I suppose with me, I'm always going for the shy girls. At the same time, I simply don't see any of the other characters having the personality that clicks with Fluttershy besides Rainbowdash. It just seems that the aggressive, but loyal nature of Rainbowdash works out so well with the loving and needing to be protected nature of Fluttershy.

Yeah, I don't see it... :/

Watch Dragonshy again. Rainbow Dash spends the entire episode visibly irritated by Fluttershy; Applejack is the one who selflessly hauls her all the way up a mountain. :smug:

Is there a comparison video for the rainboom rainbow trail going behind the castle with the Disney Studios logo and it's line of sparkly magic? If so, please post it.

• Like 1

Watch Dragonshy again. Rainbow Dash spends the entire episode visibly irritated by Fluttershy; Applejack is the one who selflessly hauls her all the way up a mountain. :smug:

No, Dash just thought she wasn't up for the task, and I can't fault her for that. And Fluttershy has come a long way since Dragonshy. Besides, the two grew up together, and regardless of all shipping, they were already close friends before the series began. Come to think of it, that's most likely why Dash had so many reservations against taking Fluttershy to the dragon, because she knows how she is.

Then again, maybe I just like the idea because the two remind me of a couple I know. ^^;

No, Dash just thought she wasn't up for the task, and I can't fault her for that. And Fluttershy has come a long way since Dragonshy. Besides, the two grew up together, and regardless of all shipping, they were already close friends before the series began. Come to think of it, that's most likely why Dash had so many reservations against taking Fluttershy to the dragon, because she knows how she is. Then again, maybe I just like the idea because the two remind me of a couple I know. ^^;

How close were they though?

Flashback scene in Cutie Mark Chronicles: Dash knocks Fluttershy off a cloud and either doesn't notice or care enough to even look back. Fluttershy in turn immediately expresses a desire to never go back to Cloudsdale. Doesn't really speak to an inseparable closeness to me. :smug:

And if not Dragonshy, how about Griffon the Brush Off? Rainbow Dash gives an amused laugh at the idea of pranking Fluttershy. Pinkie Pie is the one who knows it's not a good idea.

How close were they though?

Flashback scene in Cutie Mark Chronicles: Dash knocks Fluttershy off a cloud and either doesn't notice or care enough to even look back. Fluttershy in turn immediately expresses a desire to never go back to Cloudsdale. Doesn't really speak to an inseparable closeness to me. :smug:

And if not Dragonshy, how about Griffon the Brush Off? Rainbow Dash gives an amused laugh at the idea of pranking Fluttershy. Pinkie Pie is the one who knows it's not a good idea.

That's the element of Loyalty for you. ^^

RD tends to get caught up in the moment, and loosing sight of her surroundings, or reason. And she lacks common sense when it comes to pranks, after all she was also absolutely unapologetic about Spike almost choking on candy when she scared him on Nightmare Night.

And it's not like you can support the idea of RariDash any better. At best, RD tolerates Rarity's antics. ;D

I haven't! I'm a season 2 brony! :-o I don't know how I'm going to survive... how did you do it the first time?!

Fan works will sustain us.

One more thing: I couldn't help but notice one fancy looking mare in the background. :)ehhUh.png

GINGER MINT IS NOW CANON.

And it's not like you can support the idea of RariDash any better. At best, RD tolerates Rarity's antics. ;D

It's mostly from Rarity's end, and largely based on Sonic Rainboom, where in her moment of great glory, Dash saves Rarity's life.

Something about the way Rarity delivers the line, "Rainbow Dash here really is the best flyer in Equestria." really just stuck with me. It seemed so romantic and charged.

And then in season 2, Read it and Weep, Rarity again gives a halfway romantic, "She's Dazzling" at the beginning, once more admiring Dash's flight.

I'll freely admit there's less to go on from Dash's end, though I do think the fact that in Swarm of the Century, Dash is doing something so entirely un-Dash like as modeling clothes for Rarity speaks to maybe some hidden want to be around her.

Also, a lot of it is just how I interpret the characters. On the surface, Rarity and Dash have nothing in common, but looking at them deeper, they are very similar at their core. I think they could relate to each other wonderfully.

Dash is doing something so entirely un-Dash like as modeling clothes for Rarity...

Also, a lot of it is just how I interpret the characters. On the surface, Rarity and Dash have nothing in common, but looking at them deeper, they are very similar at their core. I think they could relate to each other wonderfully.

Dash also did un-Dash like things such as spending a day with Fluttershy watching butterflies. That seems far less Dashesque, but at the same time totally within her character. She is after all the element of LOYALTY and loyalty manifests itself in doing things which she might not like to please her friends as part of the tradeoff of her often being selfish.

And, I really cannot see similarities between Dash and Rarity. One of the things I like about the character design in MLP:FiM is that each character is a very unique personality with fully fleshed out positives and negatives. Dash for all her loyalty can be very selfish in the things she wants while also being a pony who leaps before she looks. Rarity on the other hand is a business savvy and very practical pony who concenctrates on work first and also friends first. Of all the characters this polar opposite dichotomy seems as apparent as Appple Jack's outdoors nature compared to Twilight Sparkle's introvertedness.

Okay....I need someone to clarify this...

Am I the ONLY BRONY that saw the fight scenes from Powerpuff Girls: The Movie and Part 2 of the season finale as EXACTLY THE SAME in fashion? Heck, like I KEEP ON PREACHING, the flashing to white cuts at action shots were EXACTLY alike!

Somepony, PLEASE tell me I'm not crazy!

Getting to the songs....I want a full version of "Love Is in Bloom". I mean, that song was INCREDIBLE. I loved "My Big Brother Best Friend Forever" and "This Day", but MY GOD, "Love is in Bloom" was PERFECT. I have yet to listen to the acclaimed remix...but I NEED a full version!

...seriously, someone tell me I'm not the only one who noticed the similarity with the PPG Movie... :-|

Dash also did un-Dash like things such as spending a day with Fluttershy watching butterflies. That seems far less Dashesque, but at the same time totally within her character. She is after all the element of LOYALTY and loyalty manifests itself in doing things which she might not like to please her friends as part of the tradeoff of her often being selfish.

And, I really cannot see similarities between Dash and Rarity. One of the things I like about the character design in MLP:FiM is that each character is a very unique personality with fully fleshed out positives and negatives. Dash for all her loyalty can be very selfish in the things she wants while also being a pony who leaps before she looks. Rarity on the other hand is a business savvy and very practical pony who concenctrates on work first and also friends first. Of all the characters this polar opposite dichotomy seems as apparent as Appple Jack's outdoors nature compared to Twilight Sparkle's introvertedness.

True to the first point, I suppose, but even still, it's a little more surprising to me that Dash would be on board to spend time with Rarity. They don't have a lot of history together or any real obligation to hang out with each other.

Rarity is practical though? :shock: I guess sometimes, but not usually... Rarity can be just as petty and self-concerned as Dash sometimes (Sisterhooves Social and Sonic Rainboom come to mind), even if both will come around to support their friends at the end. They both like to be at the center of attention, they both have ambitions that extend beyond where they are now (something the other four lack), and they're both just very aggressive, upfront, proud and strong personalities. That's a number of similarities I can point out.

And yet on the surface, they're completely opposites. It makes for an interesting dichotomy which makes the pairing really work in my opinion.

Also, they just look cute together. :kissy:<3;-)

z

I also loved Luna's cameos and few lines. We have also confirmed that she does play a role in the protection of Equestria at night.... Wait... Does that mean that Celestia didn't sleep for a thousand years? Also... that must be one hellova telescope to be able to see over the curvature of the planet and view all of Equestria.

Well, Chrysalis did say that Equestria had more love than any other place she'd encountered. It suggests there are other places. And if there are other places, then equestria needn't cover the whole globe. Thus she wouldn't necessarily need to see over the curvature to watch over all Equestria.

Just to stir the pot a bit with the whole FlutterDash bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnZg979vKvI

Personally I don't think anything happened, but go with whatever tickles your fancy. My only worry is the idea of FlutterDash will no doubt will be claimed by some fanatics as the only acceptable fanonship for those two in the fandom; I really hate when fandom shippers do that.

Flutterdash is one of my MTPs. ............ Many True Pairings? But this wasn't a kiss. That was more like a "shwip!" sound.

Getting to the songs....I want a full version of "Love Is in Bloom". I mean, that song was INCREDIBLE. I loved "My Big Brother Best Friend Forever" and "This Day", but MY GOD, "Love is in Bloom" was PERFECT. I have yet to listen to the acclaimed remix...but I NEED a full version!

I'm not a fan of Remixes... out of the hundreds of pony remixes I had 1 I kept (covers dont count) ... that being said the Love is in Bloom remix went straight into my iPod! lol

If you looked closely, at a slowed-down version of it, they didn't actually get animated into a kiss.

...Though I still freaked the -BUY SOME APPLES- out over seeing the scene and rewinding it over and over, before I finally went to a speculation vid of it that showed it didn't actually happen. It was unbelievably cute and I would totally support it if the animators coupled the sound affect with the exact moment of the scene with the couple.

_ _ _

I generally really liked the episode, though there were A LOT of campy moments, haha.

Most of this fits into my headcanon, but some of it has gotten a little iffy now.

Also, as an observation/explanation thing, if Candence being an alicorn was completely looked over by the Mane 6 (they didn't really have any reaction to it), and the changelings had Alicorn Traits, AND more places in the world than just Equestria were "mentioned", Alicorns may not be as rare and extremely special as we think. Time for theories, people!

• Like 1

I do agree that if a young Alicorn foalsits a perfectly normal unicorn, then it would seem that they don't quite have god emperor status.

Also, Twilight didn't really seem to think of her like that. She didn't seem to pay any attention to it, and indeed says something along the lines of "Can you think of any other Unicorn that spreads love whereever she goes." (It's not the exact wording, but she was talking about Princess Cadence).

Aww yea!!

Edit: I have Shining Force on the brain.

Musical revision for the temporary victory of Queen Chrysalis in my head canon and the epic fight scene... Warning: really old and a lot of you won't understand why... First half of the song is for the reveal and Celestia being defeated and the second half is the fight scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvqo0Fp56IA

While for Princess Cadence and Shining Armor laying the love powered smackdown against Queen Chrysalis I thought of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk1zI_pbgRk

I do agree that if a young Alicorn foalsits a perfectly normal unicorn, then it would seem that they don't quite have god emperor status.

Also, Twilight didn't really seem to think of her like that. She didn't seem to pay any attention to it, and indeed says something along the lines of "Can you think of any other Unicorn that spreads love whereever she goes." (It's not the exact wording, but she was talking about Princess Cadence).

Was that before or after the cut scene where TS expresses her low self esteem by calling Cadence a princes and herself "just a unicorn"? I can see Twilight being uncomfortable around Cadence at first, but growing closer and more familiar with her. And then even calling her a unicorn by accident because she relates so well to her.

I just loved the little bit where Applejack kept trying to sneak her hat on during the wedding, and when she did and nopony complained she had this really goofy look on her face.

I just loved the little bit where Applejack kept trying to sneak her hat on during the wedding, and when she did and nopony complained she had this really goofy look on her face.

Well she was placed right next to Rarity, so she had to wait until Rarity started crying! Where was she hiding it!