Favorite Princess?

but they all pail to may favorite royal, Is Queen Chrysalis, reason: she puts her subjects first, is highly intelligent and cunning (she fooled everypony.) very very involved in her subjects.

Ooh, Why didn't I think of her? :o Welp, now her and Luna are tied for my favorite.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not too keen on them. and now reasons!

Celestia: not very involved in the defense of her kingdom, the one time she intervened on a villain she was beaten.

Luna: has the socially awkward bit going for her, but at least she's trying.

Cadance: probably the most involved one, she helped banish the changelings, kept sombra out of the crystal empire for a long time, has well exercised social skills, and makes a good projectile weapon to boot. ((my favorite one))

but they all pail to may favorite royal, Is Queen Chrysalis, reason: she puts her subjects first, is highly intelligent and cunning (she fooled everypony.) very very involved in her subjects.

Allow me to provide counterpoint...

Celestia: 1000+ years of peace, prosperity and protecting the kingdom, either directly or by directing those under her (Twilight and Co) to do it for her in her stead (See NMN first time her self, second time Twilight and Co., Discord first time with Luna and Discord second time by Twilight and Co proxy, and correctly trusting Fluttershy to reform Discord, Sombra with Luna first time with the second time having Twilight and Co (mostly Twi) defeat him and restore the Crystal Kingdom upon it's return). The only reason she was even defeated by Chrysalis (and keep in mind that is the ONLY time she failed to protect her kingdom herself or by proxy, the Crystal Empire doesn't count since that was not under her direct protection as they had their own matriarch) is because she had fully drained Shining Armour of his great love for Princess Cadence. And she wasn't greatly more powerful, she struggled to defeat Celestia even at that point. Celestia also solved the problem of the parasprites in Fillydelphia (presumably) and stopped her student's spell that was tearing Ponyville apart. She also had the forsight to give the Apples the land at the base of the Everfree forest, which eventually turned into the prosperous town of Ponyville.

Luna: She was out of the loop for 1000 years. And she still has good leadership capabilities, even despite ponies fearing her initially. However she does have things to learn, but is shown to be improving with every passing appearance.

Cadence: I don't see your reasons for not being too keen on her...

And you don't even mention the newly coronated Princess Twilight Sparkle.

And now the counter point for why Queen Chrysalis does not deserve the praise you gave her.

She did not put her subjects first. She did the same thing Scar did. Promised all the food they could eat, and was going to exhaust food supply, which would have effectively doomed her subjects. She was acting on selfish reasons of conquest of Equestria. She even stated that as her goal. She was a power hungry tyrant. While cunning and able to fool everyone, but see previous statement as to why she isn't intelligent. Seeking to exhaust food supply is the worst choice of a monarch to make. Everyone is happy for a short while, but eventually when the food supply runs out, everyone is doomed. Again, please see Scar's rule in Lion King. She controlled her subjets. Controlling drones != being involved with them. If you are looking at involvement. Celestia and Cadence are far more involved than Chrysalis.

All this makes Chrysalis a GREAT villain (cunning, willing to do anything to achieve her goal, ability to control an army without insubordination), but a TERRIBLE leader. She is concerned only with the short term, not with the long term. I really love her as a villain though, but she is basically Scar from Lion King, and they are both really bad leaders, but really fantastic villains.

THAT ALL SAID to go back on topic. I really can't choose an absolute favorite. Really the only one that does not resonate too strongly with me is Cadence.

Celestia is pretty much the perfect ruler. She leads by example and guides those around her without being too pushy or being unwilling to do things herself. That and she has a great personality and track record.

Luna has possibly my second favorite personality and has shown the second most character development of all the princesses (next to Twilight but that really isn't fair due to screen time)

Cadence has one of the best designs (actually I'm willing to say THE best design of all 4 Princesses), but I just don't feel anything towards her. But at the same time I can't think of a reason to dislike her.

Twilight Sparkle is still the pony I identify most with. Though we haven't seen much of her as a princess, I doubt that will change, and she has many merits.

I have to be honest, Luna. She is amazing. I guess in season 1 she was cooler. But, still. :Luna:

I guess my second would be Celestia. (partly cause i love her hair.) :Celest:

Last would be Cadence, sorry to all cadence fans. <3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

EDIT: Ack, I double posted by accident. That last one was supposed to be single post but I can't figure out how to delete this one. Or if that option is even possible :-|

Oh well. Anyways, from what I understand, Lauren Faust originally named Princess Celestia Queen Celestia but Hasbro insisted her title be changed to princess for marketing reasons.

I like Celestia the most. I love the scene where she pretended to sip the tea on the episode A Bird in the Hoof and the fact she invited the mane six to the Gala simply because it was painfully boring and she wanted to make things more interesting. Basically, I like her Trollestia side XD

More than just marketing, but also avoid what Disney shows when Queen is more related to villains, particularly the Evil Queen from Snow White.

Speaking of Celestia, I love when she's being her graceful self. :) But when I'm in the mood, I love Molly. :razz:

All the princesses have such important points of merit I'm not sure which I would say I like the best. I like them all for different reasons.

<3 Cadance: Her character design is great! I love the relationship built between her and Twilight that I read in the comic books.

:Luna: Luna: Well, she's just such a great looking princess. She's got that whole dark thing going on that lots of people identify with I think. Her cutie mark is really nice and covers more area on her rump than most marks. I like it!

:Celest: Celestia: Well, she's the perfect ruler. She's also level headed and always handles situations in loving ways from what I've seen. And yep, she really is Queen Celestia, that was changed for marketing.

:TSparkle: Twilight Sparkle: Love this pony! She always makes me smile. I love her imperfections every where and how she is learning. I identify with Twi.

I suppose yours is more related to the weather itself. Personally I prefer day when it's safer BUT the weather must be cloudy. I love the day when it's bright but just not hot. Having a little wind don't mind about it. Although it's kind of suck when our world utilizes the "Everfree Forest weather" method.

• 5 weeks later...

My favorite "princess" isint exactly a princess instead a queen that is queen chrysalis as I really loved her concept, insect-like design, and how she was able to trick all of canterlot for some time one of my more recent oc's was highly inspired by her as she is a new breed of changeling

I'm fine with her too, a coincidence happened, she reminds a lot of people of the Queen of Blades when Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm was still fresh in many people's mind. Get it? Chrysalis' reverb voice and of course Changeling & Zergling.

Archived