100 things Mr. OC is no longer allowed to do in Mane RP

46) Your OC should not be able to use two diametrically opposed types of magic. (i.e. fire and ice)

47) Your OC Should not be the child of the wealthiest ponies in any given town.

48) Nor should your OC's primary motivation be "looking for love" That's vapid. They'd be defining their own self-worth on whether they have a mate.

49) Your character is not anti-social, or shy to the point of being afraid to talk to new people. What is the point of RPing then?

50) As a matter of fact, the main driving goal of all of your characters on a day by day basis is where's the best place to hang out in the sun with your friends and have picnics or do other fun group events. Look at our heroes! How much time do they spend doing that? A LOT.

51) Angsty characters are ok once in awhile, but get over it. There is only so much room for antisocial jerks before it just becomes EARTH. Just stop it. I get that many of you are at the point in your lives where all you feel is angst, but holy cow. Not every character has to have "bitter" as their primary character flaw.

52) FOR THE LOVE OF CELESTIA PLEASE STOP THINLY DISGUISING CHARACTERS FROM OTHER PROPERTIES AND UNIVERSES AND MAKING EXPIES OF THEM YOUR OCS FOR WORLD OF EQUESTRIA.

53) This is not a dating site. Not every thread has to involve shipping or romance, so your OC should just not drop out of a thread because they aren't getting any action.

33. You are not a god!

SILVERSWIRL, when somepony asks you if you're a god... you SAY YES!

• Like 6

54) Your coat color - whether pitch black, red, or some other 'scary' or 'gothic' palette - is not the reason why your parents, superiors and peers despise, make fun of, ridicule, harrass, abandon or otherwise drive you into being the edgy little angst waffle you are.

55) Actually, scratch out angst waffle - a bit of sadness is alright, but keep in mind that Equestria isn't exactly Silent Hill.

56) Being a hybrid is not a way of getting away with rule 54. Of course, confusion and misunderstandings are bound to happen, but if the whole land keeps getting filled with "half breeds" who are totally bitter and unrealistically asocial over their circumstances 99.9% of the time, then we might as well call it Equestria by another name: 'Murica. No offense to the US. I live there. =|

57) The term 'half breed' also doesn't exist. There's a reason why I used quotation marks in the last 'un. And by the way, it's particularly insulting to call someone that in real life, so why some people even use the term in the Mane RP, where things are supposed to be a little more on the G-rated side, is rather mind-boggling.

• Like 2

58) Stop making your OC EXACTLY you. It's fine to have some of your traits, it's actually even best to write what you know, but then your pony's favorite type of music and job, and likes and dislikes, social or mental disorders are exactly the same as you, and you start taking criticism of you character too personally...it's time to step away from the computer.

59) Equestria is not your favorite video game, and should not have the same plots or tone as such. Especially if that video game primarily involves killing monsters or other people, or hard sci-fi. If that's your bag, take it to crossovers or Free-For All and let the rest of us continue with our slices of life.

• Like 1

46) Your OC should not be able to use two diametrically opposed types of magic. (i.e. fire and ice)

The only way around this is if you modify the termperature or an object. But then it isnt really fire and ice...

On that topic...

60: Think of something other than fire and Ice to make your unicorn excell at in magic... Im not pointing at characters already who have those skills but it is SO overdone i find... Theres other fields of magic to excell at...

61: YOU ARE NOT THE MALE EQUIVALENT OF RAINBOW DASH!

You are not ANY Equivalent of Rainbow Dash.

For that matter

62) Unless you're Holly Dash, which is the name that her creator gave her (and even then just because of what one of her co-workers was calling her due to her hairstyle), don't put "Dash" in your name just because you have rainbow colored hair. It makes no sense if you are a gardener who never runs or flies.

Soooooooo my OC can't plot to overthrow Celestia with his dark magic that he would use to create an army of zombponiez that he would use to take over Equestria along with his super death laser which he would use to take over Equestria and rule over all ponies because he took over Equestria? Did I mention that he is an alicorn who wants to become ovurlaurd of Equestria?

How about all of those outlaw ponies that are able to dodge the law forever because they are "just too good" or "the hero Appleloosa deserves"?

63) Magic is not an excuse for anypony with any sort of physical limitations for them to function with full motility/senses as though they were never disabled in the first place. After all, wouldn't be rather straining for your blind unicon to use their 'totes specialz second sight' to 'see beyond' 24/7? And it'd get rather tiring (if not wearing on the throat) for somepony who is mute to cast a spell that grants them to use their own variation of the Royal Canterlot Capslock Voice at will.

64) 'Being a DJ' is not your day job.

65) Your soul is that of the normal pony and/or creature that you were born as. Marey Sew, I'm looking at you. :razz:

31) You don't have special wings, just normal wings

(yeah I found that our when I was coming up with the idea for my charrie NightGhost, who I am still developing, yeah only normal Pegasus wings, not ghost wings)

i still find parts of this rule a bit silly but meh.... when season 3 comes out and theres dragon winged ponys you'll be sorry.... :P

i still find parts of this rule a bit silly but meh.... when season 3 comes out and theres dragon winged ponys you'll be sorry.... :razz:

Well, Unless they establish Luna's cool bat/dragon winged guards as a separate or mutant variety of Pony in an episode, it's still gonna be a bit of a 'no no' on the Mane. Still, they are cool. Love the fuzzy ears.

theshadytroughbyequestr.png

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/gIBrY_hQAI4?t=1m20s

So you are saying Equestria is part of the Nine Realms, basically? :razz:

thor_pony_by_oracion666-d41m3s0.png

Yes.

Well, no.

Equestria doesn't have the same physics as Earth. That much is obvious. But even more so - science is basically a process whereby one determines what forces affect existance. Whatever is how things work - science is the way one figures that out.

In Equestria, Harmony and Magic are the fundamental forces of the world.

49) Your character is not anti-social, or shy to the point of being afraid to talk to new people. What is the point of RPing then?

I can invent some reason for him to be in that RP and for him to stay in the RP (social situation).

Your cutie mark story is not a story of magically being good at something without having ever practiced or trained in it.

why not? Its perfectly legit to have a cutie mark story where your blank flank, tries something, then:

he/she picks it up really quickly (aptitude)

OR

finds it easy for some reason (natural innate talent)

OR

has some prior knowledge/interest which allows him/her to do one of the above 2

then cutie mark appears