Human Pony Spin-off - From the Toy Fair

WillowWisp

Personally I don't see this series going anywhere but right down the romance chute with some stupid Gary Stu stallions. I mean we saw the pictures, they're all teenage girls. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if I heard Pinkie Pie say "Swag".

...kept the wings but got rid of horns? Really?

Anyway they look rather horrid. What is with the cuite marks on the faces?

This is like...Lisa Frank was tossed in a blender with ponies and this was spewed out.

Since they have animal ears and tails..Wonder if they'll just forget the whole 'human' thing and say they're just regular cartoon animal people...That's not skin..But a proper pony coat..And the school will have the usual assortment of animal people..Still..The designs...ugh.

As a member of the furry fandom, I'd say that the new image of the human/pony hybrids look fairly decent. Personally I'd rather see them than the human versions because there are many cartoons out there with humans as the main characters. Now to make it work, there would have to be other hybrid characters or else it would hit the uncanny valley.

Oh wow.... I don't even... This is really the real image? Really? Even though the human Twi has wings and they got a pony Twi in the picture who doesn't?

Why no horns? If you're going for strange non-human colourfully skinned weirdness, Rarity needs a horn.

Still... maybe when it comes we'll all be able to look past this some how. Maybe it will actually be good? I admit the chance is looking slimmer... but I'm still willing to wait and see... :blush:

And I'm sure you've all seen this by now..

hasbro2superjumbo.jpg

http://www.nytimes.c....ewanted=2&_r=2

Yep. They look like the High School girls I remember. Blue and yellow skin..Wings...Cat ears on the tops of their heads. Long tails. Of course, my High School was on Three Mile Island. :razz:

They actually don't have tails, if you look closely, it is that their hair extends down long enough and are tied to give the false impression of tails, but they don't actually have any.

It is a strange mixture - The kept the colours of the ponies, the equine like ears, and even wings for the pegasai/alicorn but dropped the muzzle for a nose, tails for hair extensions, and horns for the unicorns; it is if they couldn't decide between humanized ponies and anthros so they went for a look somewhere in-between the two. I sort of understand why, Hasbro still wanted them identifiable, but honestly if you are going to have them on Earth, just make them otherwise totally human and have them be identifiable by the style and colour of their hair and a cutie mark somewhere.

Heck if you needed to keep the pony colours, they should have been more like this:

mlp___equestria_girls_by_acidglow04-d5w1j66.png

Oh look, their clothes fit their personalities too!

Seriously why are the fandom versions better:

equestria_girls_trixie_by_pixelkitties-d5urrz6.png

Truth is Trixie looks good no matter what! :twisted:

Heck as I mention before, it be also preferred just to make them completely human:

equestria_girls_by_alittleriddle-d5v3y8e.png

Oh look, again identifiable and their personas show through; how hard is that?*

My main worry though isn't the art designs it is the fact the show will be much like that other cartoon aimed at preteens and young teens with high school characters with a twist, Monster High. Monster High isn't necessarily bad but it rarely if ever rises from the standard for young girls shlock you would find on American television, the stories being about the typical high school drama and petty concerns and the characters having little depth beyond their Flanderized personalities.

*Problem with truly human is if you did it like the characters above, eventually some racist schmuck will decry "why is Twilight black" or something; using pony colours avoid that ugly side of fandom and America.

i was really hoping this would get like, trashed, after the first week or so and never brought back again..

i will give it ONE chance, and thats all it gets, i like my ponies to be actual ponies and not some horrifying pony human hybrid, now, i honestly just HATE the art, and hope they get some ideas from fan art, im sorry, but, it just looks like its gonna crash and burn to me.

i was really hoping this would get like, trashed, after the first week or so and never brought back again..

i will give it ONE chance, and thats all it gets, i like my ponies to be actual ponies and not some horrifying pony human hybrid, now, i honestly just HATE the art, and hope they get some ideas from fan art, im sorry, but, it just looks like its gonna crash and burn to me.

No need to apologize, even if it crashes and burns, we still have season 4 of FiM. I can perfectly function as a fan of Friendship Is Magic while at the same time completely disregarding Equestria Girls (although I will watch initially to give it a fair shot).

• Like 1

Well those look absolutely horrifying.

Confusing as well.

How did this get so far?

WHEN IT COMEING OUT???

To celebrate the brand’s 30th anniversary this year, the company plans to introduce a new extension this fall called Equestria Girls.

Surely there is a better way to celebrate...

Oh wow.... I don't even... This is really the real image? Really? Even though the human Twi has wings and they got a pony Twi in the picture who doesn't?

Why no horns? If you're going for strange non-human colourfully skinned weirdness, Rarity needs a horn.

Still... maybe when it comes we'll all be able to look past this some how. Maybe it will actually be good? I admit the chance is looking slimmer... but I'm still willing to wait and see... :blush:

I'm disappointed. I see nothing wrong with this, but if makes you feel better Phil there are some different, simpler designs here.

By the way, you really ought to check your messages more often, especially you claim you will.

Some person on Reddit pointed out that aside from different colour and hair they basically all look the same, except for Fluttershy who gets a different expression

Also is it just me or does it seem like their skirts are really short?

I'm disappointed. I see nothing wrong with this, but if makes you feel better Phil there are some different, simpler designs here.

That was an immediate reaction to seeing the image, and yeah, perhaps I was a little harsh in tone in retrospect.

The little things like the Twilights in the image not matching and the unicorn girls not having horns still bothers me and I'm still not sure I'm a huge fan of these designs overall (it's not even so much the coloured skin, which is something I've seen done to look great before as much as they really strike me as just feeling too young to be the characters or something), but there really isn't any reason for me to beat it up or change my prognosis regarding how successful I think the show will be over that.

I intend to give this a completely fair chance and truly do hope it is successful and good.

That was an immediate reaction to seeing the image, and yeah, perhaps I was a little harsh in tone in retrospect.

The little things like the Twilights in the image not matching and the unicorn girls not having horns still bothers me and I'm still not sure I'm a huge fan of these designs overall (it's not even so much the coloured skin, which is something I've seen done to look great before as much as they really strike me as just feeling too young to be the characters or something), but there really isn't any reason for me to beat it up or change my prognosis regarding how successful I think the show will be over that.

I intend to give this a completely fair chance and truly do hope it is successful and good.

I didn't consider your criticism harsh. The design is mind boggling.

The first episode could be watched, but giving it a fair shake is probably beyond me.

CWeJs8u.jpg

I could live with this one... At least they don't have as much weird animal features, like the small ears, the ponytail ponytails, and random wings (but no horns). I find it a little disappointing that none of them are wearing pants, though. Kinda sends a weird picture to little girls growing up. Oh well.

I hope they keep their personalities. I would hate to see the Mane 6 turn superficial in this new show, only caring about boyfriends, shopping, being in the popular group or whatever. Their skin colours intrigues me, since they're humanized I would think that they would have natural human skin colours. Then again, its probably for the best. I wouldnt want to see ignorant comments as to why the creators gave darker skin tones to a couple characters instead of light. I see enough of that nonsense in the humanized fanart.

I hope they keep their personalities. I would hate to see the Mane 6 turn superficial in this new show, only caring about boyfriends, shopping, being in the popular group or whatever. Their skin colours intrigues me, since they're humanized I would think that they would have natural human skin colours. Then again, its probably for the best. I wouldnt want to see ignorant comments as to why the creators gave darker skin tones to a couple characters instead of light. I see enough of that nonsense in the humanized fanart.

Yeah, the personalities have to stay the same.

Come to think about it, unless this is a human carbon copy of FiM, there are a lot of things that can't be added into this that made us love the original.

For example : DISCORD, Discord, in order to fit into this, probably wouldn't even be nearly as powerful as his draconequus counterpart, and let's face it, Discord is the main reason that season 2 was the best season.

Personally unless, Discord can travel dimensions, I can't see any good coming out of Discord in this new spinoff, he'll probably be a mean business man who tries to shut down their favorite shop at the mall or something.