my house HAUNTED?

hyperbrony88

I like trains.

No, but seriously, I believe in ghosts, but I also know that a lot of things could just be loose pipes, or things in the vents (like loose change or something...) banging around....

I dunno, but whatever, I'm a believer of ghosts, aliens, those Crypto things...but that doesn't mean I see them everyday, actually, I never have 'personal' experiences!

Okay, that was a lie, but not very often. :)

ok, me being a ghostie nerd, i know a lot about this

1. the boots most likely came from a pipe

2. in the dark, your mind sometimes tries to make its own light out of an image you are comfy with

me being comfy with fluttershy, sometimes her outline acts as an artificial light my eyes make

3. most likely a strand of hair or a sun ray

4. if you feel alone you sometimes THINK you hear your voice every time someone talks, it being they said "hi" or "go away"

so maybe your dog barked softly and you thought you heard that

and about the loud noise, that was most likely something like 3 spoons that maybe didnt fall on the floor but fell down a little in the cabinets

as much as i didn't want to, your case has been debunked

I really wouldn't worry about it. There have been many times where I have been scared out of my wits because I didn't know what was going on. Even if I couldn't find an answer for whatever it was, I would always wake up the next day perfectly fine. Whatever it could be, (ghosts, leaky pipes, a slight draft, your mind playing tricks on you, whatever) it can not and will not hurt you(unless it is a thief that is trying to break in)

I hear noises all the time at night. Then again, I own a lot of pets so I would actually be more worried if I didn't hear anything.

Just don't worry about. Stay away from anything that might creep you out and you will be fine in no time. Now, if you wake up and find a bunch of chairs stacked up on your kitchen table, then you are having some serious problems ;-)

i cant say ghost are real or not. i have had my experiences. especially that crazy weird piano my ma had once. -shudders- it made music by itself no keys movin at all. my ma and i both agree it was haunted and we sold it.

anywho, i'd say its haunted. i'd look up the history of the house.

now, as far as ghosts go. you say those things happened. ya cant ignore that if it happened. if it happened it happened, no denying it. thats the way i see it.

i am a very uh, realistic thinker but very superstitious. so, yeah again, probably haunted.

@ Croissant: I'm with you, I believe in the paranormal, to the point most people call me a nut (Ghosts, Magick, Psyonics, aliens, etc) I've also have paranormal experiences - Ghosts, OBEs, spellcasting, etc (thankfully not been abducted by aliens yet ;))

@OP:

Really Everything that can be said has, I wont insult anyone by listing religious or magick ways to exorcize the spirit (especially since a lot of that relies on faith - an Xtian exorcism would be worthless for me, and likely a pagan one would be worthless to you) I do agree with ShyShy, look into the history of the house, there might be a clue there.

It is always at this point in discussions such as this that I point out that anyone who does believe in ghosts that Mr James Randi has $1 million challenge to anyone who can prove under scientific conditions the presence or quantifiable or qualitative proof of the existence of any supernatural presence or phenomenon.

The trouble with that is how do you prove ghosts are real? Other then being able to see the ghost any evidence can be said to have been faked, especially since most evidence is at most guesswork. Its hard to know if something happens around ghosts when its hard to find ghosts at all.

The trouble with that is how do you prove ghosts are real? Other then being able to see the ghost any evidence can be said to have been faked, especially since most evidence is at most guesswork. Its hard to know if something happens around ghosts when its hard to find ghosts at all.

No idea, ask the people that have tried. There have been quite a few. But every time ghosts are brought up, other reasons are found under scientific conditions, which makes me think everything is suspect. But that is just me.

but then there is rarely anything that can happen that could only have one possible cause. I can put a hole in a wall with a baseball as easily as I could with a sledge hammer and make the same sized hole, but without the context of personally experiencing the event you may never be able tell which I actually did. Just because something else is possible doesnt make it more likely.

No idea, ask the people that have tried. There have been quite a few. But every time ghosts are brought up, other reasons are found under scientific conditions, which makes me think everything is suspect. But that is just me.

Lack of Evidence is not evidence of Lack (dont remember the exact quote or where I heard it...)

Lack of Evidence is not evidence of Lack (dont remember the exact quote or where I heard it...)

The only issue I have with that is that it isn't just lack of evidence in those conditions, its evidence to the opposition. In trying to prove ghosts, they prove that other things are responsible for said phenomena. If it was just no evidence, I'd totally agree. If it was that case then it would be a null result. However, it is disproving the hypothesis by confirming the opposite.

I was actually refering to the "ghosts dont exist" hypothesis. You cant prove they exist, you cant prove the dont, as you said, ultimately a null result. Yes, any specific instance can be proved one say or another, but so far we have no way we can reliably determine if ghosts are real or not.

• 1 month later...

I believe in ghost, I think there's always explanations to most "paranormal" things that happen. Like how Ghost Hunters tries to debunk and stuff like that. I believe alot of stuff can be confused, debunked, explained, faked, etc...

However we are constantly surrounded by energy, energy cannot be destroyed. You can feel energy, lack energy, I think we're not sure exactly what these things are, but the fact that in every culture there has always been stories I am skeptical that it is all not true.

I dunno...I guess I'm on the fence because although I don't believe all ghost stories are true or that someone dies in the house means its haunted, I do believe that some paranormal things exist...

• 5 months later...

ok, me being a ghostie nerd, i know a lot about this

1. the boots most likely came from a pipe

2. in the dark, your mind sometimes tries to make its own light out of an image you are comfy with

me being comfy with fluttershy, sometimes her outline acts as an artificial light my eyes make

3. most likely a strand of hair or a sun ray

4. if you feel alone you sometimes THINK you hear your voice every time someone talks, it being they said "hi" or "go away"

so maybe your dog barked softly and you thought you heard that

and about the loud noise, that was most likely something like 3 spoons that maybe didnt fall on the floor but fell down a little in the cabinets

as much as i didn't want to, your case has been debunked

ok you have a point but nothing how would a noise happen if it isn't there the plus my dogs were asleep (very deep sleepers you can't hear them)

• 3 weeks later...

I'll say this straight up, I do not believe in ghosts or the like, and I believe that everything that happened can be explained either environmentally or psychologically.

For instance... #1... It could have been a loose pipe, or it could have been something else that was banging that gave the illusion of foot steps.

#2 Sightings can be many things, infrasound creating moving objects, and distorting your perception of reality. There are also psychological factors that often make you think something is there when it isn't. This becomes even worse if the notion to believe in ghosts is already there. Your mind will insert the image of a person.

#3 see #2... Just because no one is in the room and nothing *visibly* fell does not mean that something else could have caused a loud noise.

#4 see #2...

#5 see #2...

A lot of ghost myths have to do with things that are occurring naturally in the environment, whether it be electromagnetic fields, something generating infrasound, among other things. The rest is all psychological in how your brain chooses to interpret it. For instance... I, when I was younger, thought my room was haunted because I woke up and couldn't move. That scared the living hay out of me. 6 months later I learned of "sleep paralysis" and there went my ghost theory, because that made more sense. And yes, I did think I saw someone at the foot of my bed when it happened because I wanted to. In the end, I believe in the simplest explanations. Ghosts are anything but simple.

I reflect what starswirl has said, there was once a time where I DID believe in ghosts and the such, but then I grew up and saw just how foolish it was to believe in such follies. Now, for a question. Are or have you (or anyone else in your family or your circle of friends) been involved in practices such as fooling around with either Tarot Cards or an Ouija Board? If so, then what you may have is DEMONS... Otherwise, than it is mostly something along the lines as what Starswirl has said.. Psychological... Now, you may think that Tarot Cards and Ouija Boards are just fun. How-ever, they are completely the opposite. Here are some examples of what has happened to people I've known who have used Ouija Boards.

Example 1: An old friend of mine, who happens to have been a practicing Pagan since a very young age (and she is now in her late 40s or 50s). She had once used an Ouija Board with a bunch of her friends, but something really, and I mean REALLY spooked them, the destroyed the board and smashed the glass, then buried the glass under a tree in a nearby park, the next day, a 10 year old boy was climbing that very tree and fell off it, broke his neck and died...

Example 2: A girl I once knew used one with her friends at her old house, and lets just say that Demons have been "haunting" the house ever since.

Now, I admit, there were times I myself had felt the inclination to use an Ouija Board, how-ever, I went straight to a very close friend of mine (all though now we have been out of touch for ages), and asked his advice/opinion on it, and he always gave the same answer... NO! Do not even go near one! And I've always heeded that answer, and I have had no real problems.

So make of it what you will... But more often than not, it is mostly psychological or just something wrong with the house, and if you or someone you know have used such follies as the aforementioned, then sorry, you (or they) are fools! You may jsut have Demons in your house.

P.S it could also just be your ears and eyes playing tricks on you. When I was younger, I used to hear someone calling my name constantly, These days, it isn't as bad.

P.P.S Are you on any sort of drugs? If so, it could be that as-well... And it doesn't have to be illegal drugs, sometimes prescribed drugs can do that too.

• 2 weeks later...