Something awesome, I just found out.

TemplarFrost

Ya'll Bronies all know about the famous Fallout Equestria, right? The cult classic that has a massive fan-base? Right? Well, I was doing a little snooping around, and I realized that Fallout Equestria is alot bigger than I thought. Alot bigger.

For starters, it is the 6th longest novel, in the English language, and 16th in the world. It has a whopping 608,000 words (not doing pages due to font-size). Outdoing War and Peace, with only 587,287 words. And for the record, Fallout Equestria is twice as long as Game of Thrones, about five times as long as Twilight, and six times as long as Hunger Games. I just find it truly amazing how a My Little Pony crossover fan-fic, could outdo so many critically acclaimed novels of today.

Just shows how amazing Bronies can be, I guess. :)

hi hi

It is split up into chapters, which I'm pretty sure still count as a single story. (Lord of the Rings is separated into 6 books and still counts as one story anyway.)

Personally, I think it is rather amazing how well the story fits together considering how little editing went into the thing as a whole. Even though I'm a fan, I think there are parts where it probably could benefit from some revisions. Of course, that is the case with most fan fiction I guess.

Also... I'm pretty sure Hollow is talking about a different "R" word.

6th longest novel?! :-| That's impressive! I've been kind of wary of it being grimdark and all, but I think I'll start reading it now!

Beware thought, Fallout Equestria is brutal, VERY brutal. After reading just the first three chapters, I honestly felt like throwing up.

hi hi

It is split up into chapters, which I'm pretty sure still count as a single story. (Lord of the Rings is separated into 6 books and still counts as one story anyway.)

Personally, I think it is rather amazing how well the story fits together considering how little editing went into the thing as a whole. Even though I'm a fan, I think there are parts where it probably could benefit from some revisions. Of course, that is the case with most fan fiction I guess.

Also... I'm pretty sure Hollow is talking about a different "R" word.

Oh great Celestia, not that R word! (Yeah, I just read chapter 3.) :green:

The R word is not a swear, it was derived from the Italian word "ritard" which means "slow".

Exactly! Like in classical music, ritardando means to slow the peace down to a calm and beautiful pace.

Although....I'm pretty sure he's talking about a DIFFERENT R word.... :blah:

• Like 1

Raisins! I knew it!

Do graphic novels count for length? Some manga I've seen are monstrous.

I'm pretty sure if you compiled Vampire Knight into one book, it could outdo War And Peace easily.

In Search of Lost Time, by Marcel Proust, 1,200,000 words (4,211 pages).

I suppose The Bible doesn't count as the longest book? Because it's freaking huge. Easily over 4,211 pages. Around 6,000+

Raisins! I knew it!

I TOLD YOU MAN

I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE RAISINS

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

All things seriously considered, I'm VERY amazed that Fallout: Equestria is the 6th longest story in the English language. Shows you that some fanfiction writers have some INCREDIBLE dedication to their work. I'll be quite frank, a 45-chapter story is INSANE, and the fact that every chapter spans for thousands of words just go to prove that this is a LONG story.

If there ever is a follow-up, they could very well try for the record...it'd take a while, but it took a while to reach where it is now. Might as well, xD

• Like 2

I suppose The Bible doesn't count as the longest book? Because it's freaking huge. Easily over 4,211 pages. Around 6,000+

No the bible doesn't count, because it was not written all at once, but a complication of various people over a very long period of time. Like upwards of a thousand. Some of it is poetry, (Song of Solomon, Psalms, Proverbs.) Some of it is military accounts (Joshua.) Others are letters to a certain town or city. (Ecclesiastes, Ephesians, Romans,) And others are simply historical accounts (Mark, Luke, John, Matthew, Acts.) And one is even a prophecy of the end times, (Revelation).

The Bible isn't one single book, but a masterwork of different writers, and poets. :)

I'm pretty sure that Fo:E is finished. The expanded universe works are ongoing but I think that the first title is over.

It's good. Not great, I wouldn't be paying for it, but good fanfic. It feels more like I'm reading someone playing the game rather than a straight-up novel, which means it often suffers from a meandering plot. You could skip large tracts of the work and still have the same basic structure in place. Fun read though.

No the bible doesn't count, because it was not written all at once, but a complication of various people over a very long period of time. Like upwards of a thousand. Some of it is poetry, (Song of Solomon, Psalms, Proverbs.) Some of it is military accounts (Joshua.) Others are letters to a certain town or city. (Ecclesiastes, Ephesians, Romans,) And others are simply historical accounts (Mark, Luke, John, Matthew, Acts.) And one is even a prophecy of the end times, (Revelation).

The Bible isn't one single book, but a masterwork of different writers, and poets. :)

That is actually A very good Point