Anyone else feel that earthquake?

CircePonyDemigoddess

As you may or may not know, I live in Maryland, and just yesterday afternoon, we had a 5.8 earthquake that originated from Virginia. We were in our house at the time, and we heard a loud noise that sounded like a really low-flying plane. Then the entire house started to shake and the floor felt like it was rolling under my feet. At first, I thought it was a sinkhole, but then the news later confirmed that we had, in fact, had an earthquake. Yikes...I'm just glad nothing got damaged or anyone got hurt. What about you guys? Did any of you fellow ponies and/or bronies out there feel it too?

It was all over local radio and social networking, but I didn't feel a thing because I was in traffic at the time. Apparently quite a few of my friends, including several in the engineering building (a tall tower) felt it.

Oh my Luna!

I felt it for like 5 minutes! I think I don't know but yea anyway I live in Maryland and my bed was shaking and it got continuously worse then the blinds started shaking and I swear I heard a rumbling sound but I can't recall if it's true or my brain just being silly.

It was cool but then it turned scary for a few moments.

EDIT: Heard the Washington monument and the cathedral here in Maryland were affected they shut down the Washington monument and the cathedral has a HUGE crack in one of the walls along with debris that fell.

I travelled to the city of Charleston, West Virginia Tuesday and I was on the third floor of an office building when the earthquake hit. The building shook a little, but not enough to knock things off of shelves or anything like that.

I was told that back home (I lived about 40 miles from the Virginia border) it shook worse but still no major or minor damage. A neighboring county called for a 'state of alert', closed all the schools and alerted emergency services to stand by.... but all that was unnecessary.

So, at least in West Virginia, we had very little damage from the quake.

I was lying in bed around 5 am a few nights ago (maybe, the night before last?) and about 5 minutes after lying down i felt the house shake. It was very mild, but it was enough to realize it was an earthquake. It didnt really bother me though, and i fell asleep shortly after.

I live in Ca. No idea if its the same one; but yes, we've recently had an earthquake here.

SMOmD.jpg

Don't make fun of us that was some serious shaking!

I mean LOOK at that chair! That will take THOUSANDS of dollars to rebuild.

Honestly I think the most crazy thing about the earthquake is that it was felt from ATLANTA to ONTARIO that's like woah.

I kinda sort of want to feel another slightly strong and longer one though . . . (Luna I'm going to regret saying that . . .)

Lol at Mane shrugging off random earthquakes like a boss XD

SMOmD.jpg

Don't make fun of us that was some serious shaking!

I mean LOOK at that chair! That will take THOUSANDS of dollars to rebuild.

If it involves the federal government, thousands of dollars and several months to rebuild, once it gets out of committee to rebuild it. :):shock:

We felt it here, I was at my in-laws house, helping with some cleaning, myself, my husband, and my father in law were all in opposite corners of the house, and all yelled at the dogs at the same time, thinking the noise and shaking was caused by them running through the house playing. Poor things still have no idea what they did wrong. :blah:

Yep, felt it here in Cincinnati. I'd been in several earthquakes in Japan, so that little tremble we got didn't faze me at all. However, a guy at the next desk jumped to his feet and RAN to a more stable part of the old office building I was working in. He got teased for it for the rest of the day.