I noticed that too, I thought her green colored magic didn't fit her color scheme and her magic in the flashback with Sibsy/Wildfire was a different color. Also the only other unicorns to ever have a green magic aura were the Flim Flam Bros. so I immediately suspected her.

Interestingly, when watching the episode again, I realized that Shining Armor's magic is purple like Twi's. Huh. He doesn't have any purple going on.

I hereby post on this thread to challenge Weesh to... Go to bed!

(as per your post on the "Why are you still up" thread)

Also, on my fourth viewing of the episode and I still can't figure out Vinyl's eye color. I know its a small detail but for some reason its driving me buggy.

And, that magical field thingy, isn't Shining Armor's cutie mark purple too?

On cutie marks: most ponies seem to have magic that matches their cutie marks (Celestia: yellow, Twi: purple, Rarity: blue etc.)

Sweet celestia that foreleg!

Since when is Rainbow a gelatin entity like Pinkie?

rainbow_dashstretchy_arm.jpg

OK! Theory time!

The changlings don't seem to be a pony species per say, but share common traits. This would suggest evolutionary divergence. They are of the same genus but not of the same species.

This would also suggest that traits were once uniform, and Alicorns are actually the oldest pony species of special type. They might have been only female, and thus bred with regular ponies, emparting magical abilities on them, as well as individual traits. Thus allowing for the three pony types to be created. This also allows for recessed genes, which would explain the cake's kids. If Alicorn's are the common ancestor then the possibility of latent genes becomes more likely, especially when magic is involved.

The changlings diverged due to a genetic mutation. Possibly one of changing gender or a genetic anomaly that allowed inbreeding. thus the original traits were preserved.

EDIT: Yes, I'm fully aware I'm probably reading FAR too into this.

My personaly theory is that changling bodies have no "Natural" form as such, but defaults to something that approximates the local creatures wit the highest population. Notice how in human legends, fairies and goblins and such always have a humanoid form? It's because they change to match the locals, rather than any fixed form. If they changlings traveled to the lands of the minotaurs, they would likely change to have bodies to match.

Also. I'm an idiot for not seeing this earlier and just realizing this.

Chrysalis's ability, power, and traits are more resemblent of a succubus than a changeling. Yes, a succubus. In G-rated, pony form with a different name. Think about it.

And I was gonna post the Flutter kiss scene. Whether it was or wasn't real, it is now my headcanon.

Edited by MyLittlePonyTales
Ya can't use that name outside 18+, Sugarcube.

I hereby post on this thread to challenge Weesh to... Go to bed!

And, that magical field thingy, isn't Shining Armor's cutie mark purple too?

ok (hangs head)

Also, nice job making the magic to cutie mark connection guys.

Also, on my fourth viewing of the episode and I still can't figure out Vinyl's eye color. I know its a small detail but for some reason its driving me buggy.

The only thought though, DJ-PON3's eyes, were they Red, Magenta, or Purple?
Magenta. It was actually revealed several days ago, and a spoiler pic was posted in the DJ Pon3 Info Stuff [spoilers] topic.

Maybe this already came up somewhere in the thread, but... Just where the hell was Luna and what was she doing that she wasn't even aware of what was going on?

And for that matter, why is she pretty much nonexistant in general? Is someone at the Hub afraid of smashing too much fannon if Luna becomes a regular character?

I was going to mention how this got up to 8 pages yesterday... but then I remembered it was actually a double episode.

Notes for second time around!

Hey... at the picnic, there is a slice of cake in front of Rarity. But the cake in front of Fluttershy does not have any slices taken out of it...

Speaking of that cake... Pinkie Pie totally stepped a hoof in it when she did the cart wheel, and Twilight immediately fixes the frosting.

It's weird that Twilight has a different singer, but she can still sound like Twilight...

Hmm... we didn't actually see Twilight take off FROM Canterlot in the first episode, did we? Way to go with trying to keep continuity, even though you're throwing a brother we've never heard of in there. (Meh, I had to check. I was right. Fade to commercial from the library, and Twilight is on the road sky to Ponyville.)

Totally missed Twilight crying at the end of the song the first time around

Rarity: “So let me get this straight. We're helping out with the wedding of not only a princess, but a Captain of the Royal Guard?” Yes, because a captain of the Royal Guard is more important than a princess.

Oh hey, a shot of the train tracks leading up to Canterlot.

“Ever since I moved to Ponyville we've been seeing each other less and less.” I feel the same way. I haven't seen him for nearly two seasons.

TSA airport security?

I don't think they need to throw that Twiley thing in there.

Lol Smarty Pants.

“Oh sweety. You just did that thing.” wat.

Hey, Apple Fritter. (I saw her the first time, but didnt' remember the name and din't write it donw so forgot.)

Wait... Luna just came in THROUGH the shield. Where the heck was she...

Fluttershy... do you have your bird choir hidden under the table?

Haha, was Applejack drinking orange juiece?

So, my sister likes this show. Actually, two of them do. Pretty sure this scene with evil Cadence would scare the youngest, and maybe the other too. Huh. I guess they really did go a bit dark with this episode.

Third time I've heard this song. “Cake” does not rhyme with “celebrate”, Cadence.

Chrysalis' horn reminded me of the horns of Mary and Sue. I was probably moreso thinking of Sue, originally. (Thought of this on the first run, but didn't have a comp handy.)

Anyone think she looks king of cute at first? Like, right after transformation.

Also... did anyone else think of Flutterponies? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Why did Celestia say “mare and colt” rather than “mare and stallion”?

Hmm... a pop song to end it off. Kind of surprising to myself, I'm okay with this.

Oh gosh, that Rarity face with the flowers. How long until it's an avatar?

(End) Rainbow Dash does a Sonic Rainboom. Tori Spelling is totally un-phased.

Maybe this already came up somewhere in the thread, but... Just where the hell was Luna and what was she doing that she wasn't even aware of what was going on?

They alluded to that she was sleeping early in the episode, when Luna game to relieve Celestia from looking through the telescope.

And for that matter, why is she pretty much nonexistant in general? Is someone at the Hub afraid of smashing too much fannon if Luna becomes a regular character?

They weren't afraid to add another Alicorn without explanation, mention Tartarus but not give any mythological history to go off of, make a Minotaur which in mythology is half human, make time travel possible, put in a car-like machine called the The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, make baby ponies oober powerful, and they put Derpy Hooves in and gave her a real voice.....

They aren't super afraid of smashing/destroying fanon.

Rarity: “So let me get this straight. We're helping out with the wedding of not only a princess, but a Captain of the Royal Guard?” Yes, because a captain of the Royal Guard is more important than a princess.

It's not that he's more important, its more like the prestige has been doubled.

Throughs....

Pinkie sneezes streamers...

Cadance is cute...

Lyra talks!

Celestia "Rear window" movie shout out?

Luna is a cranky Jerk.

Luna does the "Rear Window" too, still a jerk.

Cadance is a Jerk too.

Even rational Celestia can 'dis' her pupil and be a jerk.

When in doubt, Disney look...

Aww Cadance is soo sweet.

Evil Bridesmaids only want to be wed... Bouquet, my preecious! And Canada Cadance and Twi escape Superman's cavern.

Pony Battle Royale at high noon.

The power of love literally saves the day.

About this whole thing with Cadence being Celestia's niece: I'm thinking the simplest answer is that another alicorn sibling exists that is Cadence's parent. Maybe that's something we'll see in a future season?

I hope Cadence and SA aren't just a one trick ponies; I think it would be interesting to see them hanging around Canterlot or getting involved in future stories.

I also noticed Berry Punch was naked at the real wedding ceremony...

Ah yes, so after multiple viewings I finally know what tipped me off. Cadence unicorn magic color was different in the flashback. The bright green seemed kinda off anyway. I think that's why my first thought was shape shifter rather then being possessed (or simply being a massive Trixie).

• Like 1

I... just noticed... RD is dancing with a uniformless SPITFIRE! You can even see his cutiemark! You can tell from his mane... That and apparently ponies use the same amount of bars on the arms for captains... Wait... do they have a navy?! I'M SO CONFUSED!