[LPW] Last Post Wins: The Roleplay

Note: For members of LPW only.

RP IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.

Fillies and Gentlecolts of the Mad Wood.

My demons and demigods.

My princes and princess.

My maniacal minds and masterful marauders.

Today we charge boldly forward into a grand, new world.

Today, with manes aflame and hooves of thunder, we carve our greatest chapter yet into our histories.

Today begins the Last Post Wins roleplay.

Righty right right-o.

So as many of you probably know, we're gonna go ahead and take a stab at throwing together a grand, ol' Last Post Wins roleplay. It will revolve around and be driven by the histories and characters that have been developed over the last 2,000+ pages of Last Post Wins. So in other words, the roleplay will follow all the history and mythology of LPW and it will pick up right from the current era. For those who are completely unfamiliar with LPW history, I'll be providing a brief summary of relevant information below.

Everyone who wants to take part will, more or less, play themselves; their ponysona within the world of LPW or just their ponysona in general, as may be the case. We're gonna have everyone throw together a traditional character application for their character to make everything more interesting. Feel free to add whatever background and details you see fit, so long as they fit with the histories of LPW.

Factions and The Beginning

Being that we're going to have an estimated 10-15 participants, it would be entirely impractical to only have a single thread running. So, at the kick-off of the roleplay, everyone is going to have the option of either starting a faction, joining someone else's faction or operating as a Freelancer.

Whoever wishes to start a faction will create a new topic in the Crossover section with the name of their desired faction as the title. Then, if at least one other person pledges their aid to the faction, it becomes a recognized organization in the world of the roleplay. The original faction page will serve as the HQ for all of its members. In order to wipe out another faction, if it ever comes to that, their faction topic would have to be invaded and their forces crushed.

If no one joins a proposed faction, the creator can either join someone else's faction or operate solo as a Freelancer. As a Freelancer, you'll be free to offer your services to whomever you please, take part in whatever adventures you want and generally do as you wish, dealing with whatever consequences your actions might evoke. Being a Freelancer is pretty much you vs. the world though.

Membership in a faction or as a Freelancer isn't set in stone for the whole of the roleplay. At any point in the course of the roleplay, you may quit your faction, join a faction, attempt to start a new faction or become a Freelancer. You may only be in one faction at a time though. Alliances, rivalries, and war can and likely will develop between factions.

As everyone finds their place in the roleplay, things will kick off in earnest. New topics will be made for adventures, conflicts, battles, etc.

I wanna kick everything off 1-2 weeks from now, so at this moment the start date for the actual RP itself is going to be June 1st.

LPW: A Brief History

The Great Beginning

Once upon a time, in an era lost to the ages, there was a mare of youth and confidence whose eyes flamed with passion and whose rustling mane sang notes both wild and free. Alone she roamed, the towering city of alabaster spires, her mind restless, her heart yearning for something more.

By chance or perhaps divine providence, her eyes did turn to the heavens, called onwards to touch the sky, the point of infinity: the peak of Canterlot Mount.

It was there that the passion, the fury, the joy and the sadness of Octavia the Creator exploded outwards into the world, so far removed and yet so close at heart to the Royal City, Canterlot. As the sun crested that great peak, radiating its golden warmth, paradise arose, a verdant garden, ordered and perfect, free and wild and beautiful.

But empty.

This saddened Octavia and in her grief, a single tear rolled down her cheek and splashed upon the warming ground.

Octavia, questioning if this grand, lifeless wasteland was truly the greatest she could possibly accomplish, called out into the emptiness that was her creation, "Doth I wineth already?"

From the spot on the golden ground where her tear had struck, suddenly sprung forth a gargantuan green stalk, rocketing towards the sun. At it's end unfurled the head of a sunflower and upon the bed of that golden yellow flower, a creature did unfurl it's wings, the sun glinting vibrant silver off it's pelt.

"NOPE," came the booming echo of Applestia's response.

Life had sprung in Octavia's Kingdom.

The War for Octavia's Kingdom

With Octavia's kingdom upon the mount gleaming like a beacon in the night, creatures of every type, from a dozen different lands descended upon her newly birthed world: unicorns, pegasi, and earthen, princes and princesses, demons and spirits and everything in between.

They all fought, tooth and nail, fang and claw to claim for themselves the whole of Octavia's kingdom. One would stand upon the shattered efforts of all the rest. Every creature fought with blood thirsty zeal to attain this position. There were no sides. There were no alliances. There were no lovers or madmen.

Just endless conflict.

Psychological warfare.

Pumas.... which ended up being fake pumas.

Musical warfare.

The Assault by the Wizard/Demi-God Charlie Sheen.

But amidst their chaotic attempts to take those lands, the Princess of the Sun, Applestia, rose up to guard her creator's creation, establishing her iron rule over all. The lands moved at her command as did their inhabitants. From the beat of her mighty wings came the wind, gentle and warm as a spring evening or fierce and terrible as the dead of winter. Upon a throne of brilliance she sat, beautiful and terrible as the dawn. Her every move, more treacherous than the sea and her four hooves, stronger than the foundations of Equestria. All loved her and despaired.

Unbeknownst to Octavia's fiery vanguard however, a vision, vast and terrifying, had been planted in the mind of her creator.

The Rise of Mania and Dementia

In a moment of frightening vision and startling clarity, Octavia's eyes, enshrined with transcendental glow, glimpsed a world a thousands ages away: her kingdom, the jewel she had crafted from her heart and mind, still ticking onwards, inxorable. Nations risen and nations fallen, a dozen battles and a hundred scars. And the cause of it all, her paradise, her bastion of freedom.

With such a dark vision planted so deeply in her heart, her mind came apart at the seams, unraveling second by second, until finally, with a cataclysmic crash which echoed across the lands, her mind did shatter in utter madness.

Octavia would vanish into the inner workings of the universe, never to be seen again.

But her legacy would be passed on and her kingdom given new life. And new rule.

At the moment of her mind's shattering, two creatures arose from the aftermath. From the right side of her shattered mind came the giggling Fawkes, Spirit of Mania, Madness and Top Hats. From the left side of her torn brain came the ever smiling Penumbra, Spirit of Dementia, the Murderous Clown and Harbinger of the Ones who Wait in the Dark.

Fawkes would be taken under the wing of Applestia for a brief time, learning from her the secrets of power and coming to affectionately call her Mother. Penumbra would froth and grow in the dark corners that began to form in that paradise, now lacking a God.

Applestia remained at the station she was born into, following the wishes of a creator who abandoned her without a word. Her iron grasp remained over that decaying paradise, struggling day after day to keep her Order in place. As well, day after day, the ambitions of her "son" threatened to undermine her ruthless rule more and more.

After a time, Fawkes rose up at last against Applestia's rule, against his Mother. With top hatted head and lips curled into a maniacal smile, Fawkes forced his Mother from her throne and decimated her once glorious palace, ending the reign of the Sun. With the hearts and minds of her subjects entranced by the blasphemous draconequus, Applestia would eventually leave the kingdom of her birth upon a journey to seek out the creator who abandoned her so heartlessly. As the ages passed however, the name of that great empress would not be forgotten, but rather made into a legend, the likes of which none could compare. And when she was needed most, she would return to the lands she once called home.

With the creator gone and the old ruler forced from power, Penumbra slithered in full from the darkness amidst frenzied screams and shrieks of terror. Together with his eternal bond brother, his infernal lip-mate, Fawkes, the Forest of Madness was sprung from the earth upon the ruins of Applestia's conquered empire and the rule of The Madmen was established which stands to this very day.

Roleplay Mechanics

Alrighty. A bit of the more technical side of the RP.

Firstly, player caps. Each thread, with the exception of the faction threads, can have no more than six active characters at a time. If a thread has reached the six player limit and one character leaves, then another character may enter. There is one exception to this rule: there will be a maximum of one reserved spot for a member of each established faction in all non-faction threads. For example; if a thread is created and it reaches its six character limit, but there are no characters from Faction A and Faction B involved in the thread, if the leaders of Faction A and Faction B so wish, they may each send one character/member to participate in the thread at any time, potentially bumping the maximum participating characters in that thread up to eight.

In each thread, as characters join and leave, a posting order will be established and followed just like as in any regular roleplay. Posting order will be a bit more lax in the Faction threads, unless significant events happen within the thread, at which point a proper posting order will be established. In general, be respectful of your fellow RPers and always try your best to give others a chance to post.

Each thread that is created should have [LPW] proceeding the title name, in the same manner as this thread. Also, all threads should be given a LPW tag. For Faction threads, also place [HQ] following the title name. For example: [LPW] The Madhouse [HQ]

Godmodding is something we're going to be trying our best to keep in check.

God-modding is defined as:

the act of making ones character god-like. Taking control of other people's characters and forcing them to do things against their owner's consent, forcing hits on other people without giving them a chance to defend themselves, and making one’s own character invincible and unable to be harmed/killed .

Imagination and I are going to be trying our best to make sure everything stays as balanced as possible but be proactive in avoiding making your characters over powered and God-modding. In the end it simply takes away the fun and enjoyment from other players when people start God-modding and making their characters over powered. You don't need super God-like powers or abilities in order to enjoy the roleplay or to come out on top.

As well, as it currently stands, it will not be possible to kill or permanently disable other player characters. Injury and impairment may be possible, but not death. Non-Player Characters, such as armies, henchmen, pets, etc. may be killed however.

Confirmed Participants:

Fawkes

Penumbra

Angie Cakes

MicroChip

VilleFort

Davroth

Imagination

Rockzy

AsthmaticPegasus

SilverSwirl

Sulvuss

Appliance

Bronies for Life

Tyler008bon

Frosty

Solaria

Once upon a time, there was a forest atop a mountain...

• Like 5

Of course you can!

But hey, REALLY, fix your Skypez! >:I

You're one of the few peoplez I haven't had a chance to talk to one on one about all dis stuffz.

I have you added and stuff but it looks like you just NEVER come online :I

We are Canterlot's unloved masses and we grow where we please, scorpion! >:3

We'll be growing maaaaaany more threads after this one.

So we can continue to.. *cough* ...bog down the board with our hordes of vile posts ;3

*GROW GROW GROWS*

i shall join if it alright

Ah, I'm REALLY sorry Sev, but the roleplay is only open to members of the Last Post Wins sub-community.

You're certainly welcome to come and hang out with us though, if you'd like!

And then maybe you can jump into the roleplay somewhere down the line~

Why did you grow this thread.

I can't leave you alone for five pages.

What the Celestia, what the NightMare.

oye mami

I love you

For the Horde

Glory of the Sun

My app is done and awaiting approval, being an amnesiac magical prodigy from a highly advanced civilization is going to be excellent!

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, are you going to be RPing yourselves posting in the LPW thread? That's like...LPWception.

But of course!

Every post will be required to start with some similar variation of the following:

As the merry sound of chirping birds sings from outside the window and dappled sunlight paints the wall, Fawkes' fingers fly across his keyboard, creating a symphony of key strokes as he navigates his way to his 2nd most favoritest place in the whole wide world: Canterlot! In a sudden burst of light the board materializes before his very eyes. "REAGANOMICS!" he exclaims his catchphrase excitedly. With righteous fury, he scrolls like no one has ever scrolled before! Down, down, down to the grand window of General Discussion and finally, there smiles back at him his most favoritest words in the world, representing his most favoritest PLACE in the world: last post wins. He clicks a click that could shatter mountains with its intensity and a whole new world explodes before his eyes! Oddly similar to the last world and yet completely different!

"It is time... to pony," Fawkes whispers with a malevolent grin as he punches the air in ecstatic excitement. He types!

HAY GUYS!

HAY!

HAY!

LOOKIT ME!

IT'S FAWKES!

HAAAAAI!

LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!

*spins in circles making helicopter noises*

I'm so rad!~ <3

Fawkes nods, satisfied with his ingenious post. His sparkling fame would be secure for yet another day~

Lawl, no. Ntrly. But that sure would be silly~ :3

What about youuuuuuu, Rosie?

I suppose you've certainly been popping in long enough to be considered a full on member of LPW.

Even IF you never really take part in our wild shenanigans...

AND EVEN THOUGH YOU MAKE IT A POINT TO IGNORE EVERYTHING FAWKES SAYS OR DOES >:I

Would you like to take part?~

• Like 1

Lol, I'd love to join this but I'm still quite confused at how it works. Let me just stand back and observe how its done first then maybe I can hop in and join.

The question is. Do I submit my app as the avatar of love or the avatar of chaos disguised as love or do I be honest and say I'm the spirit of madness since my character personality changed from evil to good to love obsessed to chaotic, to none coherent and ambiguous back to love obsessed.

and what do I count as. I'm not a pony really. I have bigger muscle mass, lightning hair, crooked ears and my eyes. What is a pony *holds up a goblet as he ask himself that, sitting with one leg over the other as he ponders*

Also I haven't RP'ed in twenty billion trillion years.

• Like 1

I should probably state that my character can't remember his time spent in his birthplace and home because his memories were sanitized after he was kicked out because he was too powerful.