Watch as I Bring Forth Your Secret Nightmare

Mistfire

Um... why would that matter? They'd just air it, not own it.

Hasbro has owned MLP for like 30+ years.

i guess im just skeptic then

have you seen the edits they've made to to other shows? They dont own sonic the hedgehog but they still ruined it (at least the show)

it is proven that every show that is on 4kids is ruined in some way

ah, I love 4kids, they're hilarious XD I spend hours on youtube just watching riceballs being called jelly doughnuts.

also, doesn't 4kids mostly do english dubs, and ruin those? I wouldn't know, I never had 4kids growing up.

to be honest, I'd love to see a horrible dub of FiM, because I love really bad dubs XD

I think this is why 4kids is so reviled:

lollipopandcigerettes.png

Sd_helmeppo.jpg

Those who follow One Piece can tell you this is hardly the worst thing the anime does, believe me! It was also dropped by 4kids and picked up by Funimation after they realized what a beast they were trying to tame for the American parent audience.

Thankfully I doubt this scenario with MLP getting picked up by 4kids will happen -- but if/when pony becomes syndicated, it's already designed for children in mind, and should remain untouched by unworthy hands.

Mist, Tell me y this matters so much

You told me that you didnt have tv. If u do, Who cares, Just ignore it and keep watching mlp on youtube of netflix

I think Mist was was alluding to how it would be bad if FiM was butchered by another distributor. Since 4kids is notorious for this, I believe that was the gist of this thread.

As for the weapon? I have no idea -- it's kind of famous about how badly it was butchered. Those that know Sanji (the one with the lollipop) also know that he's a perpetual smoker at all times, so I imagine he was a nightmare to redub with a lollipop.

I think Mist was was alluding to how it would be bad if FiM was butchered by another distributor. Since 4kids is notorious for this, I believe that was the gist of this thread.

As for the weapon? I have no idea -- it's kind of famous about how badly it was butchered. Those that know Sanji (the one with the lollipop) also know that he's a perpetual smoker at all times, so I imagine he was a nightmare to redub with a lollipop.

Ouch

Ouch

yes, ouch

lol so funny to see people ask

"4kids is still alive?"

yes, thanks to religiously obsessed parents promoting the company just because they leave out a cigarette and place a lollipop in his hand and call it "Quality"(not that i hate religion, it formed our world up to today, its just that people take it too far now with the "god will punish us on december 21'st and all that rapture stuff, and of course they want to have "little angels" for kids so they just sit them in front of the TV and slap 4kids on there since the police ALL have fingers for guns)

1. Why would an American show need to be edited for the American audiance?

2. People like to complain about editing out the guns and ciggeret but that was something they kind of had to do. I think legally ciggerates aren't allowed in kid shows at all and the rules for guns are pretty dicey.

Because us Americans are weird like that. Notice I said 4kids heavily edits material for American parents -- children have nothing to do with it. There was discussion at length about this in the mature forum about (lack of) parenting and the responsibility of editing or properly tagging content to protect the innocent masses -- go check out the discussion there if you're 18+.

Yes, because no OTHER shows use guns. You know like GI Joe. Or other shows that use weapons real or fantasy that are designed for kids... Obviously not any super hero show like Avengers that have guns wielded by SHIELD... I mean... won't anyone think of the CHILDREN?!

4Kids won't get MLP:FiM. They are a licensing and distribution company for Japanese import shows (aka Anime). I don't think they deal with localized distribution of domestic shows. And Hasbro wouldn't allow it anyway. They are quite protective of their properties, and I don't think they would want to be associated with a company with such a notorious reputation.

Besides, last I checked they are in Chapter 11... So they are as good as dead anyway. Which is why so many of their assets were picked up by other companies. They need to restructure and make serious changes. I don't think they have the capital to buy the rights to distribute, let alone edit, MLP:FiM.

Nothing to worry about here.

As horrid as 4kids have proven to be, with the exception of the first 2 seasons of TMNT and Turtles Forever, I don't think they'd really harm FiM.

Just looking at the show, it's pretty tame. No one bleeds, swears, smokes, or let alone dies. If anything, the worst we'd have to worry about is them trying to replicate a voice for another butchering of North America's national anthem. My head hurts again from thinking of that dreaded performance...

I was thinking about this topic recently, and I hit a different prospect that seems more realistic: What if Disney bought out Hasbro/the Hub network? Discuss!

There would be A TON Of bad, but there would be alot of good to come out of that. While you know Disney would crack down on all the fan made stuff but we'd get some really show accurate stuff, and Disney knows, if they make it, the fans will scoop it up. Doesn't matter how obscure the character is, they'll make a ton of toys out of 'em. Lyra? Dr Whooves, Bon Bonn! We'd get it all! :blah:

Lolno. With the franchises Hasbro has, WHY would they sell?

The only other business I can think of (that does what Hasbro does) with more money to throw around is Disney, so it doesn't seem too farfetched to think of this scenario. If Disney piled enough money in front of Hasbro, who knows?

If Hasbro's Hub channel becomes a "major threat" (aka we get a Pony orPound Puppies movie in theaters, and it actually makes money) then yes, maybe Disney will think about it. But I severely doubt they'd bother.