Favorite fan-made content?

AznAxis

MLP: FiM is such a great series, and its fans have created some incredibly amazing content as well. Post your favorites and share them with us! ^_^

-----

For me, personally, I was initially drawn into the world of ponies because of the amazing fan-made music. Artists like Alex S., Not A Clever Pony, PinkiePieSwear, and many others have blown me away with many of their ponified tracks. The one that I always find myself coming back to, however, is Swagberg's "Pony Swag".

(Warning: Explicit Lyrics)

Also, this amazing model of Trixie created by KP-ShadowSquirrel is currently being used as my screensaver. Trixie has never looked so bad-ass. xD

trixie___pose_1_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d49ccgo.gif

(Click To Expand)

I think ED drew me in with a combination of art, stories and music. I'm not sure what did me in first. Probably the art if I had to guess.

My favourite fan-made piece of media (I'm not very articulate tonight sorry) is Tangled Up In Blues. It's...very touching, and very peaceful, and has just the right ending.

What drew me into the fandom in the first place? Bronies on tvtropes and the wiki they put up for it. Normally something has to be either genuinely decent or So Bad It's Good for tropers to put in so much wiki magic for one show, which lead me to check the show out in the first place. The amazing fanart on DeviantArt also lured me in. I'll have to admit that there are a LOT of really awesome artists in the fandom! :D

I came in via /co/ in January. Rather I heard that ponies were taking over /co/, and though I'm not a 4channer I was curious so I tried it. I was like :-o GASP! The fan arts there totally sold me on the series!!

I think my favorite fan-made content is still the art, and it changes every week. Currently it's this piece:

1315991789.half.sweatshirt_into-everything-final.jpg

I feel bad it took as long as it did, but I was SO hating on the new style ponies, they looked so BIZZARE, like Bratz at first. Then I saw them animated and that was IT. I watched an episode every night on the way home from work on my smart phone :D

• 3 months later...

This is what made me decide to give the show a try. Anything that has the content to be able to pull off a pastiche of Spielberg's unmatched comedy genius is worth giving a look.

• Like 2

This is what made me decide to give the show a try. Anything that has the content to be able to pull off a pastiche of Spielberg's unmatched comedy genius is worth giving a look.

Halide, that is amazing.

There are many wonderful parts that match up so nicely. The Rarity quote at the end was almost perfect! This is now up there with one of my other favorites, the RD "I'm awesome" PMV.

I think it is worth noting that Spielberg had very little to do with the show. His attitude was "go crazy, show me the episodes, and I will tell you if you go to far". And then he never stopped them.

It is more a testament to his ability to get good people together, and encourage creativity. The staff reported that he maintained a great deal of interest throughout the run, and was full of praise for them.

I really like Witchcraft is Magic. A lot, actually. XD

Especially the original songs put into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1uUa8lUIJE

I feel like with the 5th episode they really hit their stride, cutting together clips from 3 different episodes to create a new narrative. Well, I suppose it's pretty well known, and I don't really have to sing its praises.

But remember what cult leader Fluttershy says: Praise Schmooze!