Brony Pet Peeves?

QuickLime

Ah, best friends.

Something that most bronies can't get through their thick skulls :x

The mane six are best friends, and they should stay that way. Any relationship between the six elements of harmony could create instability, and next thing you know Discord is doing the Cha-Cha slide over Equestria's ruins.

There's actually very little that really ticks me off, but there are a few things that kinda annoy me.

I'm up there with you Quicklime about people comparing themselves to the mane cast. I dunno how many times I've seen people say they're like Fluttershy... when calling out "I'm like so and so" doesn't seem a very Fluttershy thing to do. I think people are just cognitively confusing "I like" and "I'm like".

Probably the only other thing that annoys me is people who outright hate shipping and wont stop talking about it. Not liking excessive or most ships is fine... but to outright hate all of it and keep talking about it? Curious mentality behind that.

I guess really any excessive "I hate this rabble rabble rabble" bugs me.

• Like 1

There's actually very little that really ticks me off, but there are a few things that kinda annoy me.

I can't barely think of anything that necessitates some of the stronger language you guys are using. I find the troll face meme visually offensive on ponies or otherwise but I'm not sure that is a brony problem.

When you guys are talking about people saying they are like another pony, and it feeling forced, are you talking about this site? I don't notice enough of it to be annoying here, but Canterlot is my only window to the brony community.

I can't barely think of anything that necessitates some of the stronger language you guys are using. I find the troll face meme visually offensive on ponies

That reminds me, You know Pony.Mov? I find that very offensive. To convert something beautiful, into disgusting filth, hits me where it hurts.

In the heart. :sleep:

That reminds me, You know Pony.Mov? I find that very offensive. To convert something beautiful, into disgusting filth, hits me where it hurts.

Yeah, I'm not bugged because its reputation preceded it and I never saw even a single second.

I'm up there with you Quicklime about people comparing themselves to the mane cast. I dunno how many times I've seen people say they're like Fluttershy... when calling out "I'm like so and so" doesn't seem a very Fluttershy thing to do. I think people are just cognitively confusing "I like" and "I'm like".

Well I'm in the clear then, saying "I'm like so-and-so" is a VERY Rainbow Dash thing to do :blah:

I've only seen Apple.mov and honestly I laughed, not seen pony or shed, shed just looked too stupid and cupcakes-y for me... Like I said above, I like a lot of the more mature stuff, but there *IS* a line that imo should not be crossed...

hi hi

I think perhaps that line is between respecting vs disrespecting the source material. You can take the themes of the show and use them in wildly different settings and contexts without ruining the message, but its easier for some people to tear them down and mock them instead I guess.

People who don't like something talk about it at length, most likely, because anger is a very powerful and attention grabbing emotion.

(Also, why do people think that Fluttershy isn't opinionated or doesn't get excited about things? The anonymity of the internet allows recluses to freely express themselves just the same as it does for jerk faces.)

Just remember that even though everyone has pet peeves about stuff, I think tolerating and understanding them is a good way to handle it.

I do.

• I understand shipping, MLP is filled with diverse and unique characters, and shipping them is understandable

• I understand why KYM is flooded with ponies, because its a good show.

• I understand sexualization of underage ponies, I don't approve of it, but I understand that some people are just messed up that way.

But what can never understand, is Sweet Apple Massacre. It's so twisted not even the Devil himself could stomach it. :green:

Just to put this out there, I love the .movs. They're quotable and only get funnier everytime you watch them. Of COURSE they tribute things like Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacare. But the creators are HUGE pony fans, and very respectable people. Me and my closest guy friend greet eachother with "Hey, hey, hey, stay outta my shed!". And the other nice things about the .Movs is that people will often watch some REAL episodes to see what they're actually like. Then what happens? You get hooked.

Just to put this out there, I love the .movs. They're quotable and only get funnier everytime you watch them. Of COURSE they tribute things like Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacare. But the creators are HUGE pony fans, and very respectable people. Me and my closest guy friend greet eachother with "Hey, hey, hey, stay outta my shed!". And the other nice things about the .Movs is that people will often watch some REAL episodes to see what they're actually like. Then what happens? You get hooked.

Oh. THOSE videos. rarityannoyed.png Don't get me started on those videos. They're crude, uncivilized, rather grotesque, and I all around despise them. I hate Shed.MOV most of all. But that's my opinion.

....And the other nice things about the .Movs is that people will often watch some REAL episodes to see what they're actually like. Then what happens? You get hooked.

To be honest one of the main reasons I first watched MLP is because I had just watched the .MOVS :D

Also! With the .MOVS their is actually a suprisingly deep back story that is only visible through the Jappleack Tumblr. The cruel comedic skits are actually part of a larger story. As someone who frequents the artists page it is obvious that the person responsible is a very talented writer with big ideas on where the story is heading :D just my oppinion though :L

• Like 1

Of course, I agree it's very funny, and heart breaking at the same time. Throughout the entire video I was laugh-crying.

I have to admit,The .MOV movies I really like,just because of...References...Simply references.

For example,The Blood/Lady liquid(Geesus,that sounds terrible DX) in a bucket that falls on Fluttershy is a reference to Stephen King's Carrie,Which I immediately noticed and loved.

Plus "Gunna Eatcha Brains"Goes on my iPod.

When bronies upload videos of themselves walking around torturing innocent bystanders by shoving FiM in their faces.

- I'd like to note It makes me so happy when the top comments are along the lines "please leave our fanbase".

When bronies can't take a joke, like that video with Bobby from King of the Hill becoming a brony.

When an unfunny meme starts on Ponibooru, like "What if Gummy Was" and the "Rabbid Idiot Brony".

When arguements over the term pegasister comes up, seriously, why do people care about this?

When humanized ponies with hair that doesn't match dark skin have dark skin. Seriously, Rarity's bright purple hair does not look good with dark skin.

Within the community?

Hm...

1) Shipping is on the top of my list. I don't mind it if it makes sense... But let's face it... Most of the time it doesn't. And it gets ridiculous.

2) Excessive grimdark and pony sexualization. That is NOT why I watch MLP. But I admit... I laughed at Cupcakes and find the .MOVs hilarious. Also some NSFW images are tasteful... But there is a limit I reach when... er... never mind... not going there.

3) People whom claim they are one character perfectly. I have no issues with people whom associate closely with a character, but these characters are archetypes. People are far more complex than the cast. Ok... some people aren't, but lets not talk about them :P. Personally I can see a bit of myself in each of them (but mostly Twilight)

4) People who take the simplest things within the show. *stares down Derpygate* (There are other things too, like Dash's sexuality) But seriously... People take things out of context in this community... Its a kids show people... it isn't that difficult to understand, and if it seems harder than it is, you are reading too much into it. Half the issues in this community can be solved with one word... "Magic"

I think there is more... but those are my main ones... Now outside of the community... I could go on and on and on about things that get on my nerves in regards to MLP.