A Brush with Poison Joke

hi hi

Poison joke is known for taking something important to somepony and mixing it up into a joke. Magic was important to Twilight, and it played a joke on her horn. Rarity is obsessed with fashion, so it made her look unfashionable. Got it?

So here's the deal: You've just accidentally brushed up against poison joke. What kind of joke does it play on you?

For me, I think it'll mess with my vision somehow. Possibly making me see everything upside down, or backwards, or both. Alternatively, maybe all the colors I see will be inverted, and I'll have trouble telling red from green, etc.

Probably the same thing that happens to Inkwell's ponysona. If I cannot see, I cannot do any art or see the art of others, much less be here online. (I know there's setups for the blind to be online, but poison joke would not last long enough for that to be practical if had anything to say about it ;) .)

Don't forget guys, poison joke is just that: A joke. It needs to be funny for other ponies to see you.

Spaghetti fingers? That's funny!

Going blind? Yeah, not so much.

Well then it well make birds like me. I hate them so being chased all over town by birds? that is fun to watch... for ever one but me.

hi hi

I could see some kind of blindness (get it? See blindness! ah hahaha!) As long as its the victim can attempt to do the stuff they normally do, forcing them to mess up or do it in a goofy manner. Maybe blindness that fades in and out, so the person has to run really fast to try to get as far as they can before they have to stop again. Kind of like playing red light green light?

And if getting bad dice rolls is an effect of poison joke, maybe I need to start trying herbal remedies...

Maybe instead of blindness being extremely near-sighted (actually that is a possibility for me since I have very good vision, at least I have the option of using my mom's other pair of glasses)

Most likely I'd end up with decreased intelligence ( :-| with up speak.... :blah:)

Loss of fine motor skills (a lot of things I enjoy require good fine motor skills)

Mister Paradox voice (I have a very high-pitched voice)

it seems as though all the things I had in mind have been said by other people. >_> I was going to say something to do with my hands so I can't draw or type.

I would probably grow really tall, like six foot eight. I hate it when I have to walk next to people shorter than me. even though they probably don't notice it, I find it incredibly awkward.

right now I'm five foot three

On me, Poison Joke would probably affect my drawing to where every picture would look like I drew it with my foot. On Savory Spell, it would impair her cooking to where she either couldn't read directions properly or put in inedible ingredients. What would be funnier though, is that Savory usually keeps her thoughts to herself for hers and others' sakes, so the poison joke could act like a truth serum and cause her to blurt out everything she's thinking. *taps chin* I should totally draw that!

Possible scenario:

*at Ambrosia Winds*

Savory: Here you are, girls. Enjoy!

Twilight: Thank you, Savory.

Applejack: Um...Savory? Correct me if ah'm wrong, but I heard tell ya'll ran into Discord in the Everfree Forest last week.

Fluttershy: *gasps* I didn't know you met Discord!

Savory: Yes, I barely got away from him before he could hypnotize me or do something worse. I was so afraid that I ran right back out of the forest and straight home. From what you told me about him, I was pretty lucky to only see him.

Pinkie Pie: *said jokingly* He does look kinda cute, in a creepy, jumbled way when you think about it.

Savory: *said a little louder than normal* You think so, too?

*all the ponies fall silent*

Savory: ..........*the reddest blush you can imagine* Oh dear, I think I hear my egg timer going off. *zooms back into the kitchen*