Would be nice....

So I go on EQD and see this post https://docs.google....ggfyIj6kzU0DerM

saying the Synopsis of the next seasons episodes. Now I know that it's April 1st ((fools day)), but some the these synopsis actually sound legit.

I mean if this is for real, I would be waiting on....

Episode 305 - Princess for a Day

(Twi as the ruler of Equestria, what could go wrong)

Episode 308 - A Mile In Her Hooves

(Oh god a body swap episode, this should be interesting)

Episode 310 - Pinkie vs. P0N3

(...they are giving her an episode with Pinkie)

Episode 312 - Separate Ways

(Something that we could only speculate in fan fics. Finally getting to see there cutie marks)

Episode 313 - The Magic of Friendship

(End of FMI? No...but could it mean that there will be a new mane 6)

FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC THE MOVIE - The Council of Shadows

Release Date Q2 2013

The Great and Powerful Trixie, Discord, Luna, and seventeen manticores team up and build a GIGANTIC volcano lair in the heart of the Tartaurus, after The Great and Powerful Trixie tames Cerberus of course. Discord doesn’t do anything, because we couldn’t get John de Lancie to come back a third time, but he does look pretty formidable hanging out in the background like that. We listed Luna to get the bronies excited, but she totally won’t be making an appearance. Our animators forgot how to draw her. Luckily we have some clip art left over for the movie poster. We also found out manticores breed like rabbits, hence the two we originally started with turning into seventeen. What a pain... ANYWAY, EXPECT IT IN 2013

Yeah... I don't believe it. ;D

Episode 313 - The Magic of Friendship

(End of FMI? No...but could it mean that there will be a new mane 6)

(note: I've not read the article because I hate spoilers, even if I'm suspicious these are fake)

This is actually what I expect, syndication begins and G4 is retired for G5 so there will be even more toys that can be sold. (and I fear that it would destroy FiM when they retool the world for a new Mane 6)

Now that being said, those synposies you posted, sound fake. Just like the post the other day there's too much fanservice. After the Derpy incident, I dont think they'll dare do anything with Vinyl Scratch except give her a cameo somewhere in the background, Also, as hilarious as Twi being in charge for the day would be, I doubt they would do it because it would canonize her status as Royal Heir.

I also heard somewhere (I think Pony Leaks, no idea though) that S3 is still being recorded as of a month ago or so, which makes me think we're getting a full 26 episodes again next season.

I'm hoping Hasbro has the brains not to end G4 on epp 13 of next season, but I'm not counting on it. Wheather any of the information posted in this thread is true or not is yet to be seen, lets just hope their PR department knows they'd be shooting themselves in the foot by ending the series at that point.

if its legit, then im happy. i mean 300+ episodes, the Hub must have writers to continue this

The 3 in the number means the season. 301 would be the first episode of season 3, not the 301st episode.

That said, I both suspect these are fake and hope they are. I don't want the third season to be the final one, and this makes it seem like it would be.

But yeah, the silly movie description seems like the big tip off point to it being fake. ;)

That said, I both suspect these are fake and hope they are. I don't want the third season to be the final one, and this makes it seem like it would be.

ending the series at 313 would be shooting the cash cow. Logically speaking, I wouldnt be suprised if G4 is the final generation of MLP --- not because they can the franchise, but because G4 is so popular that they are going to milk it as long as they possibly can (and considering the following, as well as the target demographic, I think it will be a long time)

...but then have we ever known a network to be sensible? Need I remind you all of Invader Zim or going further back, Ren and Stimpy?

I think the property is extremely lucrative. I'm sure we'll get more than 3 seasons.

Can you imagine the sheer outcry/fury if FiM didn't get signed on for a 4th season and S3 was only 13 episodes long?

Considering it was in the later half of S2 that they brought in a new PR head for ponies, I'd think they wouldnt have bothered if they were only ~20 episodes left... I mean there is _no_ logical reason for them to drop the series at 313. I just hope they dont try to mess with it and make it FiM: G5 instead and toss our beloved Dashie... I mean our beloved ponies into the dustbin... T_T

lol, I can imagine huge "BOYCOTT HASBRO! THEY TOOK OUR PONIES AWAY!" everywhere you look, and the company losing a LOT of money (even if bronies aren't buying as many toys as kids, a lot are parents and would furiously just buy a different brand of toy for their kids in protest...)

Two and a half seasons is the magic number required for syndication (allowing Hasbro to sell rights for other stations to play the series -- which would be GREAT, but only if it continued) -- that's why there's been rumory whispers that S3 might only be 13 episodes long. I'm tempted to say something speculative about how FiM doesn't cost a lot to produce as it would have, say, a decade ago due to its development in Flash (and how talented the development team is), but I have no real way of knowing what an episode costs to produce, or what Hasbro is willing to invest to ensure its continuation into the future.

We will eventually have to face the music that FiM will end, heart-wrenching as the prospect sounds. Will we be around 5 years from now, rooting for the start of S8? I hope so.

Are we really discussing if these are real or not? :lol:

It's obviously an April Fool's Joke, but they certainly sound like real episodes. Shows how talented those fellas at EqD are, xD

You ask me, there's NO WAY FiM won't get a full third season. With the popularity that's been formed, and with how thankful Hasbro, The Hub, Faust, and the crew seems for the fan-following, I don't see how we won't get a FOURTH season with the current popularity.

Two and a half seasons is the magic number required for syndication (allowing Hasbro to sell rights for other stations to play the series -- which would be GREAT, but only if it continued) -- that's why there's been rumory whispers that S3 might only be 13 episodes long. I'm tempted to say something speculative about how FiM doesn't cost a lot to produce as it would have, say, a decade ago due to its development in Flash (and how talented the development team is), but I have no real way of knowing what an episode costs to produce, or what Hasbro is willing to invest to ensure its continuation into the future. We will eventually have to face the music that FiM will end, heart-wrenching as the prospect sounds. Will we be around 5 years from now, rooting for the start of S8? I hope so.

DitD had some estimates on how much it *probably* cost vs traditional animation from another thread, and your right the costs are MUCH lower (even compared to shipping the stuff to Elbonia for animation) It wont be a matter of production cost when it ends, that's for sure (unless Hasbro just decides out-and-out to get out of the animation buisiness, which I dont see happening since even FiM, great as it is, STILL acts as a 22-minute commercial, even if it's evolved FAR beyond it's base intent)

I'm just hoping they decide to throw more one-shots into the show or just make random toys of ponies that never appear, than to change the core cast, but I worry they are planning to go to a new setting with the whole Candice thing (i.e. G5)

I'm tempted to say something speculative about how FiM doesn't cost a lot to produce as it would have, say, a decade ago due to its development in Flash (and how talented the development team is), but I have no real way of knowing what an episode costs to produce, or what Hasbro is willing to invest to ensure its continuation into the future.

Not sure how relative Happy Tree Friends can be, but IIRC they tried to start a fund-raiser when they first announced it was dead: For every $34,000 they raised, they would finance the production of a new 7-minute long episode. Otherwise, it would be too costly to afford.

What? Wait, no, seriously, WHAT? >.>

I would like to think that if and when G4 does end, Hasbro will realize that they finally got it right and do something similar for G5. But that might not necessarily be the case. I mean, look at Beast Wars: to most Transformers fans, that was the best thing to happen to the franchise since G1 (although in my opinion, this show was miles ahead of anything in G1 in terms of its characters and story), but then they followed it with Beast Machines which kinda sucked. Then even when they went back to the original characters with Armada that ended up not being very good either (save for the fairly decent video game based off of it). So if how Hasbro handled Tranformers is any indication, I'm not so sure that we can count on G5 as being as awesome as G4. But we will have a live action Michael Bay adaptation to look forward to in a couple more generations. :-P