ESPN's Tony Kornheiser's a BRONY! (are there others)

Mojo

Hm, have a link?

For Doug Walker, I think Thoth was referring to this Ask That Guy video (and specifically the final question).

To be honest, I'm kind of the one who submitted the question to him. :blush:

I'm pretty sure he just researched it though, or maybe watched one or two episodes at the most.

• Like 1

I got some bad news for you then.

http://forums.anandt...d.php?t=2238446

(warning, this thread got a lot of haters)

tl;dr

Didnt read the whole thing, but Wanted to point out something important here:

there are 2 "Steven Colberts" If you read up on him, there's the "real" him (the 'actor' if you will) and the "Character" him. So it's quite possible that the character likes them but the actor doesn't or vice-versa

(for the record, despite being a liberal I do love Colbert, he's hilarious and takes his stance way too seriously (such as I remember a very "bad" clip about Bush/Iraq that was clearly saying 'this didnt work' and colbert praising it/him on very vague and shakey grounds, which added tremendously to the humor)

As for the Clinton thing, I want to believe he is a Brony, or at least is positive towards the show, but *shrug* they did ask some very 'common knowledge' that he could have picked up from just a few commercials. He does seem to at the least not 'hate' the series.

Somewhere there's also a rumor that Obama likes MLP, but I have absolutely NO idea if it has ANY basis in fact or was just a "oh this is a funny idea" somone ran with.

I think you are too close to be able to see this clearly. I knew NOTHING about the show. My even tinier ponies, the gluemaker and Chester were all possible from my persepective, ESPECIALLY on "Wait wait don't tell me". I've learned from years of listening to the show that they pick out the absolute strangest questions with answers that you cannot believe. In fact, I was on the show once, for the "Bluff the Listener" segment, and I lost a similar multiple choice question by picking the only answer that sounded reasonable.

Well like we established, he's a smart man, a rogue scholar. He may not have to see something to make an educated guess about children's programing.

Didnt read the whole thing, but Wanted to point out something important here:

there are 2 "Steven Colberts" If you read up on him, there's the "real" him (the 'actor' if you will) and the "Character" him. So it's quite possible that the character likes them but the actor doesn't or vice-versa

(for the record, despite being a liberal I do love Colbert, he's hilarious and takes his stance way too seriously (such as I remember a very "bad" clip about Bush/Iraq that was clearly saying 'this didnt work' and colbert praising it/him on very vague and shakey grounds, which added tremendously to the humor)

Um, you do know that Colbert is democrat right? And the two person thing? I mean he's who he is. Satirical yes, but he's not someone with a split personality. If he knew about the brony fandom before, he would have know what they were talking about, as this was clearly him out of character. And even if he were to joke about it in character, his character satirically promotes conservative viewpoints. And to the best of my knowledge, bronydom is probably mostly liberal, if it takes a political stance at all, which I believe it doesn't.

Um, you do know that Colbert is democrat right? And the two person thing? I mean he's who he is. Satirical yes, but he's not someone with a split personality. If he knew about the brony fandom before, he would have know what they were talking about, as this was clearly him out of character. And even if he were to joke about it in character, his character satirically promotes conservative viewpoints. And to the best of my knowledge, bronydom is probably mostly liberal, if it takes a political stance at all, which I believe it doesn't.

Actually, no, I didnt realize he was, though it makes a lot of sence.

I never said he had a split-personality, he's just an actor portraying a character who happens to have the same name.

As I said, I didnt read the link'd forum, I've just seen a couple clips of the show where he talked about ponies (One where he makes a comment about "wanting chicken" and pulls out a scootaloo (even if it's not) and at least 1 if not 2 where he makes a shout out to "all my bronies out there!")

Gabe Newell, obviously.

Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic, etc.) has made a FiM reference in one of his videos before. Not sure if he VERY THOROUGHLY researched the show for it, or if he actually watches it...but he certainly spouted out a mouhtful of FiM in one of his videos, xD

Doug Walker has specifically said that he isn't a brony. Basically everything he said was found off the internet for that one Ask That Guy question to be funny (kind of his job). Good news is that he doesn't exactly hate bronies, he does make fun of them occasionally though.

CR is a brony. He's a contributor of thatguyswiththeglasses.com. He did recaps for 2 of the episodes, and in one case, it totally changed my perspective of the episode, though not for the better. ^^

As for Colbert, he's entitled to his own opinion on things. I still love him for being able to troll on such a high level. ^^

Doug Walker has specifically said that he isn't a brony. Basically everything he said was found off the internet for that one Ask That Guy question to be funny (kind of his job). Good news is that he doesn't exactly hate bronies, he does make fun of them occasionally though.

Personally, so many of his Nostalgia Critic reviews offer great chances for him to make fun of Bronies. He never seems to take advantage, however...

(i.e. "Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle")

Relating to Stephen Colbert; no, he is not a Brony. The first time, it was a crew member that told him to say it. The second time, a member from EqD had asked him about it at a Q&A before a show, and he clearly responded not knowing what it meant. He did later refer to it on his show that night (The 2nd shoutout), however.

The third time...I think he was just poking fun to be honest. I think he just embraces the Brony fans and how they've embraced him for shouting out to them, xD

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Not only did Tony Kornheiser shout out AGAIN to the 'bronies' on PTI Monday, the camera 'panned in' during a commercial break to show that he's got a miniature Applejack figurine next to his Emmy Award on his workdesk!

Couldn't get a video or still pic of that, but I DID find TK's FIRST brony shoutout on youtube (audio quality is poor though):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg7IbPxp9w8

• 3 weeks later...