Living in Equestria would actually be tough

kunio18

When i think about it alot, you know its got its pro's an cons, i know if you were there you would truely be in heaven and every day be super happy, you get to hang out with all the lovable characters that we have known and love, a state of tranquilty.

And also you would get to explore everything that the land has to offer comming from a human point of view, but here are the cons that i think are bad for it..

• You got the monsters and dragons that will probably pwn you, Cockatrice, Cerberus, Urser Major, Timberwolves
  • No real women, the first few months or year that you have been there it would certainly take affect for the male mentality
  • No internet and no gaming systems, you would think you would hang with the mane 6 all day but dont forget they all have their jobs, twilight studying, apple jack has to work sweet apple acres, rarity with her fasion, fluttershy has to attend to her pets ect.
  • I recon you would get rather ill with the food and stuff they have there, or rather obesse remember these ponies probably dont belive in the butchering and eating of live stock. so how would we get that protein ?.. think about it cant eat constant cakes doughnuts and hay fries all the time..

hi hi

I dunno, I still think it would be pretty nice to go to Equestria for a visit. I guess even if I was stuck there it wouldn't be too bad. Most of those negatives wouldn't really be negatives for me, but I suppose the one downside to getting stuck in Equestria is that I would probably miss the friends I have right now.

• Monsters and Dragons? Just do what the ponies do, run away! And maybe if you ask nicely, you might get a pegasus to carry you to safety. (that would be so awesome!)

• I think point number two would bother some people more than others.

• Computers are actually a rather recent invention, and I must say I actually rather enjoy unplugging from time to time. If I lived in a world where everyone else wasn't plugged in all the time either, I think it would be rather awesome. Imagine walking out your door and actually meeting someone.

• Ponies have beans and eggs. I've got friends who are strict vegetarians and often times the hardest part is having to live in the margins. Living in a world where all the recipes, food vendors and restaurants are geared towards vegetarians, I suspect it would be really easy to get by.

oh yeah man i didnt think about the beans and eggs, but mabey you would miss the raw meats as such, chicken, bacon, and all the awesome food we have in our world, pork loins steaks and mostly id mish eating fish, i wonder if ponies would be against that ?!?

1. see when I think about being in equestria I imagine being a pony when Im there so honestly the food and women thing wouldnt bother me...

2. no gaming systems or computers? No problem! Wouldnt be able to use them anyway and ponies are the main reason Im on my laptop all the time anyway :/

so yeah unless we're saying I have to stay human then I dont see any issues

Equestria seems like a nightmarish place when you look at it, sure the pretty colors are nice but its really a cover for a crazy and insane messed up universe.

goes into the everfree forest, never comes out again, to many baddies

I dunno, I think I'd be okay with it...

• Ponies seem okay with all the monsters. Besides, that'd be an adventure! If I went to Equestria, I'd be a bit disappointed if I didn't get to run into something like that. Plus, if I were to make friends, I'm sure we could all pull through.
  • Well, if we were all ponies it wouldn't really matter, yeah? I'm a girl anyhow.
  • I'm okay with that. I mostly just write and draw on the computer anyway and ponies can still write and draw, even though it's not on a comp. so I think I'd be happy.
  • I'm a vegetarian so no meat is fine. XD I get all my protein from beans and eggs. And I assume maybe they have tofu? *crosses fingers*

this is all going to come from a human point of view id imagine this thread to be, there are sp many ups and downsides that i can think of, if you was pony all would be swell, but if a human still.... you would deffo miss out on some of the things were are used to.

just think of it, the things we use everyday and gotten used to it, the routine way of human life would be changed if you ended up in Equestria you would need to adapt as best you can.

Well, If you suddenly appeared as a human, to adjust you would need a house and a job. Make money, make your own fun and probally end up pretty fat from the meal choices there. Alot of cakes and stuff but i suppose there is also a lot of fruit and veg.

The main factor would probally just be what sort of person you are.

I imagine Equestria would suck completely to live in honestly, unless you were born there at birth. I'd be quite hesitant to go if someone asked me. It's not the actual world that most people want to go to anyway, it's just the ponies who live in it who interest some people.

hi hi

I dunno, if Equestria was a real place, I would love to live there. Competent leadership, magic, an economy that encourages lots of different talents, magic, fun things to do outside in paradise-grade weather, magic. At the very least, I can think of quite a few places on Earth that would be much, much worse to live.

• Like 1

Well, with my medieval reenactment and some of the living conditions I have experienced, i don't think the tech would bother me.

And I have some skills that might make me a place there.

But it would be easier as a pony. Espescially if I had to relearn everything.

Hm, this got me thinking and I have to agree that it wouldn't be easy... but it would be doable.

• Yes, monsters, lots of them. There are monsters here too. Wild animals that you can run into in your own backyard out here in Arizona. You just have to be careful and be smart about it. You might loose a limb your first month or so in Equestria, but I assure you that you would learn your lesson after that.
  • Yes, this might be an issue for some. But honestly, you could live with it. You'd have to. So no point in complaining about it.
  • Yes, that would be incredibly boring. But, humans have the incredible gift of creativity. We'd find ways to entertain ourselves. I mean, come on, you're in a whole new culture. I'd love to learn everything I could about it and that would mean I'd have to learn how to read and write in Equestrian (those weird horsie glyphs). That wouldn't happen over night. Plus, I at no point had illusions of it being a free ride. I'd work just like everypony else.
  • No meat.. Okay, yeah, that one might be a little difficult for me. I love me some steak. But I have nothing against eggs, beans, tofu, or such. A change of diet would not be easy and my system may go into shock. But think about it. Plenty of fruits and veggies to eat.

Of course, if I went to Equestria and got turned into a pony, that would render all these points mute. Well, maybe. I may still hunger for flesh... Would it be too strange to see a pony stalking a cow like a lion out in the grasslands of Africa?

As for meat...fish and eggs seem to be 'safe' to eat. While Ponies don't eat fish, they do see it as food for others. And I could EASILY see myself living off a dier of veggies, fish and fruit. Maybe open up the first Sushi Joint in Canterlot. :blah:

As for monsters, they seem to mostly avoid civilization. MOSTLY.

And while I'm a computer nerd who loves all my shiny equipment and boxes that go BLOOP, some of the better times I've had were in the middle of nowhere. In nature..with the mountains..And der fishes. And no tech! No cell phones! No computers! Just silence and lots of fresh air. SIGH.

As with everything, we're adapted to our environment. Try moving from a modern lifestyle into the jungle and see how you do -- but people born in the jungle are brought up there, know how to survive, and are probably quite comfortable. The same could be said of this comparison.

As for the time-period emulation thing with all the wacky mixed-up technology, I think that Equestria was designed to be its own thing, with technology (and lack of) used to add whimsy and flavor -- that's why we see candle and firefly lamps next to EKG machines.

Nice topic, Kunio!

• Like 1

So many topics like this...

I'd miss the eating of meat, that I admit, though I could adjust (especially if I could at least get fish --- not big on pork and beef, though I'd miss my fried chicken BADLY) the Tech would bother me a little because I used to a lot of conveniences from it, such as if I forget what I am to get at the store I can call back and see, or being able to find people with the same interest as me all over the world (;)) or more day-to-day, I'm used to having access to hundreds of music tracks... (now if I could take my laptop and cellphone and a solar-recharger... no worries at all!) Overall though, I think I could adjust given time and friends though.

As for the "there are no women" ...have you SEEN these ponies? They're hotter than any of the girls I've met! (lol :P sorry, furry to the core!)

• Like 1

I'm constantly saddened by the constant belief that a human in Equestria would be "out-of-place"...

We have to remember that Equestria runs on a fuel similar to Greek mythology. Things like the cockatrice, hydra, "Tartarus", etc all appear in Greek mythology. Other creatures, like the Pegasus or Unicorn, also appear there. As we all know, humans also are a main figure in Greek mythology. If timberwolves, minotaurs, Pegasi and other creatures from mythology can co-exist, so can humans! They're all different species. I'd just imagine humans would be first observed as "monsters" to ponies, much like Iron Will was labelled as, being a minotaur and all.

Regarding no women...I do admit myself to loving women in general ideas, but I could live without them. In fact, the mares we see in the show have better personalities than most girls I've met. I'd take the quirky attitudes of ponies like Twilight Sparkle or Pinkie Pie over many girls in my town any day of the week! :lol:

Regarding lack of meat (And therefore protein)...you have to remember Vegetarians and Vegans. They go their ENTIRE LIVES as devout vegetarians. It's proven that with the correct diet, you can live life without meat. Personally, I eat meat regularly. However, I could see the lack of meat being a fair sacrifice to live in Equestria... :smug:

I think what wins the idea of being in Equestria over the regular world is the ideas expressed. There is RARELY any political problems, the disasters occur fast in-between, most if not all ponies in Equestria are good-spirited, well-meaning, dedicated beings...and most of all, everything seems to be friends in Equestria. With all the conflict we see in life over the pettiest of things, I can't blame people for wanting Equestria to exist. Imagine it, a world without conflict, arguement...only of friendship, equality, and a loving and caring attitude that will always shine through... :D

*Sigh*....if only...

• Computers are actually a rather recent invention, and I must say I actually rather enjoy unplugging from time to time. If I lived in a world where everyone else wasn't plugged in all the time either, I think it would be rather awesome. Imagine walking out your door and actually meeting someone.

I'm going to agree very strongly with this. No internet would not be a bad thing. I've got many friends that would be easier to connect with if they were not addicted. I think we would find ways to fill the time currently sucked up by it.

The diet will be tough, pony's are almost exclusively vegetarian with some exceptions such as eggs and pastries, but imagine no more meat, probably ever, i mean beef would be WAY off limits since cows are intelligent creatures in their world products like soft drinks probably don't exist.

But on the other hand you will totally miss your Xbox, PS3, and/or internet, but with you being BORN in equestria, you wouldn't know about those things would you. "You can't miss, what you never had."

Plus I wonder, where would a human find work in a land of ponies? life would get pretty cruddy fast

I would get bored after a while but there's always some exciting thing going on, I would never go in to the everfree forest unless I had to, and any crisis that does occur, I can always count on the mane 6 to save the day.

One other thing I want to say, and this is just something to think about, I'd bet many who want to go to this world hate the pain and suffering they take on in this world, with equestria pretty much being crime free and everyone living in peace is prosperity..Think about it: no crime, no pollution would be beautifull... :)

And that is why I am SO confused as to what time period they are trying to emulate. We have arcade games and ovens but also cottage style housing, spears, and castles.

Seems to be medivel with random bits of technology. I would imagine the technological parts come from unicorns. Like if during the time of King Arthur wizards were a normal part of society, weaker, but some can make microwaves