The Arena (OOC Discussion)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This Arena got a little dusty. As such, after a long pondering I enter my own character. Pulling the description in the spiler tag, due how long it ended up getting.

Name: Swift Squall, although due to certain reasons he goes under the disguise - in this case Hail Line.

Reasons: Squall enters the Arena for three different reason.

1) To test, and -  if necessary - improve direct combat skills of fellow EPIC members.

2) Improving his own abilities, giving them necessary polish after his training in the main continent.

3) Scouting the fighting style of the caribou who he still doesn't wholly trust.

Weapons/Armor/Notable Skills: Despite using disguise, Swift still uses only the best. The light armor he may  seem to provide limited protection.In reality, due to enchantments it's good enough to take the hit from a war hammer. It protects the limbs and body, but not joints, and lack headgear as well - unicorn wear duster to hide this weakness. His weaponary is even more impressive. Swift comes with enough of it to arm three ponies. First are the two sets of swords. Two long swords strapped on the sides, and another two shorts-swords on the flanks. On the back are tow eskrima sticks, made from adamantium. Complementing this are the throwing knives - hidden in various pockets in armor and duster, their number is no less then 32.

All of the weapons - with the exception of knives - are enhanced with enchantment, making the electrified. The sticks are also had their weight increased, for a heavier blows.

Complementing this sets are tools, caltrops and smoke pellets, both used often and readily.

Squall is very proficient with his weapons, the bladed ones especially. Noblepony wields his swords with telekinesis, but sorry would be one who would think it would make knocking them away easy. Stallion had trained in his style for years, and is able to block things much heaver then combatants using sword the 'classic' way. This method also allows him to both strike from otherwise impossible angle, or wield multiple blades at once. Swordpony especially favorites using two matching swords, putting the foes on the ropes with alternate strikes, without giving the room to breath. Swift is not very strong, whatever it comes to strength or durability, but he possess demonic levels of speed. Him being an Equestria Games acrobat, Swift's enemy will find himself confused with rolls, somersaults and flips.

Squall, being the pony with with Royal Guard training also have extensive hoof-to-hoof training. While he may lack strength to judo-throw anypony (or non pony) without magic, it gave him extensive knowledge of valuable areas of various species. Swift being experienced mercenary and and adventurer acquired a valuable skill of analyzing the combat style of his for - and with it the advantages and limitations coming with it. This ability is however useless on those who use Confusion Fu and dedicated magic users. Both make Squall over-think things, slowing his movements and reaction time.

Magically Squall isn't a powerhouse, his spells are not offensive or even defensive in nature, instead providing utility beyond the combat. The single exception is telekinesis, the spell Squall mastered completely, and over the years got very creative with. His favorite use - aside from weapon wielding - is throwing himself, either to close the distance, or from the harms way.

As a combatant unicorn is a pragmatist, unless it's specifically stated Squall never fights 'clean'. Noblepony will pull every dirty trick from the book and then some, to come on top. He is not shy from breaking limbs with telekinesis when gave occasion, exploiting weaknesses, or playing mind games. He also does not hesitate from being brutal, however he does not get it past being cruel. In the end unicorn uses as much of force as necessary to neutralize the danger and nothing more or less, even if some would wince while seeing him in action.

I'll acept Swift Squall, but realize that the process of making something out of titanium is likely out of Equestria's technological grasp so you'll need to change that. And while I'm not gonna request changes beyond that, anything that comes across as being unrealistic in combat is likely going to get you docked points in judging regardless of super cool ninja factor.:P

This Arena got a little dusty. As such, after a long pondering I enter my own character. Pulling the description in the spiler tag, due how long it ended up getting.

Name: Swift Squall, although due to certain reasons he goes under the disguise - in this case Hail Line.

Reasons: Squall enters the Arena for three different reason.

1) To test, and -  if necessary - improve direct combat skills of fellow EPIC members.

2) Improving his own abilities, giving them necessary polish after his training in the main continent.

3) Scouting the fighting style of the caribou who he still doesn't wholly trust.

Weapons/Armor/Notable Skills: Despite using disguise, Swift still uses only the best. The light armor he may  seem to provide limited protection.In reality, due to enchantments it's good enough to take the hit from a war hammer. It protects the limbs and body, but not joints, and lack headgear as well - unicorn wear duster to hide this weakness. His weaponary is even more impressive. Swift comes with enough of it to arm three ponies. First are the two sets of swords. Two long swords strapped on the sides, and another two shorts-swords on the flanks. On the back are tow eskrima sticks, made from titanium. Complementing this are the throwing knives - hidden in various pockets in armor and duster, their number is no less then 32.

All of the weapons - with the exception of knives - are enhanced with enchantment, making the electrified. The sticks are also had their weight increased, for a heavier blows.

Complementing this sets are tools, caltrops and smoke pellets, both used often and readily.

Squall is very proficient with his weapons, the bladed ones especially. Noblepony wields his swords with telekinesis, but sorry would be one who would think it would make knocking them away easy. Stallion had trained in his style for years, and is able to block things much heaver then combatants using sword the 'classic' way. This method also allows him to both strike from otherwise impossible angle, or wield multiple blades at once. Swordpony especially favorites using two matching swords, putting the foes on the ropes with alternate strikes, without giving the room to breath. Swift is not very strong, whatever it comes to strength or durability, but he possess demonic levels of speed. Him being an Equestria Games acrobat, Swift's enemy will find himself confused with rolls, somersaults and flips.

Squall, being the pony with with Royal Guard training also have extensive hoof-to-hoof training. While he may lack strength to judo-throw anypony (or non pony) without magic, it gave him extensive knowledge of valuable areas of various species. Swift being experienced mercenary and and adventurer acquired a valuable skill of analyzing the combat style of his for - and with it the advantages and limitations coming with it. This ability is however useless on those who use Confusion Fu and dedicated magic users. Both make Squall over-think things, slowing his movements and reaction time.

Magically Squall isn't a powerhouse, his spells are not offensive or even defensive in nature, instead providing utility beyond the combat. The single exception is telekinesis, the spell Squall mastered completely, and over the years got very creative with. His favorite use - aside from weapon wielding - is throwing himself, either to close the distance, or from the harms way.

As a combatant unicorn is a pragmatist, unless it's specifically stated Squall never fights 'clean'. Noblepony will pull every dirty trick from the book and then some, to come on top. He is not shy from breaking limbs with telekinesis when gave occasion, exploiting weaknesses, or playing mind games. He also does not hesitate from being brutal, however he does not get it past being cruel. In the end unicorn uses as much of force as necessary to neutralize the danger and nothing more or less, even if some would wince while seeing him in action.

MIght Swift squall be interested in a battle with Sigrun? :)

I'll acept Swift Squall, but realize that the process of making something out of titanium is likely out of Equestria's technological grasp so you'll need to change that. And while I'm not gonna request changes beyond that, anything that comes across as being unrealistic in combat is likely going to get you docked points in judging regardless of super cool ninja factor. :razz:

Fair enough. It's now adamantium sticks them (minus the RAGE). Also I must protest in regard of the ninja part! Squall is more like...samurai-cowboy-Batman.....ninja...thing? Ok, fine, fine it's still pure coolness factor.

MIght Swift squall be interested in a battle with Sigrun? :)

I see no reason why those two shouldn't not try to smash each other faces. Who goes first?

Decision made in fight six

Fight here needs post: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20812-the-arena-tehengu-vs-rubble-rose/
Fight here needs post: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20232-the-arena-hawkeye-vs-randgrid/

Are we missing any ongoing fights?

Fair enough. It's now adamantium sticks them (minus the RAGE). Also I must protest in regard of the ninja part! Squall is more like...samurai-cowboy-Batman.....ninja...thing? Ok, fine, fine it's still pure coolness factor.

I see no reason why those two shouldn't not try to smash each other faces. Who goes first?

I think you should go first, it'll prolly take me a while to make an OP

Fine with me, but after the fight with Sigurn kay? Caribou lady has dibs on that one for now.

And speaking of that, the thread is up!

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/21156-the-arena-electrifying-clash-of-the-nobles-sigurn-vs-swift-squall/

*Shoves smooze in the corner* "No no Smoozey, you're not ready yet~"

Actually, I'm going to throw another character in here:

Name- Blitz Trigger

Reason to fight in the Arena- To sharpen his skills, as well as prove himself to whoever may doubt him. 
Weapons/Armor/Notable Skills- Blitz is a close range fighter, and combines his hoof on hoof skills with electricity magic to take down his opponents. He wears no armor, as he is still working on being defensive instead of overly offensive. Though if something makes him angry, he usually forgets about strategy and goes full out on the opponent, usually leaving him wide open but powerful if he manages to hit. He wears metal hotshots as well, so his punches...really pack a punch. 

I'm also up for any 2v2, preferably with Hawkeye, as he would be good at covering others in battle. But I guess the thing I already got going with him has to wrap up first...

Archived