First video game you've ever played in your entire life

I played on a game system that had a controller that looked like an iPod precursor. It had two buttons, and a rotating disk. I think the console and controllers were brown. I have no idea what it was called.

The first game on it was a war game in which you would try to outmanuver your opponent's tank and shoot it before they got you. You would rotate the disk to turn, press one button to move forward, and one button to fire.

I always had to unscrew our antenna to screw in the contacts of the console.

Anyone have any idea what that was?

I was talking to an amateur video game historian about this. He asked one question to rule out the Atari and correctly narrowed it down to the Intellivision console within seconds. The game was Armor Battle. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvRrx-2-_CY

So my memory had been bad. It had more than two buttons, but only two were relevant to this particular game: move forward, and shoot. Now that I see pictures of it, I remember pushing all the other buttons to no effect. I was probably four years old.

• 4 weeks later...

The first game I can remember playing was Time Runner on the family's old Colecovision, when I was around three, I think. I barely remember much about it, other than the fact that it was one of the funnest games I've played, even with today's contenders. Something so cathartic about those old arcade style games. Time Runner was also the game that probably helped me become a huge fan of flight and space combat games such as Rouge Squadron or the new Moon Breakers game on Steam, so it holds a place in my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe my first video game was King's Quest. Came with this amazing handbook too that you needed to translate the runic language used in the game or browse for clues. It's sad to know you no longer get any of those fancy handbooks any more, much less adventure games

• Like 1

I think it was either Same (a Win95 default game), or Gemstorm, a game similar to Tetris. After that, it was a Spyro game when I got my paws on my very first game console, the beautifully huge and cloudy grey PS1 with Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon. Getting a dragon on a skateboard was the best idea to come out of the gaming world. :3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as I can remember my first game was

W071206-3D-Pinball_0.jpg

I played this a lot when I could first walk.

I can't remember which was my first console, it might have been a gamecube game or Shadow King for PS. Can't remember. Or Halo, I remember a butt load of Halo, my dad was a huge X-Box fan and all he played was Halo.

• Like 2

The first game I've played was probably Super Mario World for the SNES. On console, I mean. I can't really remember too far back, but it seems to be the one that pops up in my mind the most. So yeah, my first console with a Super Nintendo. Not as classic as some, but oh well.

• 2 weeks later...