Planned Inactivity or Leaving?

Manestream

Life sure moves fast when you are trying to complete restructure your life.

Hello friends. Long time no see. I know it's been awhile with no communication from me and for that I'm pretty sorry.

See, in January, my life began to fall apart because I finally confronted my husband about his latest emotional affair with a co-worker. Around mid-February it turned into a full blown affair and I eventually filed for divorce. It just wasn't fixable at that point, despite years of me trying, encouraging counselling and trying to emotionally reconnect to him. He just responded by being a passive-aggressive manbaby. All of my other mysterious unexplained absences from this board were directly caused by depression associated with my marriage and my husband's tendency to get emotionally involved with other women. As a matter of fact, part of the very reason I JOINED this forum was so that I could have something to do while I was at home because he would passive-aggressively intentionally hit on women because I was not at his disposal. Partially the immersal in a less-painful fantasy world helped tremendously. But eventually I got to the point where things just kept falling apart and the fantasy was just not fulfilling anymore and was worsening my depression. On top of this all of my projects were due in the Feb-May time slot, and when you are going through something as traumatic as a divorce, no matter how amicable and mutually agreeable, focus just doesn't happen. You get stuck in a rut of being bummed out and every day just blending to the next.

I live in Massachusetts, and work in Boston. I moved to the area 10 years ago for the man I just divorced. My divorce was finalized 2 weeks ago, the trial was the day that Boston was on lockdown from the manhunt for the Marathon Bombing suspects. He only just moved out May 1 after originally trying to leave April 1, and unfortunately moved 2 blocks away from me (literally, I can see his back door from my yard. Who does that?)

I've begun the long and tedious process of picking up the pieces of my life, reconnecting with people he really frowned upon me communicating with, and trying to get projects that my ex has constantly emotionally sabotaged me on completed. All in all, though, my life is very full but I am exponentially happier and fuller. I am starting a business, a small press dedicated to producing childrens' books, and an etsy store to sell off the years of vintage items I collected when I assumed we were going to buy a house together. I do not have any regrets, and all my friends have told me that I am my old self again now that this is over. A little older and wiser perhaps, but still me, after so many years of being "Carl's Wife".

I kept the apartment we shared and most of the stuff, but have to cull a lot of the things I had collected in my unhappiness. Unfortunately, Canterlot.com is one of them. I just don't have the time or energy to commit to it anymore at all. :( I will miss you all, and am glad that Canterlot was a part of my life for awhile, and will be eternally grateful to Mane and Artax and the rest of the staff for their support and understanding, and to the rest of the friends I made while I was here (but especially Jen and Dio, who had front row seats to my entire collapse and were tremendously helpful through it all even today, I love you both!). It was good while it lasted and I wish everyone the best of luck! Goodbye Canterlot, I'll never forget you. <3 <3 <3 If this can serve any lesson to anyone, just be kind and honest to each other, always.

Sorry to see you go.

• Like 1

Scotchie, you know I <3 you. I'm glad you're doing what you've gotta do :)

As I've said many times, I'm so glad we met. The fact that we ended up meeting like this just makes it all hilarious!

You will always be the power of 9 ponies on the internet to me, Jen. <3 <3 <3 <3

Hey, you're back! Are you here to stay? :?:

No, I am giving it a few days to make sure that I get to contact everyone I need to. I have been a member of thie board since the long ago days before it was Canterlot.com. :D

Also trying to figure out a way to free up my character's names so that they can be re-used. Except Unicornelius. None of you can TOUCH that one!

• Like 1

No, I am giving it a few days to make sure that I get to contact everyone I need to. I have been a member of thie board since the long ago days before it was Canterlot.com. :D

Kay! I wish and pray you happiness flutterscotch, and if this is truly the last time we speak, then best of luck~

Cheers~

Kodokuna Haisha

Except Unicornelius. None of you can TOUCH that one!

Ugh, who'd WANT him! Take the troll-haired freak with you!

But seriously, sad to see you go Scotchie, but sometimes you just have to move on.

Now, who am I going to brag to now about the additions to my pony collection?

I don't care! I am going to live in denial, believing that Scotchie in The Jar is just temporarily away. For the sake of my own sanity.

For real now.

I'd wish you good luck, but I am more than certain you won't need it. You'll just collar the life and take what you need~

We miss chu already ._.

Life sure moves fast when you are trying to complete restructure your life.

Hello friends. Long time no see. I know it's been awhile with no communication from me and for that I'm pretty sorry.

See, in January, my life began to fall apart because I finally confronted my husband about his latest emotional affair with a co-worker. Around mid-February it turned into a full blown affair and I eventually filed for divorce. It just wasn't fixable at that point, despite years of me trying, encouraging counselling and trying to emotionally reconnect to him. He just responded by being a passive-aggressive manbaby. All of my other mysterious unexplained absences from this board were directly caused by depression associated with my marriage and my husband's tendency to get emotionally involved with other women. As a matter of fact, part of the very reason I JOINED this forum was so that I could have something to do while I was at home because he would passive-aggressively intentionally hit on women because I was not at his disposal. Partially the immersal in a less-painful fantasy world helped tremendously. But eventually I got to the point where things just kept falling apart and the fantasy was just not fulfilling anymore and was worsening my depression. On top of this all of my projects were due in the Feb-May time slot, and when you are going through something as traumatic as a divorce, no matter how amicable and mutually agreeable, focus just doesn't happen. You get stuck in a rut of being bummed out and every day just blending to the next.

I live in Massachusetts, and work in Boston. I moved to the area 10 years ago for the man I just divorced. My divorce was finalized 2 weeks ago, the trial was the day that Boston was on lockdown from the manhunt for the Marathon Bombing suspects. He only just moved out May 1 after originally trying to leave April 1, and unfortunately moved 2 blocks away from me (literally, I can see his back door from my yard. Who does that?)

I've begun the long and tedious process of picking up the pieces of my life, reconnecting with people he really frowned upon me communicating with, and trying to get projects that my ex has constantly emotionally sabotaged me on completed. All in all, though, my life is very full but I am exponentially happier and fuller. I am starting a business, a small press dedicated to producing childrens' books, and an etsy store to sell off the years of vintage items I collected when I assumed we were going to buy a house together. I do not have any regrets, and all my friends have told me that I am my old self again now that this is over. A little older and wiser perhaps, but still me, after so many years of being "Carl's Wife".

I kept the apartment we shared and most of the stuff, but have to cull a lot of the things I had collected in my unhappiness. Unfortunately, Canterlot.com is one of them. I just don't have the time or energy to commit to it anymore at all. :( I will miss you all, and am glad that Canterlot was a part of my life for awhile, and will be eternally grateful to Mane and Artax and the rest of the staff for their support and understanding, and to the rest of the friends I made while I was here (but especially Jen and Dio, who had front row seats to my entire collapse and were tremendously helpful through it all even today, I love you both!). It was good while it lasted and I wish everyone the best of luck! Goodbye Canterlot, I'll never forget you. <3 <3 <3 If this can serve any lesson to anyone, just be kind and honest to each other, always.

Aww man, you take care of yourself, Scootchie. We'll miss you!

Bye Scotchie,I dunno if you are here to see this but I'm going to miss you a lot, thank you for taking me under your wing when you did and helped me get to the position I am today, I am deeply saddened by your absence and there will be a unicornelious shape in my heart that will never be filled :(

I'll be in Manehatten starting Tuesday, though, I probably won't have access to a computer for a week and a half.

If anypony is watching Equestria Girls at the Big Apple, PM me; I'd love to meet you there.

Also, 200th post and two week anniversary~

Was that conceited?

Anyway, don't change too much Canterlot~

I'll be in Manehatten starting Tuesday, though, I probably won't have access to a computer for a week and a half.

If anypony is watching Equestria Girls at the Big Apple, PM me; I'd love to meet you there.

Also, 200th post and two week anniversary~

Was that conceited?

Anyway, don't change too much Canterlot~

I would but I'm not planning on seeing it in theaters most likely. I'll see how I feel when it's released...

I would but I'm not planning on seeing it in theaters most likely. I'll see how I feel when it's released...

It's probably a one time experience though. Finding bronies in one place that isn't an expensive convention, but a theater for the price of a cheap ticket. Plus, I mean, it's MLP.

It's probably a one time experience though. Finding bronies in one place that isn't an expensive convention, but a theater for the price of a cheap ticket. Plus, I mean, it's MLP.

Honestly as much as I love our community here, I find most bronies at meet-ups and conventions to be irritating to me. I was very selective who I actively talked to at BronyCon last year. Half the time they were trekkies as well as bronies. I didn't engage any bronies at NYCC last year either.

Also it's more of a spin off than mlp...

I'm pretty sure I'll see it, just not sure if it will be in theaters....

I'll let you know though.

Honestly as much as I love our community here, I find most bronies at meet-ups and conventions to be irritating to me. I was very selective who I actively talked to at BronyCon last year. Half the time they were trekkies as well as bronies. I didn't engage any bronies at NYCC last year either.

Also it's more of a spin off than mlp...

I'm pretty sure I'll see it, just not sure if it will be in theaters....

I'll let you know though.

Totally understandable. :) On that off chance you do go, somehow through the power of unexplainable Science, I'll spot you in the giant crowd~

Going to be gone ALL DAY this Thursday (June 13) due to an all day bus trip to Pennsylvania. Also, there's an alert on the Weather Channel of a possible severe wind storm (derecho) that could be heading to my area tomorrow or Thursday. So if I vanish from Canterlot for a while, it's probably because I lost power at the house AGAIN! Same thing happened last June in my area, so if I disappear for a few days (or a week) you'll know why. :(:(

I will be going on vacation from June 16 through June 22. I'll be able to respond to any threads after that date but it will take me a while to catch up with everything.

I'm unavailable at 14th/15th. Going to conduct field surveys concerning influence of National Park on smaller communities.

Watch my arrival the third day, at noon.

EDIT 22nd of June: My last exam is scheduled at 24th of June, after that I should become more active on forums once more.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting tomorrow, I have an immensely packed summer ahead of me, and as such will very rarely have time to fire off even a post or two. All of you (especially a certain lot of you~) will be in my heart always during my summer. See you in September~

We're packing up and moving this week, so I'll be out of contact for a little while, until we get Internet set up in out new place.

Stuff and Life is going on for me right at this particular moment - forced to take a potential 2 weeks absence, depending on how things work out!

SHOULDN'T be any longer than that - it's just been a rather sudden occurance of oddities and bad luck that have caused this rather silly situation to occur.

HOWEVER - If I can make it online for any periods of time, I shall...but for now, I'm reporting a general case of online absence just in case.

I am indefinitely and irrevocably leaving the site for a minimum of a few months - 's certain areas. What do I mean? I will, as best as possible, strive away from using chat or any different areas than RP forums.

I will cease any kinds of activity here excluding the roleplaying area. I'm not going to give this one up yet, because it's simply too much fun. If you will want something from OC's/Cast I play, send me a PM.

It was a pleasure knowing all of you. First and foremost Aria, if not her I'd never probably stay on this site. There are countless people I'd like to mention, some of whom are not even on this site anymore. Be sure though, that if I have interacted with you at least once, you can trust that you're a valuable person to me. I'll just try to mention a few most important people.

Autumn/Manestream - I think the reason is far too obvious here. The site itself. Although there are dozens of smaller ones as well.

Phil the Time Wizard - insanely patient to all my ramblings and question, really helpful. Great listener. I really valued his advices.

Conor Colton - being nearly as persistent and patient as Phil successfully earned him a place in here. These two were the most dependable people I've met on the site.

Rosewind - always kind and positive. Guarding the community nearly with her life. A person you could really depend on.

Flutterscotch - I loved any kinds of interaction with Scotchie in the Jar~, positive, realistic with an approach towards life which I completely understood. EVEN if she had her oddities ^^

Starswirl the Bearded - a great mate to have both a meaningless conversation and more intellectual one as well. Also really helpful in whatever issue you've had.

SteelEagle/Riverhippo - two people I couldn't really separate. Where was Steel, there was River. I really had a lot of fun roleplaying or even only talking with them.

QuickLime - even though we weren't getting along, she's working hard to keep the site clean and suitable to all audiences. And she's always willing to help if you have any kinds of questions.

Diomedes/Helix - I barely had chance to talk with them, but even that little piece of conversation has proven to me that they're fantastic people.

Elderflower/Jane - even though I knew you both so short, I already know I'm going to regret I didn't have an occasion to get to know you better. I wish you two great fun in the forums/

LoopEnd and all the artists - I still cannot express my gratitude about how much I liked that request you did for me. More than that, I believe any artist whom ever at least tried his strengths with MLP deserves a mention here.

Everyone from Old LPW crew (people will know who I mean) - you were responsible for giving me a chance to become more open towards people, and that's what I did. Each one of you was, and remains, a fantastic man.

Everyone from Chatroom - the very fact I attended chat room so often was solely your fault. People there were always positive and silly. With certain doses of seriousness when situation required this.

All the roleplayers I've ever roleplayed with - for giving me a chance to create my own, surrealistic stories in the world of MLP:FiM. Without you, this site would never be the same nor the site it is now.

Finally, every single MLP fan out there - for forming such a great community and not fearing to truly love things you want to love, despite the situation or what happens.

I won't say everything was always smooth and beautiful. I had a few issues, I disagreed with a lot of opinions. But in general I've enjoyed nearly every second of my stay.

It's been a pleasure knowing all of you for so long. Hope you all keep enjoying the site.

Goodbye.