering that, I can't really see how it could be said it's going downhill.

Honestly, I'm not the slightest bit surprised we're getting a season 5. We'll likely get at least one or two seasons beyond that as well. FIM was a game changer for Hasbro. It invigorated the pony franchise in a way I imagine they previously thought was impossible and it is the biggest anchor for The Hub, the network they joint own. Hasbro isn't really concerned with protecting the show's artistic integrity or whatever it is people who want it to end are concerned with as much as they are with making money on the property they own. When it does end, it will be to do something else with the brand, and as long as they're convinced that pony will make them more money as it is than by doing something new with it, it will continue to flow in its current form. I'm not sure they understand the show's success well enough to pull the plug on it and attempt to duplicate its success from the ground up.

From my view Season 4 is thus far unquestionably better than Season 3. We've yet to have a bad episode this season. Considering that, I can't really see how it could be said it's going downhill.

Honestly, I'm not the slightest bit surprised we're getting a season 5. We'll likely get at least one or two seasons beyond that as well. FIM was a game changer for Hasbro. It invigorated the pony franchise in a way I imagine they previously thought was impossible and it is the biggest anchor for The Hub, the network they joint own. Hasbro isn't really concerned with protecting the show's artistic integrity or whatever it is people who want it to end are concerned with as much as they are with making money on the property they own. When it does end, it will be to do something else with the brand, and as long as they're convinced that pony will make them more money as it is than by doing something new with it, it will continue to flow in its current form. I'm not sure they understand the show's success well enough to pull the plug on it and attempt to duplicate its success from the ground up.

Hasn't the transformers series brought them a decent amount of cash as well? I was recently watching the Bronies 2013 documentary on Netflix and people who were interviewed said It helped them in their personal life and kid who had aspergers said it helped him as well. The show has a powerful outcome on its fans and that's a plus on its near future.

I've heard that from my brother, I personally don't have anything wrong with the new episodes. But I could see why they would agitate the older bronies( Eh what would I know I am just beginning to join this bronies fandom.

The main focus is shifting, they're trying to keep it kiddy-friendly while appealing more to the adult fans as well, which is getting mixed results (atleast that's my take on it, while I didnt really like Bats I have to agree it's far from the worst episiode, this has been a good season so far in my books)

This is true, but I've come from several franchise-fandoms where the same thing happened and it all went to hell and they lost a LOT of support, especially of the older fanbase because they shifted too severely.

Hasn't the transformers series brought them a decent amount of cash as well? I was recently watching the Bronies 2013 documentary on Netflix and people who were interviewed said It helped them in their personal life and kid who had aspergers said it helped him as well. The show has a powerful outcome on its fans and that's a plus on its near future.

Transformers has always been a mixed bag, I've been there for a lot of it, but they tend to hit-and-miss randomly with their demographics, it's also a LOT more exparimental than some of the other franchises, even at one point going full-on "adult" content (mostly "gore" instead of yiff though) in one comic series they did

A lot of bronies are worried that this is going to change, and likely over time there will be some degrading of it, we're seeing a lot of changes and starting to see rehashing of ideas at times, but Ithink it will last a long time. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if it makes 10 or more seasons now, though I question the what quality of whatever the final season is will be...

Yes, Transformers makes them money, but the thing is, it pretty much always has, no matter the media promoting it. It's a far surer thing, and likely something they're more likely to take risks with. My Little Pony was quite popular for a girls toy line when it was new, but there were definite lulls in the brand being big as compared to something like Transformers. Even then, the general fervor and fan loyalty FIM brought to the brand far eclipses anything they've tried for it before and is unlike anything they've quite experienced with a girls' toy line.

Which is ultimately why I can't see them changing the formula until the returns on it have truly diminished. Positive stories about fans are surely nice for Hasbro to hear, but that's not the sort of thing that will be factored into business decisions about the brand's future.

Positive stories about fans are surely nice for Hasbro to hear, but that's not the sort of thing that will be factored into business decisions about the brand's future.

I disagree for a simple reason: it's EXTREMELY good publicity! "This show changed my life!" is always a good thinly-hidden tagline for any series (especially when it's genuine) and those will help keep FiM going because it's good marketing and will help the brand. Granted if sales diminish enough they wont care, but it will be a factor, if small, in whether they continue at any given time.

I disagree for a simple reason: it's EXTREMELY good publicity! "This show changed my life!" is always a good thinly-hidden tagline for any series (especially when it's genuine) and those will help keep FiM going because it's good marketing and will help the brand. Granted if sales diminish enough they wont care, but it will be a factor, if small, in whether they continue at any given time.

I suppose that's fair enough. Really it all sort of links together. Stories like that come when something is popular and when it's popular it's making them money. Those stories can be a form of marketing too and effectively make them more money.

Still, my point was indeed that stories alone won't be what decides the fate of the show. Ultimately it will always come down to profits.

Archived