When or if we ever see Applejack's parents, I bet a lot of people are going to cry foul, no matter how they're introduced. :P

...unless they're introduced in a flashback so it's left ambiguous if they're alive or dead ;) we saw with scratch that the fim team are not opposed to taking a third option

I think more background on the mane 6 would be neat, as long as that's not the focal point for the ENTIRE episode. Like half would be good. Let's see, we've already seen Pinky's past, we've seen Twilight's parents and brother, we've seen a bit of Rarity's parents, and we've seen some of AJ's family. That means the only two who don't have any background (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going off of memory :P) would be RainbowDash and FlutterShy. ^w^

:RDash::Flutter: = do want

I think more background on the mane 6 would be neat, as long as that's not the focal point for the ENTIRE episode. Like half would be good. Let's see, we've already seen Pinky's past, we've seen Twilight's parents and brother, we've seen a bit of Rarity's parents, and we've seen some of AJ's family. That means the only two who don't have any background (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going off of memory :P) would be RainbowDash and FlutterShy. ^w^

:RDash::Flutter: = do want

Agreed. The backgrounds can go kind of 2 ways: either the backgrounds are all happy and dandy with everyone living happily, or one or more of the characters could have a sad background (i.e. parents dying). I'm very curious as to what the backgrounds will be!

Also, the C-Mark Crusaders need their cutie marks! :P

I agree the crusaders need their cutie marks already. They are more entertaining when they aren't crusading.

I'm hoping for an episode about Fluttershy's parents and it turns out they are abusive. It would explain her behavior and could be set up to help kids who are in an absuive situation. She could go back and confront them or something.

Ok, so ive been thinking about the song for a while, and one lyric has given me pause.

"in my heart there is no room!"

Does this mean what I think it is? If so, well, season 3 will have crysailis return, in a unexpected way...

aaah, I'm not sure what you see there .-.

"for I do not love the groom, in my heart there is no room!"

there's no room in her heart to love Shining Armour ._. or likely anybody for that matter

I must be missing something that should be obvious o)3)

I think you are over looking this.

It's a kids show mainly so there wouldn't be any hidden meanings.

Also Chrysalis would not have a heart since she devours love to stay alive.

The only possibility is that I think he thinks there's only room for Chrysalis, in which Cadence would be returning as Chrysalis again.. I don't know though.. :P

I'm wondering how they're opening S3.. Are they doing an action packed 2-parter, a regular episode introducing more stuff, or maybe something that "recaps" the last two seasons..

September is fast approaching, guys! :3

When I was a kid, September was the time for new cartoons and seasons. IDK if the tradition is being held, but I'm going to bet that season 3 will come out by September.

Well, if you check out this topic, one of the writers hints that FiM will already be started by the time Everfree Northwest rolls around. In August. ;)

The only possibility is that I think he thinks there's only room for Chrysalis, in which Cadence would be returning as Chrysalis again.. I don't know though.. :P

I think it would be more interesting if Chrysalis tries to take over Ponyville.

I think it would be more interesting if Chrysalis tries to take over Ponyville.

...but that would basically be downsizing the threat she was in "A Canterlot Wedding". Ponyville, all things considered, is a small country town in comparison to Canterlot or (supposedly) Manehattan. For what we can guess, that'd just be aiming lower for her. Knowing Queen Chrysalis, she'd never try for the smallest of things. After all, she did have total control over Canterlot at one point....for 5 minutes, maybe, but it still counts.

...but that would basically be downsizing the threat she was in "A Canterlot Wedding". Ponyville, all things considered, is a small country town in comparison to Canterlot or (supposedly) Manehattan. For what we can guess, that'd just be aiming lower for her. Knowing Queen Chrysalis, she'd never try for the smallest of things. After all, she did have total control over Canterlot at one point....for 5 minutes, maybe, but it still counts.

Well, since she failed big, she should set her sights lower, and get sneakier.

She's a cool baddie, but they probably won't use her too soon after the mini-movie we got with her. It would be nice to see one of her changelings pop up in an episode. Are they simple monsters? Or are they more complex than what we saw in the wedding episode? The fan fics seem to go both ways. We either get mindless monsters or intelligent creatures with a complex society that rivals Equestria.