[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

[colour=#0000ff]"Whew,"[/colour][colour=#000080] Ice said to herself as she left her store for the day after making a list of everything that she needed for the day. She needed a few bags of sugar from Sugar cube corner, and a few syrups from there are well, but she needed a vast assortments of fruits for her slushes. They have been quite popular as of recently, and she started running low on all fruits and this morning had run completely out of apples. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Ah, I know, I'll head to Sweet Apple Acres first. Celestia only knows how long I'll get trapped in sugar cube corner by all the wonderful pastries that are in there,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she giggled to herself blushing a small bit as she headed towards the farm. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]As she crested the hill though to where Applejack's stall normally rested her jaw dropped. The line for apples was as far as her eye could see. She looked down the hill a bit to see the stall, and she saw Princess Luna down there. She wanted so much to run up and say hi to her, but it looked like she was already busy, and was being swarmed by everypony else as it was. The very sight of it within itself made Ice smile. Perhaps things aren't as bad for her anymore as I originally thought... Looks like I need to stop paying attention to old books and pay attention to what's going on now, she thought to herself with a giggle. She then made her way into a spot in line and awaited her turn for some apples. She figured she'd go ahead and get two bushels this time with as quickly as her apple sundaes and apple smoothies sell. Aside from the snow cones, they were her best sellers, and she could thing of no pony else better than to buy from. Then again, nopony in all of Equestria had apples like they did here. It was no wonder that Applejack had a line as long as she did. In fact, she was surprised that with the princess there too that the line hadn't reached this outer limits of Ponyville. She shrugged, and figured if nothing else she'd get a passing wave at Luna if she happened to look in her direction, but just calmly waited for her turn out of respect for both her and AJ.[/colour]

[colour=#d2b48c]While nopony in line had heeded Inkwell's words and froze, they at least had the courtesy to stay out of the general area where his glasses had been dropped. It wasn't the first time Inkwell had dropped his glasses on the floor, and after the first few times it happened during his foalhood he had gotten pretty good at searching for and finding them again. It helped that they had thick black frames that stood out against the earth tones of the ground, and even with his horrible astigmatism he could at least discern colours.

Once he put them on his face and got his vision back, finding his sketchbook was a cinch. It had fallen on top of a couple of apples, thankfully minimizing the dirt that would rub into the paper. By the time he finished lifting it back up, Applejack was calling out to him. It took him a few minutes for him to realize that she was talking to him. "Huh? Oh, me! Okay!" He walked up to Applejack, still keeping one eye on his sketchbook to check for damages to his illustrations.

Everything looked pretty intact, and as a bonus, there was a nice sketch of Applejack and her family on one of the open pages. Inkwell had drawn her, Big Macintosh, and Apple Bloom standing together and smiling at each other. For some reason he'd drawn Apple Bloom with Applejack's iconic hat on her head, and it was big enough to completely cover her eyes. Her illustrated siblings seemed very amused by this.

He got the sensation that he'd been standing there and admiring his handiwork for a bit too long, and looked back at the real Applejack. "Oh, sorry, I was just, um, double-checking it." He turned the page around so that Applejack could see it and all the other sketches he'd made of the ponies he'd seen in line. "Did I get your likeness right?" One of the other sketches on the page, one that he'd forgotten about at the moment, was one of Applejack kissing Princess Luna. Thankfully the poses he'd put them in came across as awkward and funny, as opposed to lascivious and exploitative. "Oh, um, and I'd like a bushel of... do you have fijis? One of fijis, if you've got them, and another of whatever you recommend for baking. I... don't know much about the different kind of apples yet."[/colour]

[colour=#d2b48c]He scratched his head and folded his ears, then shook his head and groaned. His now-frizzy hair was starting to get in the way of his eyes, and it felt weird, like he was wearing a pile of cotton on his head. "Ugh, how does Pinkie deal with this?" he asked himself.[/colour]

Pinkie Pie dropped Razor like a sack of potatoes, her attention shifting to the unicorn in front of her. She blinked her large blue eyes, somewhat taken aback. So much had happened the last few minutes -- what with the wagon going kablooey, wheels spinning off into the apple orchard, apples flying everywhere, and her own rescuing from certain disaster by her pint-sized griffon friend, she completely, without any doubt whatsoever, had failed to see if the pony in front of her was okay after the whole fiasco. Without a second thought, she grabbed Inkwell from behind and pulled him into a crushing earth pony hug.

[colour=#ED458B]"I'm sorry! I'm so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so...[/colour]

Five minutes later...

[colour=#ED458B]...so soooooooooo sorry, Inkwell! You poor thing." [/colour]She squeezed him several more times. Pinkie Pie was so full of hugs today! [colour=#ED458B]"Why doncha stop by Sugarcube Corner later, and I'll treat you to a cupcake? I need some frosting design ideas and I think you are just the one I need to talk to about that! What do you say? Plllllllease?!"[/colour]

As soon as he was free, Razor gasped for air taking several huge breathes of air. He swore it never tasted sweeter.

Once his lungs were full, he hissed and rubbed his back, "My back." He bent and twisted causing his back joints to crack audibly. After that he stretched and preened his wings to get any feathers straight again. Wings required a lot of maintenance.

"Geez, you're a strong one. For a pony anyway." Razor said, rubbing his back. When he noticed she was now hugging a unicorn, Razor sighed in relief.

'Better him then me.' He thought, cringing when he saw Pinke squeeze the unicorn more. The poor guy would be lucky to have intact ribs.

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]Pinkie apologized windedly towards Inkwell. [/colour][colour=#ff0066] "I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack rolled her eyes. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"She's gonna be a while, buddy, what can I get you?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack looked at Inkwell, who was zoning out on his sketchbook. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Mister?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Apparently he had drawn something and was lost in it. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Hell-o!?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Inkwell snapped and proceeded forward, and hoofed over his sketchbook to Applejack. When the drawn side was turned so that Applejack could see it in all of its adorable nature, a drawing of her and her brother taking a liking to Apple Bloom's cowpony hat blindness. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Oh my! It's."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack dropped her jaw at the picture. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "It's."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack started looking the picture up and down, studying the details in the ponies' legs and features. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"It's, amazing! I especially like how you drew my eyes." [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack looked at the artist and batted her eyes jokingly. It was fun to pretend that she was Rarity for a moment. I wonder how many stallions have drawn Rarity like this?[/colour]

[colour=#ff0066]"...so so so so so so so so so so so so so so..."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh yes, you got my likeness perfect."[/colour] [colour=#000000]Applejack flipped to the next page where it was revealed as a sketch of Princess Luna and Applejack kissing. Applejack quickly slammed the sketchbook shut.[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Woa! Yeah thats great, um, nothin' else to see here!"[/colour] [colour=#000000] Applejack was going to ask anyway, but now she had to ask, for fear of an artists rendition of her apparent romanitc relationship with the Princess of the night.[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Do you, mind if I take these?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0066]"...so so so so so so so so so so so so so so..."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Figi? Figi?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Applejack was confused. She had never heard of this type of apple, which saddened her for a moment. Should she know all apple types?[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Oh wait. You mean Fugi. Yeah I got some Fugis. And I'll get you a bushel of Granny Smith apples, which are prefect for baking. That'll be ten bits."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Waitng for Inkwell to show payment, Applejack turned to her Granny.[/colour] [colour=#ff0000] "Granny Smith, Granny Smith's are good because they have the perfect balance of sweetness and crispness. I don't think there's another baking apple that is better than them Granny Smiths is there, Granny Smith?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0066]"...so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry, Inkwell!"[/colour]

70 Kisses left!

[colour=#008080]Next up[/colour]

31. Inkwell - yes, you're next, lets give it one more round of dealing with Pumpkin's antics and then we will continue.

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Professor Ashen Smirk

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

[colour=#FF8C00]Kissed[/colour]

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

[colour=#d2b48c]Before Applejack could really talk to Inkwell, Pinkie Pie ambushed him with one of the strongest bear hugs he'd ever been a part of. He could feel the air rushing out of his lungs and his head feeling light and fuzzy. When Applejack said that Pinkie Pie would be a while in apologizing, confirmed by Pinkie repeating one word over and over, Inkwell thought he could feel a tear or two coming to his eye. "G...great. I'm glad... you like it!" he whispered, smiling and blinking the tears away. "N-nothing but the best for you!"

Inkwell realized that Applejack was going to see that drawing of her kissing Princess Luna half a second before she actually did, slamming the book shut and doing her best to save face. "Um, sure! W-what better way to commemorate the day then to keep the pictures? Aside from, you know, photographs." He laughed nervously, though with Pinkie's hug that laugh sounded more like a wheeze. Trying to remember a certain spell, he reopened the book and found the page in question. Thankfully, both sides of it only contained the entirety of the sketches he made of the kissing booth and all the ponies he saw in line. His horn glowed tan, and the page neatly detached from the book. "There we go, all yours, no charge!"

Applejack then explained that he had, in fact, gotten the name of his favorite apple wrong, and recommended a good variety of baking apple, too. "Ngh, alright, ten bits it is." As he used his magic to reach for the bits in his saddlebag, Pinkie finally let him go and said something besides "so." "No problem, Pinkie. Easy mistake to make." He counted out the coins, dropping them one by one onto Applejack's counter. "I wouldn't mind the cupcake and giving you some aesthetic advice." He blew a lock of frizzly, chaotic hair out of his face. "After I get my hair washed and combed, of course."

Wasn't he forgetting something? Oh, right, the main draw of Applejack's booth in the first place. Inkwell became very conscious of his heartbeat as he looked into Applejack's eyes. She was pretty, in a sort of country way. Strong face, cute little freckles, vivid green eyes that reminded him of a field of grass. He could feel the opportunity to keep himself dignified slipping away, so he just closed his eyes and puckered his lips, hoping that AJ would figure out what to do with him from there.[/colour]

As Quiet Harmony stood in Line, he realized he seemed to have missed a lot before his arrival though he wasn't sure what had happened, he expected that the apples were just that good. He then looked seeing a Pink Pony hug a Pony to death apologizing over and over about something though he was not sure why she was but the apologies continued over and over, like a broken record.

He sighed as this would take a while and he used his magic to pull out a few sheets of paper and look over them as they were his current song he was working very hard for and he wanted them to be good but he had run out of inspiration, but the ponies and griffon and all of that were giving him ideas, and once he had some of those apples he would get even more, dear celestia he couldn't wait and hoped the line would move some more, still unaware of what else was at the end of the line.

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]When Inkwell start dispensing his coins onto the counter, Applejack was a little stunned that someone could draw a rendering of a kiss with a Princess with that kind of skill, but that also he was willing to part with it. Of course there was a camera in the area. [/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Oh yeah, heh, that."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack recalled the presence of the camera, but for now it hadn't really caused a menace. Blackmail in the future perhaps? Applejack hoped not.

Applejack was taken back by the kindness of this pony. He obviously just wanted to do the right thing. His posture was held stable. His words were spoken with nervousness, but were true. And his generosity displayed the vulnerability and sensitivity that any good and honest pony would carry. Frankly, Applejack was impressed. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Oh, come here Sugarcube!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack leaned over her counter towards Inkwell, pushed Pinkie's invading face away, and grabbed Inkwell's head with both of her front hooves. She then tilted her head and press her face against his, locking their lips together with a small about of force. A couple seconds later, Applejack pushed away from his lips and gave a convincing smacking sound. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Mmmmpfwah!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Applejack stood back behind her counter and wiped her face. Not of embarrassment or saliva, but of the sweat she perspired in her excitement.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah really appreciate you comin' out and buyin' apples. Come back real soon, OK?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack scooted the bushels towards Inkwell for him to take. His turn was done. And many more ponies were in line to be next. But Inkwell could take as long as he needed to, especially since he was talking with Pinkie Pie.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]Wait. Pinkie Pie?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack had seen Pinkie here for the past fifteen or twenty minutes. But she wasn't sure what her purpose was. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Pinkeh! What in tarnation are you doing here?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack gave a wry smile as the pink mare approached.[/colour]

69 Kisses left!

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

On hold:

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]

GrannySmith1WithText.png[/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]"What was that, AppleJack?" [/colour][/colour][/colour]Granny Smith asked. The elderly mare wasn't being forgetful or hard of hearing this time, she was just confused over the repeated 'Granny Smith' references her granddaughter had just used. [colour=#00FF00]"Of course I'm good at bakin'! I learned ya everythin' I know, didn't I? Oh, hold on thar, yur a-talkin' about Granny Smith APPLES ain't ya? Why didn't ya say so in the first place? Granny Smith's is good eatin' and good bakin' apples too! Ain't that right, brother?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Javol mein sister!" [/colour]Uncle Apple Strudel neighed as he brought forward the bushel of Fugis and bushel of Granny Smith's Applejack had asked for. [colour=#006400]"Now Granny, are you ready to show us dose photos you just took of dee Princess?"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Photos? What photos?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Dee vones you are holding in your hooves, Granny Smith?"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"What? Oh yeah! Why didn't ya mention'm to me before, Strudel?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"I am forgetful, mein sister," [/colour]the bearded stallion said. He dearly loved his sister and didn't want to embarrass her, so he just smiled at her faulty memory as the elderly mare opened to envelope with the photos inside. When she did, one of the larger ones fell face up on the ground in front of Apple Strudel. He looked down at it and was shocked to see it was of Princess Luna kissing his granddaughter on the lips.

[colour=#006400]"ACK! UNEEMAL!" [/colour]he shouted in stunned surprise. [colour=#006400]"I did not take DAT photo! How did dis happen?"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Ah ponyfeathers! Ya probably furgot ya took it! Ain't everypony gotta memory as sharp as I got!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Vhatever you say, Frau Granny." [/colour]Apple Strudel said, rolling his eyes.

[colour=#d2b48c]It briefly occurred to Inkwell to look confused. When he mentioned photographs, he was only speaking hypothetically. He wasn't aware that some ponies had actually brought cameras, but really, he wasn't that surprised by the fact, either. Word spread through the grapevine fast in small towns. Inkwell did his part not to spread any unfortunate rumors about Applejack by turning in those sketches, but there was nothing he could do about actual photos. That was out of his hooves.

Applejack rewarded him with just about the most passionate kiss she could give with her mouth closed. It took Inkwell by surprise, making his pupils shrink to pinpricks and nearly knocking off his glasses again. The kiss ended almost as soon as it began, and it left Inkwell with a warm, red face and a twisted tongue. "Uh, heheheh, wow, um, th-thanks, Applejack. You're pretty... pretty awesome!"

She pushed those apple bushels his way, and he stood aside and fiddled with them, trying to figure out how best to affix them to his sides and take them home. As he struggled with his surprisingly heavy new burden, thoughts about Applejack swam through his head.

Does she really like me? he asked himself. Maybe we have a future together?

Only as a friend, Inkwell, only as a friend. It won't last long, trust me.

But I... that felt really good...

It's not like I need her specifically to get that feeling. Wait for someone more compatible to come along and I can kiss to my heart's content, trust myself.

His legs wobbled from having to support the weight of two bushels of apples. It might take him a while to get back home with this much weight to carry, but it was probably for the best that he get going. At least he wasn't blocking the line anymore. He gave one more goofy smile to Applejack and turned homeward.[/colour]

• Like 1

Pumpkin Cake felt herself stuffed into the saddle at her father's side. Her carroty-orange ducktail mane drooped as she was chided yet again. She stuffed her hoof in her mouth and glanced to Applejack with her little blue eyes, drool running down her arm. She was sure she wouldn't hear the last of his incident in time to come. She waved a farewell to the rest of the line as her father carried her away, apples in tow.

Meanwhile...

Pinkie Pie's jaw shot to the ground as she watched events unfold. She had been long time friends with Applejack, and had seen her fair share of kisses from the country mare -- usually to family and close friends -- but none quite as robust as the one she just witnessed. She glanced to Inkwell, who looked as flustered as she could imagine. [colour=#ED458B]"Pffttarrrhaahh!" [/colour]She said happily, her jaw still extended. She had hoped dearly that he didn't think any less of her -- she would have to throw him a surprise party later or something. Maybe late at night. Very very late. With pinatas and horns.

The crazy pink mare extended her hoof and pushed it up and down like a pump, which seemed to lift her mouth off the ground like a hydraulic jack. She spat out a small pebble, testing her jaw muscles as she looked to AJ with her large, blue eyes. [colour=#ED458B]"Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! He is kind of cute!" [/colour]She said excitedly, putting her hoof on the country mare's shoulder. [colour=#ED458B]"But you've been kissing an awful lot of ponies today, Applejack! Can't you settle on just one special somepony?" [/colour]She grinned, her fluffy pink mane swaying slightly in the apple-scented breeze. [colour=#ED458B]"Oh, wait a second here! Is this like some kind of dating contest? But then...why are there apples? And the line is just so big! Oh gosh, you'll be dating everypony in Ponyville at this rate! If you wanted me to throw a single's party why didn't you..." [/colour]Pinkie paused. Oh yes! It all made sense now. [colour=#ED458B]"Applejack, you have given me purpose in life. Purpose on top of purpose! The next thing I do will be to throw a party for all of Ponyville -- no -- for Equestria's singles so everypony can find their special somepony! I will put smiles on top of smiles, and if other ponies ask 'Wow Pinkie Pie, this was such a good idea!' I can be like 'Yes it was, Applejack inspired me by giving big smoochies to lots of ponies!'." [/colour]Mental gear shift. [colour=#ED458B]"I know this is Sweet Apple Acres but erm, why are there bunches of apples in front?!" [/colour]

Pinkie Pie sat down on her haunches, looking confused. [colour=#ED458B]"WHAT IS GOING ON?!"[/colour][colour=#ED458B] [/colour]

[colour=#000080]Luna covered her mouth with a hoof, giggling at Applejack's comment on the little filly's residence, and just imagining what the bedroom of such a rambunctious pony must look like. “Well then, come along, Apple Bloom.” Luna nearly started off without the filly, barely able to contain herself, but doing her best to retain a regular demeanor. “I wish you good apple sales, Applejack, and thank you—for—for the apples.” she smiled sheepishly, knowing there was something else she could thank the orange mare for, but deciding not to mention their slightly intimate moment.

But before she had a chance to follow Apple Bloom, she was hailed by Apple Strudel and Granny Smith. Hadn't she just been present for all the photos taken, and thus was already aware of what they had? But, to be on the safe side, perhaps she should have a look... But as she turned to make her way over to the elderly pair, she spotted somepony familiar among the crowd. Luna smiled and waved to Ice Storm, but she was quite a bit aways in the line, and Luna had limited time.

“So, you had some photos for me to look over?” she spoke to the two Apple family members. She missed the sketches that Applejack had so graciously confiscated, and had Luna known she probably would have thanked the Apple mare, meanwhile blushing when she realized just how into the kiss she herself had been. Honestly, it meant nothing, she was just following custom, but if she was going to follow protocol, she was going to do so wholeheartedly. However, most other ponies would probably not be so understanding.[/colour]

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]"Oh hi ya Princess Luna, have a looksee at THIS photo! It's a dandy!" [/colour][/colour][/colour]the elderly mare neighed seconds before Apple Strudel began shaking his head.

[colour=#006400]"Nein, mein sister," [/colour]the gray bearded stallion said, [colour=#006400]"Dee Princess von't vant to see DAT vone. Dere are many other fine photographs to examine."[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Nonsense brother! This'n looks really great! I betcha this here pics SO great, the Ponyville Express would print it up lickity split if'n I submitted it to'm!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Nein Granny! I don't tink dee Princess vould like dat! Vee better get rid of dat photo, snell!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Now quit yur jibber jabbin'! We'll let Princess Luna and Applejack decide if'n it's good enough to publish! Here ya are, yur highness!" [/colour]Granny Smith said as she gave the photo to the Princess of the Night to look at. [colour=#00FF00]"C'mon over here, AppleJack! Ya gotta see this![/colour]

HeartImg.png

[colour=#ffffff]Canterlot has little in the way of delicious edibles for Heart.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]What it did have was an excellent ability to spread things about, and one of the more well-travelled opinions is that the product of Sweet Apple Acres is the stuff of legend.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]So even if he did nothing else during his little excursion to Ponyville, he would be buying some apples to take back - and what luck! From the looks of the queue and the signs that he couldn't quite make out, it looked like they were on sale today.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]With a wry grin and nothing much else to do, he joined the back of the queue, thankful that it was a beautiful day. Celestia had outdone herself, and waiting in this queue was not a daunting prospect because of it.[/colour]

• Like 1

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]As Pinkie ranted, Applejack tried to think of a simple way Pinkie could understand the situation. Certainly it was valid that she would be confused. But Applejack was more worried that Pinkie would fail to understand the principle of business and sales, rather than just simply nodding at the fact that one hundred lucky ponies get to experience an exchange of affection with a country mare. How could she put this? Applejack waited until she was done ranting before answering. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Pinkie, we're trying to sell apples. So we made a sale whereas every pony who buys at least one bushel of apples will get a kiss from me. We've had ponies come from all over."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Suddenly, Applejack overheard the her Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel mention a photo. Applejack zinged over to Apple Strudel and swiped the Polaroid away from him using her mouth. She nervously ran back to the counter to stuff it in her portfolio where Inkwell had made her some drawings. But before she could slip it in, a soft breeze pulled the photo out of her teeth and it blew away like a leaf, towards Pinkie Pie. The photo rested face-up on the ground where she could see it.[/colour]

gallery_4427_572_257555.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack grabbed the photo again, and this time, successfully stuffed it in her folio with slight annoyance. The things she had to do get sell her surplus apples. Applejack set the folio down and started tapping her hoof on the counter. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"So Pinkeh. You wanna buy some apples?"[/colour]​

69 Kisses left!

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell[.spoiler]

Pinkie Pie took a deep breath, calming herself. It was at that moment that a breeze kicked up, scented with delightfully ripe apples. She noticed a small slip of paper? No, it was a photo. It came to rest in front of her, and she looked down at the photo and blinked. [colour=#ED458B]"Applejack, oh my! I...I don't know what to say, but this rock looks kind of like a balloon!" [/colour]She picked up the pebble from right beside the strange photo and held it in front of Applejack, grinning. [colour=#ED458B]"See? It's a party rock! How cool is THAT?!"[/colour] Had she seen nothing? Of course not. Pinkie was in her own universe. She fiddled with the rock with her tongue sticking out, before she looked up, peering at Applejack as if seeing her for the first time. She blinked her large, blue eyes, giving her friend a wave.

[colour=#ED458B]"You're selling apples?! Why didn't you say so, silly!? I'd love a bushel. Does a bushel come with an apple bush?! Can apples grow on bushes? I mean like, I guess apple trees are kind of like bushes on stilts, huh?!" [/colour]Pinkie nodded enthusiastically, stowing her party rock away and withdrawing a hoof-full of bits. [colour=#ED458B]"I love apples from Sweet Apple Acres, but not as much as your cider. When are you going to sell more of that, huh huh huh?! I have to wake up really early to get in line for that every year, and I was thinking of showing up extra, extra, extra early! Heck, I could even sleep over! You've got a big barn right?! We'll tell ghost stories, play games, maybe prank Big Mac while he's sleeping...can you imagine the sheer amount of FUN that would be?!"[/colour] Pinkie threw her hooves in the air, collapsing on her back. Grass bits and dust kicked up from her swooning antics. She jumped up again, her fluffy mane bouncing. [colour=#ED458B]"Do I get a big Applejack kiss now!? Can I have a hug, too?!" [/colour]She stretched her hooves out, grabbing Applejack around her middle and squeezing her oh-so-tightly. They were both earth ponies, and AJ was tough as nails, so this was definitely a hug the country mare could handle. Squeezy squeezy!

• Like 1

[colour=#000080]Before the princess had a chance to get to the two elderly Apple ponies, Applejack brushed past her—perhaps a little rudely—and snatched the exact one they had been examining with interest. She turned her head to follow Applejack's path back to the apple selling stand, where she stowed away whatever curious photo the eccentric pair had taken.

She browsed through what they had, though—a couple of the sky, one of some hooves—but, there were certainly a good few of her chatting with ponies and haggling with Applejack. Right, nothing that wouldn't make a good headliner photo, which the papers would no doubt come looking for once word got out that she'd made a visit. And, judging from the antics that had already unfolded, no doubt Granny Smith would readily show them off to literally anypony that asked.

“Thank you for talking such wonderful photographs. They are really lovely.” she grinned at them, before turning to Apple Bloom who was not far behind her. “Shall we?” she extended a hoof, indicating that the little yellow foal should lead the way.[/colour]

[Exit Luna]

[colour=#00FF00]"So long, Princess Luna!" [/colour]Granny Smith neighed as she and Apple Strudel bowed down before her. As the Princess of the Night left on her AppleBloom-guided tour of the farm, the elderly mare rushed over to her oldest granddaughter.

[colour=#00FF00]"AppleJack! What in tarnation has got inta ya? Why did ya go and snatch that one photo from me, I was gonna show it to the Princess!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Please calm yourself, mein sister," [/colour]Apple Strudel pleaded as he tried to pull Granny back. [colour=#006400]"AppleJack had good reason to do vhat she did. Trust her. Vee must return to our jobs und.."[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"In a minute, Strudel, I wanna hear what AppleJack has to say about all this! I didn't git a good look at that thar photo so I wanna see it agin!"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack was squeezed. And as Pinkie the python held her grip, Applejack tried to respond. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Y-yes, Pinkie, hng, you get a kiss, hng."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack pried herself out of Pinkie's hug, but when she turned around, she could see her Granny, who seemed a bit unhappy.

Granny asked her about the picture, and questioned Applejack's rude entrance to snatch the picture before the elder could see it. Applejack sighed. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Fine, I'll show you the picture!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack went to the folio and sneaked out the picture that was taken. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "As you can see, Luna got a front row of exactly what happened. And I'd rather keep this photo under the table for the time being. I'd rather not have all of Equestria thinkin' about where Luna is during the day. OK?" [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack didn't like to talk to her elders down, but this was just the way she felt. With an annoyed expression, she put her focus back at the sales. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Now if ya'll will excuse me, I gotta go kiss Pinkie Pie!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack turned around again, seeing the pink mare in a state of happy. Her smile which held from ear to ear produced an interesting platform in which to connect mouths for a paid display of affection. Applejack shoveled the bits into her chest, Pushed forward a bushel of apples, and leaned forward towards Pinkie Pie. She angled herself left and right, but couldn't seem to find the right angle to kiss the lips from the mare who refused not to smile. Finally, after several seconds of figuring out how this was to be done, Applejack took her front hooves aside Pinkie's face and squished her cheeks in so her lips would pucker. From there, Applejack leaned in, and smacked Pinkie's lips with her eyes closed. It wasn't so much that Applejack didn't like Pinkie, as much as it was a little strange seeing Pinkie's face that up close. After a couple seconds, Applejack pulled away, and wiped off a single piece of confetti that somehow ended up on her lips.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"And that's how it's done, Pinkie. Thanks for buyin' apples, and thanks for being such a good friend." [/colour][colour=#000000]Applejack smiled, and tilted her head modestly in order to make sure business and friendship could co-exist. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I got 68 kisses left to go, so if you don't mind, I gotta get to the next pony in line."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]And with a slight sliding of Pinkie Pie, reveal a tiny blue pegasus filly. Applejack giggled slightly and the stepped around the booth. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well, howdy, youngin'! We sure have gotten a lot of little customers today. Did your mum send you to get some apples, hm?"[/colour]

68 Kisses left!

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

On hold:

Parhelion (inactive - PM me when ready)

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

A wave of excitement spread across the little filly's face as the pony in front of her was slid aside. Having waited in line for so long, it was almost beginning to seem more like a daydream to Star Storm than reality. [colour=#0000cd]"It's my turn Eminem!!"[/colour] She glanced back at the friend she had just behind her before stepping her happy little hoof up to order. Her parental unit would probably be a bit disappointed to know that Star really had only come because of the promised kiss from AJ, but she wasn't about to admit that. [colour=#0000cd]"Yeah! Only, I've never been to Sweet Apple Acres before, so I don't really know what kind of apples to get.." [/colour]She paused for just a moment, deciding.[colour=#0000cd] "Well, can I just get whatever your favorite kind is..? You would probably know better than anypony what's best anyway!" [/colour]Star Storm smiled warmly up at Applejack like the little scamp that she was.[colour=#0000cd] "And umm, Miss Applejack? I have a question.."[/colour] Star softly bit her lip. [colour=#0000cd]"If I buy more than one bushel, does that mean that I get more than one kiss..? 'Cause if that's the case, I MIGHT just need to get two!"[/colour]

ajbanner.png

[colour=#ff0000]"My favorite apple?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack grew a face of stone. Completely perplexed to the question that was asked. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]What is my favorite apple?[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack loved apples very much, but how could she possibly pick one? [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Well, uh, let me see. It's not so much that there is a 'best' apple, sweetie. Each apple is like, uh,"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack though about it for a moment. And looking around, she could see the slapstick interactions between her Granny and Great Uncle Strudel. She could see Pinkie Pie's randomness in her own environment. She could see a line of ponies, all with different coloured coats and personality types. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"It's like this. Every kind of apple has it's own traits and personality. They are all different, but they are all good for something."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack patted the smart filly on the shoulder. She sure seemed like the type of young pony who could go into fancy scientific studies or something. Like a future Twilight Sparkle. Everything had its place, and purpose. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I tell you what, Sugarcube, I'll get you a bushel of the sweetest apples we have here, which are Fuji kind. They are small, but juicy. Just like..." [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack refrained from finishing. The little filly had interrupted her anyways. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Two kisses? No, I'm sorry, little filly. Only one kiss per customer." [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack was a little flushed with embarrassment that a little filly was wanting more than one kiss. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Was a motherly kiss of that much importance to a little pony of her age? Maybe she didn't have a mother to get kisses from?[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"That'll be five bits for one bushel, sugar."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack leaned back, and shoved forward a bushel of Fuji apples next to Star Storm's side.[/colour]

68 Kisses left!

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

GrannySmith1WithText.png

When AppleJack showed Granny Smith the photo, the elderly mare looked very stunned. It was a photo that her granddaughter had good reason to keep from public view. She felt so bad about insisting on seeing it that she wasn't upset at the manner AJ had spoke to her. Granny knew she deserved it. Quietly, she walked over to Apple Strudel to whisper to him.

[colour=#00ff00]"I shoudda listened to ya, Strudel. You was right about that thar photo. I sure made AppleJack downright angry with me. What do I do ta make it up to her?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"You must apologize, mein sister," [/colour]Apple Strudel said in hushed tone. [colour=#006400]"Tell her how sorry you are, as you have told me. She vill understamd."[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"But she's too busy at that thar apple stand ta hear what I gotta say. I sure never meant ta hurt her fellin's."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Patience, mein sister. Dere vill be opportunity later. Now vee must vork und she must vork also," [/colour]the bearded stallion whispered as the two resumed their duties.

[colour=#0000cd]"That makes since.. Kind of like ponies almost!"[/colour] Star made a quick comparison in her head, thinking about how if everypony taught school, that we wouldn't have any chocolate milk, but if everypony made chocolate milk, we wouldn't have anypony to teach school! Everypony was different and important in their own way, like apples are, she guessed. [colour=#0000cd]Or, maybe she just means different ponies like different apples..[/colour]

She smiled when Applejack patted her shoulder. It felt nice. It was the kind of pat that made her feel like she did something right. [colour=#0000cd]"Oh, well that's okay!"[/colour] Star Storm was grateful to get even one kiss from the mare, having been worried that her age might have made her ineligible for such a deal. [colour=#0000cd]"I'll take one bushel of the Fuji kind, please! They sound really radical. Perfect, even!"[/colour] She dug through her saddlebag and quickly counted out [colour=#0000cd]One.. two.. three...... four aaaand.. five bits! [/colour]After collecting the correct amount, she transferred the five bits from her hoof to that of the sales pony's. The little pony closed her eyes and tilted her head up. [colour=#0000cd]"I'm ready!"[/colour] Star was ready for some smoochin!

Razor continued to stand still, his beaking hanging open in shock. The nictitating membranes of his eyes blank thrice, just to be sure that it was not a trick of the light or some dirt in his eyeballs.

The whole scene of Pinkie Pie, getting kissed by the unknown mare with the stenson hat on had been.....shocking. Surprising even, and it brought a blush up to his face, though his feathers hid that well enough. Still Razor didn't know what to say; heck what even to think.

'Are they hitched? Marefriends? Mates? Is that what ponies just do?' Razor thought, not sure what the meaning was behind the kiss.

Finally he realized that his staring, mouth open, was making him look like a fool and he quickly snapped his beak shut. He looked around to be sure that nopony had seen him like that. Confident that it was okay he sighed in relief, then looked back to the ever closing end of the line and his inevitable purchase.

Still....Razor was confused, "Hey uh....are those two ponies like...together or something? I mean that kiss was.....well...." Razor blushed, the image playing in his head again, "what was the deal?"

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack smiled down on the filly. She was so cute. She set the bits on the counter, and then puckered up. Well that was a certainly strange turn of emotion. Applejack chuckled and then met the filly at the lips, playing along the filly's game. She definitely was an affectionate one, and eager at that! She pulled away. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Now, don't be gettin' use to that one, now youngin'. You gotta save those kisses on the lips with that special somepony you'll meet eventually."[/colour][colour=#000000] She winked, and then shoves the bushel the filly's way. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Now go one home you little sprout!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack snapped playfully.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Next!?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack looked ahead, and saw a stallion who was wearing martial arts attire. Applejack smirked. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Well, Howdy! You must be some karate fighter or sumthin'. You know, I have a little experience in special kicks myself."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack walked up to the nearest apple tree and kicked it with one of her hind legs in a simple standing position in order to show her ability to knock off the apples from such a simple movement. Casually, Applejack walked back behind the counter and smiled with cheer. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"What can I do for you, partner?"[/colour]

67 Kisses left!

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

33. Star Storm :smug:

• Like 1