The Greatest Moment of Your Life

SteelEagle

I don't really know if I could identify a moment that I would consider great. I suppose getting my history degree would come the closest, but even then, I was mostly glad that all that 4-year junk was over with rather than proud. I also highly value the times I've been able to take school trips to Washington D.C., France, Italy, and the UK.

Well, I have several moments I'd like to see happen, but probably the one I'd want to see (and would most likely happen) soon would be seeing my novel published. Of course I'm nowhere done with it, but that's my hope. :)

Others include finding a library job and finding a special somepony... I mean girlfriend. :blush:

• Like 1

I'm not sure since I haven't lived as long a life as most people :P

For now I'll settle for when I wrote about space for an examination essay.

No seriously, we had to write about a place we would like to live, I rambled on about space for a good hour or more and got my first 100% on a test I can actually remember.

Lets see....reaching 2nd dan Black belt in my martial arts was a nice milestone.

Jumping 10 feet in the air in said martial art with a sissor jump.

Breaking through 2 wooden boards with a sliding side kick.

Doing a hammer fist through a concrete tile.

So the point where I realized I was an awesome fighter in general.

Eaither that or finding an unopend packet of gummy worms in my closet. That was a good day.

Haven't lived long enough (yet) to experience life, love, and a lot of things... :-|

I guess the greatest moment in my life would have to be the day I got my cutie m-....err, the day I realized I wanted to be an artist. Not just one that focused on one particular style but was adept in all types of styles. It was also the day I vowed to become to the greatest artist to out-art them all. :20:

Greatest moment? Hmm...

The moment I was born was pretty swell. Then again, that wasn't so much my accomplishment as it was another person's.

Winning first place in the zoology category in the city science fair only to get stomped in the state science fair by a guy who had a lot of money. (who gets private sessions with dolphins?!?)

When my grandma passed her secret recipe book on to me. I finally found out what made grandma's cookies taste so great.

When I received my first paycheck. (It sure didn't last long but it was still pretty magical)

What an outstanding topic.

When my grandma passed her secret recipe book on to me.

Fantastic. I like this one because it is so relational. Do you know why she picked you to get it?

There are plenty of fine moments, from graduating from college, finding a satisfying job, completing physical challenges, achieving strong community, paying off the last of my debt, purchasing my dream car, making a legendary score in Ultimate Frisbee that people are still talking about 3 years later...

But those are drops in the bucket compared to fixing my identity back in 2008.

By way of explanation, I'm about to get spiritual...

For much of life, my focus and worldview has been defined unhealthily. Like being poor, or being alone, or hating (REDACTED). Each of those three, and other, identities framed my life, and crushed me mentally when the rug was pulled out. For instance, upon moving to Texas, I discovered that I had never been poor, I had just been at the bottom of a wealthy neighborhood, and my identity collapsed. And hating (REDACTED) had the same effect as I grew to appreciate and love it.

Putting identity in being loved by God, something that would not fail me, was the greatest moment because it changed everything.

It informed my purpose, it reduced my depression, it improved relationships, and helped me on the path from becoming a needy person to a giving person.

I kind of hate to be :army: about this, but the greatest moment in my life was easily my first jump from an airplane, and if you want to get specific, it was the first three and a half seconds of freefall. There really is no better feeling in the entire world, hooves down.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

getting a free dozen donuts cause the place was closing and they didnt want to throw any out...

Okay, no, that's not my highlight, i swear...

I think it would be one of two things...

1: In english we were reading Fahrenheit 451, so we were to do a project where we presented our idea of the future... most everyone had crappy poster, dull powerpoints, but my powerpoint had music, awesome pictures of futuristc cars virtual reality, etc... but what really got them was when i pulled the rug out fro munder them and said that most people lived on the moon now while people on earth were dealing with diminishing resources, poverty and a zombie outbreak. A+ on that project ^_^

2: Senior projects. for those who dont know its a year long project where at the end we give a big presentation in front of judges for a huge chunk of our grade. short version is my lit teacher was against me the entire way of the project, and during the two practice presentations where she graded our performance, i got a 60 and a 69... she gave me a whole list of BS that she thought needed to be changed, but i barely did anything to it because i thought it was great the way it was... So after i presented to the judges, i got a 99 from them, only losing a point for a piece of my folder was missing... that was the biggest 'Buck You' moment to that teacher in my mind......

Well, I'm still really young, but I think the greatest moment I my life(so far) was when I got my dog. My life was really crappy at the moment. Dad lost his job, mom was super stressed, so I had no one to talk to. But then I come home one day, feeling particularly lonely, and I prayed to God to send me someone I could rely on. I walk into my room, and the're is a baby Black Laborador, smiling up at me. Now I know dogs can't smile, but I swear she did. And she still does now whenever I'm sad. :)

• Like 2

Well, I'm still really young, but I think the greatest moment I my life(so far) was when I got my dog. My life was really crappy at the moment. Dad lost his job, mom was super stressed, so I had no one to talk to. But then I come home one day, feeling particularly lonely, and I prayed to God to send me someone I could rely on. I walk into my room, and the're is a baby Black Laborador, smiling up at me. Now I know dogs can't smile, but I swear she did. And she still does now whenever I'm sad. :)

I have never had a (human) friend as good and true as the black labs I've had. As far as I'm concerned: Best. Dogs. Ever!

I have a lot of moments that made me incredibly happy, but I don't think I have one BEST moment.

The day Kirby and I got married was a special day, but the actual wedding was small and pretty informal really. My best memory of that day was when we were in the car alone, driving to my brother's house before the wedding. We stopped and picked up breakfast from his favorite restaurant that we don't have in NY. We were both just so happy, and we were alone. My family takes away from my happiness, so I think that's why I enjoyed that moment more than the wedding. I didn't need the wedding to tell me I was in love with this man and would have him for the rest of my life.

Another moment was when I had bought tickets and took Kirby to a Bon Jovi concert, who was his favorite band. The seats were terrible and high up, but we were there. During "Born To Be My Baby," Kirby was squeezing me, singing along, and crying. Being loved is the best feeling in the world.

Honestly, my life is pretty fulfilling right now. Cat rescue gives me so much joy. We have an FIV+ cat whose life we literally saved several times, and every time I cuddle her, it just makes me so happy that I was able to help her AND her 6 kittens that we bottle-fed since birth.

I eagerly await mine. Not that my life sucks or anything, it's just that nothing really stands out.

Me too, I'm in the same situation, I'm just trying to find my true talent in life, it may be music since I've never been so passionate about anything in my life.

Like some that have posted so far, I'm pretty young, but I have to say the high-point so far is somewhere in:

1. Realizing I didn't have to give up on my passion of drama—there are ways of being an actor without it being your main mode of support

2. Joining Speech and debate club (I know—total nerd; but after six years, the whole region is like my extended family)

3. Finishing the (first draft) of my book, and realizing I wasn't sick of it yet—a first for me (still working on editing it, though)

4. Visiting a college and realizing that this is somewhere I could see myself spending four years of my life, and realizing I felt safe there (long story involving poor eyesight and childhood nightmares)