Those little moments we all share....

Starfox64x

I feel like we should discuss something (besides ponies) That i believe we all know about and we all share... those little moments that everyone has experienced. Sure that description alone probably isn't much help but let me explain...

When you're typing up something on the computer, and you begin to spell a particularly odd word, either a long word or a word with a strange spelling. you get to the last letter and press the space bar, and then you have that little moment of joy when you see that the little red line DOESN'T appear below the word you've written.

That moment of fear when you're asked a question in a fast food restaurant and you dont know how to answer.

When you drop something and you catch it before it hits the ground and you feel like a ninja.

That moment of awkwardness when your friend doesn't text you back after a while and you start to reread your last message to see if it might've offended them somehow.

That moment of awkwardness you feel when you're doing something silly at home and you realize your window/door is open.

that moment when you feel awesome cause you did something very simple to someone who's never done it before or just doesn't have experience in it..

Things like that... you guys know what i'm talking about? do any of those moments relate toy you? you got any of those moments?

Edited by Dessa
Mind the cursing, folks.
  • Like 1

My favorite IM moment ever happened about...6 years ago.

My friend had said something that left me speechless and in a eureka moment, I figured out how to get that thought across.

I started typing nonsense. Then I paused, deleted it, paused, typed some letters, paused, typed some letters, paused, etc.

He absolutely got what I was doing.

Also, I get great joy in turning my pillow upside down while trying to fall asleep. I love the feel of the cool side of the pillow against my face.

Also, I get great joy in turning my pillow upside down while trying to fall asleep. I love the feel of the cool side of the pillow against my face.

Related is that feeling when you wake up too early, realize you have nothing pertinent to do that day, and you fluff up your pillows, turn them over, and get comfortable again.

My favourite feeling? When that one song comes on the radio that you and your seatmates in the car all like, and you all start singing. There's nothing quite like whipping down a country highway with four good friends singing "Don't Stop me Now".

Related is that feeling when you wake up too early, realize you have nothing pertinent to do that day, and you fluff up your pillows, turn them over, and get comfortable again.

My favourite feeling? When that one song comes on the radio that you and your seatmates in the car all like, and you all start singing. There's nothing quite like whipping down a country highway with four good friends singing "Don't Stop me Now".

hehehe, always a fun day when that happens.

When you hear a sound late at night and freak out for a while trying to figure out where it came from. (I've gotten quite good at figuring that out)

Oh yeah, i hate that... it's always like a plastic bag being hit by the air from your fan or something stupid like that... do you wait around for the noise to stop? or do you immediately try to find out what it is?

I was in Mexico a while back, and it seemed like the group of us were always in a van together. There were a few people who loved singing, and would bust out a song even without a radio. After several days of singing every song most of us could think of, I was scraping the bottom of the barrel. What other songs did I know by heart? That the others might know and join in on? It occurred to me that my sister had been a big Destiny's Child fan, and that I knew and enjoyed several of their songs. So I started one, and it turned out that the three black ladies on the trip had outstanding voices and carried the song. So I started another one, and they did the same. After getting through about 5 of DC's songs, one of them finally had to ask how I knew them so well. It was my first connection with them and we talked frequently for the rest of the trip. I might never have gotten to know them except for my non-traditional music preference. What a blast.

when you're eating crumbs off the table, and you accidentally eat one that isn't the same as the other ones you're eating x:

when you wait forever for the person you want to talk to to walk by so that you don't have to get up and talk to them.

when you wave at someone that you thought you knew, but it turns out it's not them. then you act like there was somebody behind them that you were waving at.

Finding a place that carries that specific type of soda/sauce/whatever that you like and is way too hard to find.

Hm, yeah, i usually have that issue with the frozen food aisle...

when you're eating crumbs off the table, and you accidentally eat one that isn't the same as the other ones you're eating x:

... I have way too much experience with that... I always worry about what the hay i just ate...

When you're the first one to finish a test in class but you wait for someone else to turn theirs in first so you don't look like you did it too fast.

Yep, i always hated that... but we studied that sort of thing in psychology... like if there's a cake with a sign that says 'take some' and no one wants to be the first up to get it.

This topic made me think of The 21 Absolute Worst Things In The World. I think we can agree on most of them.

The first couple made me think I would agree with them all, but there were a few that did not apply at all. And several more that are not terribly annoying.

For instance, my toothpaste tube is immaculate.

And my hands have no trouble fitting into a pringles can. They must be bigger in Alaska...

And I like the black eyed peas. That was a low blow.

Overall though, that list is amazing. Numbers one, two and seven are outstanding.

Edit:

Have you guys ever seen these things? I love em!

The first moment of dawn when everything is silent but starting to wake.

The warm, floral kiss of the Santa Ana winds.

The moment you can look someone in the eye and truly understand who they are.

Chocolate melting in your mouth...or melting on anything, really.

Watching a new episode of FiM.

Realizing that for all the darkness, sadness, and despair we encounter throughout our lives, hope is there, too.

That feeling when you find the food you're craving...in your house! <3<3<3

Also...that feeling when you had planned to have something (a beverage or food) at a specific time ,but someone finished it before you got to it. (Happens all the time in my house..) T_T

And lastly, that awkward moment when your parent / grandparent knows about something up to date before you do, but they know MORE about it than you do. (Music, Electronics, Game, etc)

And lastly, that awkward moment when your parent / grandparent knows about something up to date before you do, but they know MORE about it than you do. (Music, Electronics, Game, etc)

My dad works in a church, but seldom preaches. However, he does do it on occasion, and one memorable talk had youtube as a theme. While listening to him, I realized that he knew way more about youtube than I did. Not just the technical aspects, but the philosophy behind it, and why people were drawn to it. It was a bit of a shock.

You eve have that feeling of guilt about taking the last slice of cake or pizza? You dont want to take it because you're worried someone else might want it, but then everyone else is thinking the same thing so it just sits there for days until you eventually throw it away because no one seems to want it....

Staring up at the stars on a clear, moonlit night and knowing you're glimpsing the vastness of the universe.

Hot chocolate in front of a fire on a cold night.

Diving into the pool during a hail storm and hiding underwater to watch the surface.