It seems that the continuity of this isn't over. It's just that there will be a large time gap between parts 2 and 3. But I really liked this episode. As for rushing it, I thought it was built up from the first episode all along and this was just the final step. It also helped settle some thoughts of what would go wrong from this. Also, SEVEN (count 'em) songs! In one 30-minute episode! Not even the two-part premieres/finales did SEVEN songs! (A Canterlot Wedding did 5) Reprises counted for this purpose.

"A True, True Friend" is going to be stuck in my head for a while. Especially once I find it on the Tube.

Wonderful episode and a great way to cap off the season. And so, the wait begins anew...

My feels... what are they doing? I'm happy, but there's this underlying feeling of unease. I don't know about this. I just don't know.

47675__safe_spike_animated_reaction-image_trading-card.gif.gif

"You're a Princess now. Deal with it."

"But don't I get a say in-"

"Nope. Princess."

I'm still happy about Celestia singing though! In fact, I liked all the songs (though I can't seem to remember any of them except the cutie mark song).

Episode still felt seriously rushed.

Overall, I give this episode a U for unrated. ._.

Wow. Just... wow. That was a truly amazing episode. It took me some willpower to avoid exuding liquid pride. Here's hoping Princess Twilight Sparkle has a whole new set of adventures in front of her for us!

I loved the songs, especially the first one.

Well, that just happened. Now I don't want to sound like some dummy who can't handle it when his favorite medias try something different, but to be honest, I was hopping twilight would stay as she was. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it and come to terms. After all, I've managed to stay a fan of sonic the hedgehog.

Fantastic and fun episode. I was hoping I'd see a little bit of discord though...

1 word:Best

I was very skeptical about this episode hoping it was not too rushed, and i must say, i loved it so much 9001/10

For the music, the animation was the best this season, and so much stuff thrown in there for bronies like Vinyls random appearence, Derpy is back, and Hopping lyra during the marching scene.

I could not ask for a better finale, im so happy, and i have liquid pride in my eyes as im typing this, i absolutely cannot wait until the next season.

Now if you will excuse me, im gonna go watch this masterpiece again ;D

Reflecting on Derpy's supposed absence, it made me realize that most of the other BG ponies also got the shaft this season. Honestly, where were Lyra and Bon Bon in S3 other than the finale and Magic Duel?

Anyway, this episode gets 5/5 for giving me feels. Songs were the best of the season in my most humblest of opinions. Can't wait to see what Season 4 brings. :)

I want to like this episode so darn much. I just finished watching it a second time and I just can't seem to like it as much as the rest of you. The episode is good from a technical and artistic standpoint; the songs phenomenal, the design of various things in the episode are great (the dresses, Rarity's weather PATTERNS HUHUHUHUHUHUH, the eye thing they do when returning to themselves), but the story.... It feels as though that the story was a lightning speed recap of dozens and dozens of things that happened throughout the episode. Discord, Nightmare Moon, various back-ground characters, the Royal Canterlot wedding, so many things touched upon. I imagine it was done to demonstrate how far both the show and Twilight have come. That's all fine and good, and frankly, it's quite clever.

What bothers me is that so little seemed to happen. The story doesn't really fit the traditional pattern in literature, at least as I understand it. (Problem, climax, solution. Note: I may have the "tradition" pattern for stories completely wrong.) Instead, this seemed to be a problem, which was solved, and then there was a extremely "random" twist/climax at the end. Supposedly there are 2 more parts of this story arc coming, so it's hard to judge the episode based on this alone. I would go so far as to guess that one of two major things are going to be occurring (likely in a 2-part season 4 opener): either Twilight is going leaving Ponyville to fill her role as a Canterlot Princess, or... And this would be EXTREMELY cool and/or brilliant, Celestia has been gaining allies to fight some titanic threat. Her sister Luna, Discord, now Twilight. These are all extremely powerful characters who have turned to good/evolved/etc. Perhaps it's my paranoia creeping, but I would assume that Celestia is preparing for SOMETHING. (Hey, maybe even CELESTIA is going away, I dunno.)

On a final note: Have a "Princess" Pinkie - Probably my favorite screen-cap of this episode.

PrincessPinkie_zps73c9d1e2.png?t=1361039640

• Like 1

Oh my gosh! I love this episode.

First the songs. Gotta love them I like the True Friend one and the (I think it's called) Find the Answer.

I love the story, how they tied in the mix up with the cutie marks and Twilight's change. It didn't seemed patched together but a very seemless transition.

Can't wait until the next season to see what will happen!

Musical episode, YUS! ALL OF MY YUS!!

Honestly the set up for the whole crisis felt rushed and mixed up to me. Usually we get the set-up for the crisis (IE Twilight accidentally cast the spell) THEN we get the crisis. This time it was backwards.

The songs were pretty good, I enjoyed all of them!

The episode did a VERY nice job of not only setting up Alicorn Twilight, but actually explains WHY she deserves it and the episode did the whole "It's your destiny" thing very nicely.

I'm giving this episode an 8/10. It was a great episode, but it still feels like it'd be better as a Series Finale instead of a Season Finale.

• Like 1

What bothers me is that so little seemed to happen. The story doesn't really fit the traditional pattern in literature, at least as I understand it. (Problem, climax, solution. Note: I may have the "tradition" pattern for stories completely wrong.) Instead, this seemed to be a problem, which was solved, and then there was a extremely "random" twist/climax at the end..)

A natural consequence of having to cram so many things into the episode. Sure, maybe the cutie mark mix-up could have taken up more time to keep the conflict going, but that would have also reduced the gravitas of the following coronation bits. And just this once, perhaps it was the right decision to deemphasize the problem-phase of the episode..... because a whole lot of people would have complained about a rushed ending if all that alicon business was crammed into the last two minutes. Frankly, this episode above all others (yes, even the Discord-comeback special) deserved an ending that didn't get rushed to oblivion as per FiM's standard operating proceedure. :P

I enjoyed the episode very much. I did notice a rush but other than that I thought it was very well done. During some parts it did give me flashbacks to my entire bronyhood and I liked that. One thing that would have been cool is if Twilight got to have a one on one with all the really powerful people on her side instead of just Celestia. Like if Luna would have talked about her time as Nightmare moon, Discord could have talked about the chaos this was wreaking, and Cadence could have talked about love and that was how she learned how to fight the spell. Though the way they presented the episode made me think of either a series finale or they are going to cast a new mane 6 next season but I doubt that. Not to mention we did get a lot of things they witholding from us in this season like Derpy and Lyra/bonbon (Not to mention vinyl scratch.) Though I really wanted to see Octavia again but oh well. I give the episode a 9/10.

technically she isn't an Alicorn, Alicorns are supposed to be Earth Pony +Unicorn +Pegasus Well, Twi seemed to be lacking on the Earth Pony department (Winter Wrap up) so she could be a winged Unicorn... (to people actually uneasy about this)

I hope the first pony reactions would fall in between season 3 and season 4. And that Twilight still reside in Ponyville...

I would go so far as to guess that one of two major things are going to be occurring (likely in a 2-part season 4 opener): either Twilight is going leaving Ponyville to fill her role as a Canterlot Princess, or... And this would be EXTREMELY cool and/or brilliant, Celestia has been gaining allies to fight some titanic threat. Her sister Luna, Discord, now Twilight. These are all extremely powerful characters who have turned to good/evolved/etc. Perhaps it's my paranoia creeping, but I would assume that Celestia is preparing for SOMETHING. (Hey, maybe even CELESTIA is going away, I dunno.)

Celestia reigns the day, Luna rules the night, Twilight, by her very name, is the midpoint between the two. Hmm.

Pondering this greatly....

640px-Pinkie_blowing_bubbles_with_her_pipe_S2E24.png

Oh, and thanks Diego Havoc for posting the Derpy screencaps. I was looking for her all through the episode XD Neat to see Vinyl Scratch again, too!