How did you hear about Canterlot?

MyLittlePonyTales

This is just a general thread, asking how you ended up here on our fine site!

Well, I have been here since this board was just a baby! I heard about it because I followed one of the previous Admin's on their pony Tumblr. They'd advertised a site they were starting. I was like... meh. But then I saw it on EquestriaDaily and was like... what the hay!

This is seriously probably the best pony site I could have come to. I know there are a couple of other big forums out there, but really, this one seems to have it all, and really tries to keep in touch with its userbase. Some of you may know of that rough spot we hit when we switched Admins, but seriously, the site is like %120 cooler now.

Equestria Daily led me here :)

Likewise. Back when this place was called Equestria. I'd actually heard about the forum long before I joined. I'd thought about joining for a while, but never really got around to it, for various reasons. Then one day in late April I had some time free and I remembered this place from when EqD mentioned Ginger Mint's playing card roleplay game, and I figured why not join?

One of the best decisions I ever made :)

I saw it listed with a bunch of other FiM pages on the Friendship is Magic wiki's external links page. Of the forums they had listed, it looked the most appealing to me, mostly because of the large RP section.

Back when we were still Equestria, and I was first getting into the pony fandom, I found a link on derpyhooves.com. I don't like the posting style on chan-type forums like ponychan (and I won't touch 4chan with a 20-foot pole), so was looking for a more traditional forum to read. Then as the ponies took over my brain, I started RPing and chatting in IRC and Skype and the insane ponies kept me here :) .

Actually, I just looked at http://www.derpyhooves.com and they still have the old site listed in their forum links, if one of the mods wants to email and update them.

I'm pretty sure it was through EqD, but I honestly can't remember it. I'm pretty sure that I ran across it in two places around the same time, I vaguely remember finding a link on either ponychan or fimchan as well, and it was the stumbling over it twice in a very short period of time that made me decide to join. When it was Equestria still. Then I had a real life crisis pull me away from the internet for a while and we magically became Canterlot. I kind of turned around and EVERYTHING CHANGED.

I actually was looking at the Friendship is Magic wiki and reading the profiles for every character they have up, when I decided I need some fellow pony lovers to talk to! So, I meandered on over to the 'External Links' section and found Canterlot listed as being 20% cooler than other communities.

I bookmarked, went back to watching the show, then came back after a few months. Then I joined. Here I am. :)