1. 1. Do you care about shipping?

• YES, it's important to me!
    • I kind of like it.
    • No, I could care less.
    • I HATE IT!!!!
    • Eh, I don't really mind it really.
    • ...what's shipping?

I'm addicted to PinkieShy.

Also, despite my hatred of RD, I love Spitfire/RD pairings. I just love spitfire....so.....I love shippings. Though....I also really, really, prefer my fics to have a plot....and it's often hard to mix plot-stories with intended shippings, without it being totally OOC....so....*shrug*

I'm addicted to PinkieShy.

Also, despite my hatred of RD, I love Spitfire/RD pairings. I just love spitfire....so.....I love shippings. Though....I also really, really, prefer my fics to have a plot....and it's often hard to mix plot-stories with intended shippings, without it being totally OOC....so....*shrug*

I know what you mean, plot definately helps in ship-fics. It is hard for the characters not to act a little OOC, but I think most people act out of character when it comes to love. Also, Spitfire is really cool! :)

RariDash forever. :kissy:;-)<3

Yeah. Big fan of shipping, as is probably known. Written shipping fics and everything, some of which have made it one EqD.

((also apparently relevant to the conversation: I actually just started reading Homestuck today... mainly because a friend of mine wouldn't shut up about it. It's okay, I guess... Not entirely sure it's exactly my thing.))

Yeah. Big fan of shipping, as is probably known. Written shipping fics and everything, some of which have made it one EqD.

((also apparently relevant to the conversation: I actually just started reading Homestuck today... mainly because a friend of mine wouldn't shut up about it. It's okay, I guess... Not entirely sure it's exactly my thing.))

I'm okay with this, because PinkieShy could still happen in the same fic universe. XD

:Flutter::-(<3:smirk::Pinkie:

I like shipping! Shipping means we get stuff from overseas all the cheaper, and sometimes there are shows about shipping channels that are kind of cool, and the ships themselves are really impressive!

...Oh wait a minute.

• Like 1

Wow, nice! Could you tell me what you've written, because I want to read them now! XD

I think shipping is really awesome, but I like it more so because of the community than the actually pairings :)

It really makes you appreciate how creative some people can be, whether it's in writing or in art or any other type of form, shipping just brings forth a lot of creativity on the community's part which is why I like it soo much :D

(But seriously though TwilightXPinke.....didn't see that one coming did ya :P)

I think shipping is really awesome, but I like it more so because of the community than the actually pairings :)

It really makes you appreciate how creative some people can be, whether it's in writing or in art or any other type of form, shipping just brings forth a lot of creativity on the community's part which is why I like it soo much :D

(But seriously though TwilightXPinke.....didn't see that one coming did ya :P)

Same here, I feel the exact same way! :D

This is why people like Twilight+Trixie:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FoeYay

Personally, Trixie is too evil imo, I cast her as my dragon usually...

Personally... I got nothing against it if it make sense. Some I don't really like, personally I don't care for AppleDash for example because the two are always arguing (and do NOT get me started on the Bloomberg "pairings"... >.<). On the other paw, it almost a secret subtext that Dash and Fluttershy are more than casual friends (Though it's also possible that since they've known each other since at least school (probably since birth since both are from cloudsdale) they're more like sisters. Also as ridiculous as it is, I'm amused by Discopie... Honestly if he was less "evil" I could see that working out beautifully...

I seem to be unpopular, I love to ship Dash and Soarin. Something about that look he gave her seemed to be saying 'hey, I like you' and she seemed to like him too. (I also like the idea of her being in love or in a crush on a wonderbolt... just amuses me)

Also someone said that in a lot of fanon Soarin and Spitfire were a couple...? Doesnt bother me but seemed odd imo...

I voted "I kind of like it" and it sums up my feelings well, I guess.

Shipping is fun. I have discovered the world of fanfictions and fandom in general with MLP, and I love how people can explore absolutely every possible situation, try everything they can think of, with their writings. Shipping is cute, and amusing, and generally, it's short as well, meaning it's generally a perfect thing to read when I'm tired and I want something happy.

I also tend to read everything and like everything, I don't have a particular taste or distaste for anything too.

I really need to start reading fanfics, but it's hard to know where to start. I've seen a few that get updated on EqD, and they're like epics that go on forever, and that's a little daunting.

But if anyone knows any good starting fanfics to read, please point me in thattaway direction (shipping or no shipping is fine, but please, no grimdark :eek:).

And to answer the question, I don't mind shipping, though I hope there are at least some fanfics out there that are straight-up FiM, like they could be an episode. That's a cool idea to me, and if ever I write one, I'll write it like an episode.

I don't mind it so much, as long as it's modest. normally, I don't have an opinion either way, but I've seen a lot of good pieces of artwork with discord and celestia. (is it shipping if a character is always rejected? I don't really know much on the subject)

to be more specific, I like things like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o45SCnPXmY

hi hi

Foe shipping is something that actually concerns me a bit. I worry that people who are into foe shipping will make the mistake of applying that kind of matchmaking in their personal lives which will undoubtedly lead to a bad relationship. Fun as they may be in fiction, in real life, mixing extremely different people together is a recipe for unhappiness in a relationship.

hi hi

Foe shipping is something that actually concerns me a bit. I worry that people who are into foe shipping will make the mistake of applying that kind of matchmaking in their personal lives which will undoubtedly lead to a bad relationship. Fun as they may be in fiction, in real life, mixing extremely different people together is a recipe for unhappiness in a relationship.

Lets just hope people don't take bad advice from fan fiction! :-|

Wow, nice! Could you tell me what you've written, because I want to read them now! XD

You can find details and links about my shipping fics in this topic.

I recommend checking out An Entwining of Hearts and Friednship is Magic, Love is Confusing more so than Blossoming. Those two were the ones featured on EqD, and I had to revise them heavily to get them up there. Blossoming hasn't been revised and is in a much more raw state and probably isn't near as good. Also, definitely use the deviantART links rather than the fanfiction.net ones. I've revised those further.

to be more specific, I like things like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o45SCnPXmY

Yeah, I think as long as there's an idea about it in someone's head, it can be shipped.

By the way, the video was amazing! I could see that as what happened! Though, I think it might have been more complex than that. I don't think Celestia would just not give him a chance just like that, I think it could have been more to it. But that's just my opinion.

You can find details and links about my shipping fics in this topic.

I recommend checking out An Entwining of Hearts and Friednship is Magic, Love is Confusing more so than Blossoming. Those two were the ones featured on EqD, and I had to revise them heavily to get them up there. Blossoming hasn't been revised and is in a much more raw state and probably isn't near as good. Also, definitely use the deviantART links rather than the fanfiction.net ones. I've revised those further.

Cool, I'm checking this out! :)