Pets for Your OC?

TheWonderousPegasi

Here's the topic where you can talk about any pets that your OC would have, or what pet(s) you would like to have your OC have.

Here's what you can have:

-Animals of all kinds, as long as they are small enough (ex: rabbits, armadillos, foxes, etc)

-Phoenixes and similarly sized magical creatures

Here's what you can't have:

-Equine creatures

-Monsters (ex: ursa majors, cerberus, manticores, etc)

-Other sentient creatures (dragons, griffons, buffalo, etc)

-Any animal that is too big (elephants, rhino, etc)

Also to bear in mind:

-Make sure that you can raise the pet respectfully.

-Make sure you can afford to raise the said creature (the phoenix is a good example)

-Make sure you have enough space for the pet.

The animals/creatures in question don't necessarily have to be canon; they can be whatever animal/creature you want, just as long as they follow the rules. For example, lets take Therian, a teenage dragon. Here's his pets:

-Crimson (male phoenix)

-Sly (male fox)

-Emerald Dream (female snake)

-Sphere (male armadillo)

Hmm. Despite having so many OCs, my mind just rarely seems to go to pets. I really probably should have given pets to a lot more of them. Thinking about it though, I think only my rarely used filly character Hopesong has a pet, a black cat named Sable.

Even with my cast characters in the RP, I probably need to use pets more. I've had fun the couple times I've thought to bring Opalescence into a Rarity thread, but I rarely think to do so.

For Pathfinder, I imagined that she would like to have a chicken. Not a full blown chicken, just a little chick that she could put a cute hat on and act like her own version of short round that nopony would be too upset if, ya know, traps happened.

Jackpot is a kitteh pony. Could probably, might even, have an entire floor for his stuck up cat.

Valen isn't a pet pony. Not even an outdoors pony.

I didn't give any pets to my ocs, but if they were to have them;

Pyro would probably have a dog, Xan would probably have a snake, and Flora would probably have some small creature, like a bunny or something.

Time Spinner, my main OC, has a white raven named Nevermore. I think he's the only one with a pet though.

Gadget would probably have a mouse or a rat.

Aselia will, in her WoE app, have a pet salamander because I think that should be a thing.

Octavia, if I had given her a pet, might have a cat or some type of musical animal. Maybe a hummingbird.

Most of my characters are too busy for pets. My kid character Wind Walker would like a puppy (thankyouverymuch) but after the 'Great Sea Monkey Tragedy', that an't gonna happen. My OC Pocket Change sort of has a pet in the form of 'Miss Mouse' his little mouse pal who hides in his pocket, and you know she's a gal mouse because in cartoon rules, female animals have eye lashes and sometimes little bows...s0ve.png

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My two primary OCs don't have much time for pets. One being a Rogue in Pathfinder and the other is too much of an absent minded professor to get himself treated for his ringworm. There is an OC in the works currently (should I pick the project back up again) who has a Cybermat for a pet/PDA, because she's from the planet Mondas of Doctor Who fame. I'm not sure if that counts, now that I think about it.

My very first OC Autumn Dawn has a put fox named Trill. I never remember to put her into RP's with Autumn.

Same thing with my zebra Jani, he has a pet crow named Nyota (Star)...

Rainbow has a pet turtle named Tank of course ;)

Archived