Also at the end griffon's goblet, isn't it a reference to Harry poter the goblet of fire?

I'm not enierly sure what you're refrencing since I haven't re-watched yet, but isn't there a goblet thing in one of the indiana Jones movies? I haven't seem them since I was little, I just remember having nightmares for a week about the one movie where the guy drinks from the wrong one XD

I think I might be saying something stupid here XD I really don't know my movie refrences

I think the book titles might be intended to be references to Harry Potter book titles. The two titles we hear are about a "stone" and a "goblet", both words that have appeared in HP titles after all.

The content clearly doesn't have much to do with Harry Potter though. ;)

God, that barking pony. I am so tempted to write an app for that. Raised by timber wolves, maybe? :lol:

I enjoyed all the Dash faces. For some reason, getting her face stuck in that cup and suddenly looking more horse-like really entertained me.

I liked it! It made me like RD a lot more, too.

oh, is it book titles we're talking about? XD oh okay, I get it now. I thought there was a giffon holding a goblet somewhere in a background scene or something :P

Another great RD episode!

When reading the synopsis, I got the impression this episode would be uneventful or slightly boring, but I was actually quite surprised at how much I found it enjoyable to watch! :D

I'm seriously torn to choose which episode is my favorite, 'cause they're simply all so fun to watch. :)

I felt the episode was alright, two and a half, maybe three stars out of five. Perhaps it was on par with the initial Dash episode of this season, May The Best Pet Win, and certainly better than Mare Do Well. Still this wasn't as good as the last few, but really I have grow to expect less from Dash-centric episodes (she is my least favorite of the mane six).

In my mind what would have made this episode better is if it was revealed Dash didn't like reading was because she had difficulty, (not truly illiterate, but significantly behind) as she always coasted her way through that portion of her schooling (as it was an egghead pursuit). Twilight than could have volunteered to visit the hospital as often as possible to first read to her and then help Dash read, with Dash becoming quickly engrossed in the story (while learning to better read); their friendship becoming that much closer. I guess I was looking more for a friendship episode than a "reading is awesome" episode, or something that could successfully marry the two ideas.

Ponified Battleship was awesome though.

• Like 1

In my mind what would have made this episode better is if it was revealed Dash didn't like reading was because she had difficulty, (not truly illiterate, but significantly behind) as she always coasted her way through that portion of her schooling (as it was an egghead pursuit). Twilight than could have volunteered to visit the hospital as often as possible to first read to her and then help Dash read, with Dash becoming quickly engrossed in the story (while learning to better read); their friendship becoming that much closer. I guess I was looking more for a friendship episode than a "reading is awesome" episode, or something that could successfully marry the two ideas.

That would've been really awesome, especially considering the fact that the target audience undoubtedly has a significant number of kiddos who don't know how to read very well yet.

That doctor pony looks an awful lot like Caramel...

Few days... either she'll get out with a cast, or Pegasus wings/bones heal fast!

Title drop! :x

Rainbow Dash wouldn't be so bored if there were televisions in Equestria.

LOL Equestrian Battleship.

Human face sleeping Rainbow Dash.

Woah, obvious animation error much? AJ's lips stop moving part way through her line.

Why are his eyes like on his nose instead of on the sides of his head?

Firefly lantern! Welp, this proves that they use them as a light source.

FRACAS!

Pretty sure I know who the Daring Doo VA is... Sounds like Chiara Zanni, if I recall right...

Chances are it's probably just Tabitha though.

INSIDE RAINBOW DASH'S HOUSE?! Okay, just a little peak... but... we know she doesn't sleep on a couch and has a blanket to match her Cutie Mark. Or her tail, on a second look.

Well, I was incredibly excited for this episode and was not disappointed. It wasn't the greatest episode in the series but it reminds me of a few people I know personally, and its one of my favourite tropes when it comes to fiction: the athlete or whatever having a passtime they outwardly consider beneath them.

Dash reads with the same enthusiasm I watch the show with :)

Btw, the episode was not so lovely, thought the concept sounded intriguing. I'm not happy with the Daring Doo story being on the screen so much, but I guess it was kinda important for the episode. I would love to see some other interpretation of the story, it feels like the screen writer didn't make a plan of the episode. I would give it 7/10.

Ah, and I remember I once wished to see the inside of Dash's house (officially). Well, at least I saw her bedroom :D

Dash reads with the same enthusiasm I watch the show with :)

Btw, the episode was not so lovely, thought the concept sounded intriguing. I'm not happy with the Daring Doo story being on the screen so much, but I guess it was kinda important for the episode. I would love to see some other interpretation of the story, it feels like the screen writer didn't make a plan of the episode. I would give it 7/10.

Ah, and I remember I once wished to see the inside of Dash's house (officially). Well, at least I saw her bedroom :D

We needed the visual so we could see at the end how much the book impacted her. Remember she was doing things straight out of the book to get the book.

Also, what kind of book is that if someone like Rainbow Dash can read it in one day?

I read several books in a day. The first few HPs, Angels and Demons and the adventures of Sherlock Holmes to name a few. If you get engrossed in a book time disappears.

• Like 1

Thoughts on todays episode:

I liked the parallels to Neverending story here, plus the music cue was that from the movie

And Pinkie Pie sounded like Alpha Five from Power Rangers at the beginning of the episode.

The Rainbow Dash bits were good, but the Indy bits were meh as we have seen indy parodied before.