Discord vs. Trollestia (Common spoilers involved)

Hippo

Has Trollestia been dethroned?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is/will be a bigger troll as it relates to fan fics and brony-generated media?

So I was thinking the other day...

Since Discord has been revealed, I was wondering what everypony thinks on this poll discussion. Will/Has Trollestia been dethroned as Equestria's troll?

Yes, I know Trollestia is fan-made, but I wonder if those fan makings will be halted at all with Discord becoming the new troller of ponies. It's almost like the show creators didn't like Celestia being made as a troll, so they created a mischievous villain that inspires that sort of menace.

You can look at the question this way:

Which character would pick on Luna more? Trollestia? or Discord?

Until the episode airs, all of this will be predictions. After the show, you can change your vote.

EDIT: I am not familiar enough with the new additions to know if I can set the poll to 'allow to change vote'. If anypony knows how, please tell.

I don't think there'll be a "bigger" troll yet. It's either A) Trollestia and Discord compete to out troll each other, neither gaining the upper hand/hoof. Or B) Trollestia and Discord join forces and troll the crap out of Equestria.

Also one thing I should note: I have almost never seen Trollestia use her magic to troll, beyond the occasional moon banishing. Discord is all about the magic. Not make assumptions here, just food for thought.

As for who would pick on Luna more? Trollestia without a doubt.

Okay. After seeing the episode. I'm not so sure anymore. Discord is a more than worthy troll. :?:

I bet that's what the battle Discord and Celestia had in the past was over: who was the greatest troll. Though Celestia did win, so maybe she still is. Of course, she had Luna's help, which might have tipped things a little. :geek:

Discord is more of the "Hey! I'm here! And i'm messing stuff up!" kinda guy... more boisterous, with more poking and prodding of the characters...

Trollestia is a bit more subtle... "You have 6 friends? here, have 2 tickets to the Gala" or "Oh, you didnt know my dying bird was a Phoenix Oh if only i had told you earlier, ALLLL this trouble could have been avoided" and you know she's just snickering in the back of her head...

So it sorta depends i suppose... i can't decide yet... I need to see the next half of the episode before i make a decision...

While I would rate Discord as a magnificent troll, and I think I could wield him effectively as a character, that he uses magic to accomplish his tricks makes him vulnerable to Sue plots in fanfics. Trollestia doesn't, so the thought required to create a trollish plot is greater and is probably more rewarding for the reader.

• 1 month later...