What would you do with a time machine?

Starfox64x

What would you do if you had some device that could manipulate or turn back time? A very general question so answer it how you like...

as for me, i'd use it in a simple manner... go to bed and wake up whenever i want, and if i'm late for something, just turn back time so i can be on time. =P

If it weren't for the that of Reapers, I'd prevent my fathers untimely death.

I'd say kill Hitler, but I suspect that wouldn't be good. Perhaps I'd punch Hitler.... That might be fun!

And then use it to do awesome stuff, like get real period clothing and time pieces.

I'd also like to meet some heroes of time like Tesla, Einstein, Mozart... Among others... Basically I'd do a tour of time like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

It's too dangerous! It must be destroyed!

The smallest ripple in the past can send tidal waves into the future. Take Hitler for example -- if you really did dispose of him, a lot of people would not perish in WWII -- which would make the population of the world that much bigger -- possibly starting more wars down the line. It's also possible you'd undo your own birth because your (grand)parents might not have met. I know I probably wouldn't have been born if the war took place differently.

There are a few personal things I'd probably want to use it for..

Other than that, I'd mostly just abuse it to make myself ridiculously wealthy. :smug:

"Oh, i wont the million dollar lotto AGAIN? hehehe, I must be lucky!"

I have to admit, i'd do that pretty often.

I'm gonna be greedy for a sec and say I'd use it for wealth as well, just a little bit though.

I'd also use it for just relaxing, can you imagine the infinite weekend? I know I can! so much music to listen too, so many PMVs to watch, and now, so much time! hehe, it's beautiful! :kissy: maybe go back and witness a few things, maybe not, they can be a bit boring when not narrated by someone from the history channel.

Go back to last night and not drink as much. I think thats a noble enough plan. After that I might just take a trip to the future and see how it looks there.

If it looks bad im gonna come back and drink more :L XD

I'd go to a future with starships and all that sci-fi stuff, smash the machine, and live my life there, because I despise modern life lol, entirely personal opinion.

If the machine isn't that powerful, I'd go back to the first failings I made in school, and undo every single one of them, and guide myself to my own definition of glory.

I would do nothing it...since time is a concept based on the movement of distance between past and current events to future events. Because it is merely a proposed concept it has no power what so ever and is useless to me. Instead I would build an entirely new machine allowing me to break out of the forward and back given lines in time to our knowledge.

I'll speak latin fluently.

I'll go sightseeing and exploring, I'll see history unfold in live, and I'll collect lost books and works of literature and art. My time machine will be a museum of its own.

And if I can, I'll meet Jesus :D

• Like 1

Who needs it to travel through time, just give me a flying delorean and I'm gonna be escatatic! (lol)

I'd get some old money (imagine the hilarity if you showed up in the past with today's colorful cash) and invest heavily in Microsoft and Apple, I might also go win the lotto every 5 years or so (cant do it constantly or it's obvious your cheating) I'd also use it to solve some of history's greatest mysteries, like what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. (though I wouldn't *change* history, just observe, record, and explain it back in the present.)

I'd go to the future to a point were I'm 100% sure I'll be dead. I want to see what life is like after I'm gone.

The US and Canada will merge into the United States of Pony and adapt the metric system, as well as poutine.

• Like 2

I'd probably just use it to goof around, but not interfere with the past too much, unless it's my own past. I may fix one or two regrets that are too personal to share here and see what happens to me when I return to the present.

I'd smash it, because time travel is no joke. Just watch Back to the Future! I'm totally not going through all that.

Haha, after I read the first post I started thinking about it.

My first response?

Destroy it.

Time travel can really mess things up... including YOUR life.

Yeah, Back To The Future worked in the guys favor... sort of... he had to go back to a life he knew nothing about. What had he done in the past? What had he learned in school? Who were his friends?

But, have you seen Meet the Robinsons? That kid almost made it so he was never born and didn't exist. That could happen to you, or someone else. Also you could destroy future technology.

Haven't you people ever watched Dr. Who?

I hope time travel is like that, but without the whole evil corporations and aliens thing.

Time Travel is dangerous though. Theoretically. It can't be proven if it is or not, because it doesn't exist.

Unless..Maybe it does...and every action ever has become a result of a time traveler changing time! :o (Insert Conspiracy Keanu here).