NIGHTMARE NIIIIIIGHT! (how will you celebrate Halloween, warning probably Tim Curry heavy)

flutterscotch

I love Halloween. I always have, and prefer to celebrate it all-out instead of celebrating it and my birthday (which is soon after).

To the point that I live in downtown Salem, Massachusetts, where October is one huge costume party.

What are your favorite Halloween traditions?

My favorite thing to do is force all my friends to watch The Worst Witch, this abysmal, low-budget, made for HBO kids's special from 1986, that my parents made me watch every year once it aired.

Because it has this glorious, glorious song by Tim Curry, and it wasn't until I discovered the Rocky Horror Picture Show (weirdly enough a few years later thanks to the show Charles in Charge, and a gullible uncle who I talked into renting it for me) that I truly appreciated this segment for what it was. And what it is is the most magnificently cheesy thing he has ever done. Which is saying a LOT. *cough* Nigel Thornberry *Cough* Plus it reminds me of a Talking Heads video, so bonus.

Oh joy, oh rapture. Halloween season is finally here.

Other ridiculous traditions I hold:

• Every OTHER year dressing up like a guy with a mustache or other facial hair. This year it's John Oates. Two Years ago, Dr. Jacoby from Twin Peaks.
    • hall-oates.jpgOates.

[*]Reading the book Ramona and her Father by Beverley Cleary (this has been going on SINCE 1986)

[*]Going camping and carving pumpkins at the campsite while drinking mulled cider (last 5 years)

Has anybody seen my tambourine?

We don't even get trick or treaters here.

It's a bummer you don't get Trick or Treaters. I get around 250-300. So excited! I give out glow bracelets instead of candy.

You're going out on Halloween as John freaking Oates? Dude, you're the best ever.

And my friend Alyissa will be Darryl Hall. It's going to be fantastic. Particularly we are going as the Yacht Rock incarnations. I may carry around a Steely Dan record.

I haven't really done any Halloween stuff in a long time. I don't dress up, don't go to costume parties, no nothin'. The only thing I get out of the night are the excess batches of candy that my old folks couldn't give out to costumed kids. At the very least, my candy supply can last up to a month. :D

My boyfriend and I are dressing up as Jessica and Roger Rabbit for halloween, and going to a friend's costume party.

909111270.jpg

We also watch Rocky Horror Picture Show every year as a tradition.

• Like 3

One of my friends seems to be trying to rope up a group of people to either go as the mane 6 or the power rangers for this Holloween, simply for the lolz. Actually, we've had a bit of fun with costumes in the past. I believe about a year or two ago we all went as a barborshop quartet. That was a fun night.

On years when I don't have a party to attend, I get together with a group of friends and we conspire to dress as horrors and monsters and chase the kids and parents around our neighborhood.

Last year my friend Mike converted and old gas powered weed eater to a VERY LOUD and VERY realistic sounding chainsaw. That thing roared like a beast!

• 2 weeks later...