E.P.I.C. Operation: The Sound of Silence (OOC Signup)

SteelEagle

EPIC has a problem. 

EPIC Agent Pathfinder went to Neighpon to investigate the rumored Door to the Abyss to verify whether or not WRAITH has 'opened' it. She has failed to report in and EPIC has decided to launch a rescue operation. Since the Neighponese government is not aware of the ongoing operation, EPIC will be alone.

Goals:
1- Find Agent Pathfinder.
2- Discover the truth.
3- Prevent WRAITH or other organizations from using the Doorstep for ill.

Door to the Abyss and Oni: Ancient Neighponese tradition holds that Onis used to roam the land before a powerful sorcerer sealed them into the Abyss. In this way it is similar to the Equestrian Tartarus. However, while Tartarus' location is known to most Equestrians, the Doorstep was kept hidden. However, Agent Pathfinder believed she knew where the Door was located and recent rumors regarding that site suggested a WRAITH presence. The Door must remain shut. Onis are rumored to possess magic which, as well as giving them powerful extra-physical capabilities, makes them nearly invulnerable to combat damage.

Additional Information: Neighpon is unaware of our presence. They would likely lump EPIC and WRAITH together in the same camp of foreign interlopers. EPIC must ensure their operations are low-key.
While the truth behind them is obscured, if Onis do exist, they are potentially shockingly competent enemies. Engage only if necessary.
The WRAITH presence was supposedly low, no more than two dozen at most.
The operation will take place at night.

Stay safe and stay alert, team

------
Roster:
Ice Storm
Rubble Rose
Swift Squall
Dunder Blust
Xiêyè

Daedalus
Night Watcher

WRAITH:
Revenant

HERE IS THE THEAD: The Sound of Silence

And so is Swift Squall. It's been far too long since he and his friend Dunder worked together, and in case this would prove needed Swift is fluent in local language.

If you're up for playable WRAITH, I think including Revenant could be fun. It'd probably make things more interesting for EPIC members to have a 'tangible' opponent, rather than faceless NPCs that can be controlled and defeated at will. But, considering the number of people involved (already four, possibly others), Revenant would be pretty over-powered in order to keep pace with the thread and the number of EPIC members he'd be going up against. He's suppose to be the Big Bad Dragon before the final boss fight anyways, though. 

I'd like to use Xiêyè in here. If he doesn't get accepted as a member of EPIC over on the main thread, perhaps he could be brought in/join on his own for this mission? He did grow up in Long Guo and has spent much time traveling it, so I'm sure he'd be useful. 

Ice is a good tactician and always on the defensive. She'd be good for when it comes time to get pathfinder and everypony else out.  She has been on several search and rescue. I think she'd be a good second in command, and taking point once the relics and pathfinder have been recovered. Getting to there though would require a pony with good navigating skills, when she's not great with.

16 hours ago, Pretzelpony said:

I think Night watcher makes the most sense to lead, with both experience as a guard and tactical knowledge I think  she could be great.

Alrighty then! I'll post soon to lead the charge! 

• 2 months later...

Wow...

I had no problems with Revenant. In fact, I looked forward to facing him in the thread. Seemed like an interesting enemy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived