Winter Wrap Up: Weather Team

RainbowFoxxy

Pathfinder.png

Ginger Kick started singing songs as they bucked and Pathfinder couldn't help but be pleased by it as she cartwheeled partially ineffectively through the sky. Where she met the clouds they lost, if not in the most elegant of manners. Ginger's song brought a moment of clarity and focus to the adventurous mare but just as quickly as it came it was drowned in a torrent of bad ideas, one of which quickly made its home in her mind. It wasn't long before it broke out ruefully into reality. In other news, Pathfinder had the singing voice of an estranged whale.

"Ooh, ooh, we're singing songs?! I have a cloud busting song too!" Pathfinder yelled as she grabbed Ginger Kick and shook as if she was trying to free her from a mountain of molasses. She then started flying, bucking awkwardly, and singing.

"I never meant to be so easy on you

One thing I said that I would never think of doooinnnnggg to yooouuuuu

A hit from you and I would fall from the sky like a rock without graaacceeee

And that would wipe the smile right from my face

Do you remember when we used to buuuuuuuck

And incidents arose because I kept on getting in trouble because of my baaad luuuuccck

One thing led to another and I was yoooooooooung

And the innocent bystanders would scream songs unsuuuuuuuuung

It was the BUCK of the momeeeeent

Telling me what my buck instructors meeaaannnttt

The BUCK of the moment showed in the SKKYYYYYYYYYYY!"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was that time of year again, and Silverbolt was a little later than he would have liked. He was a rather energetic and helpful participant last year, despite the fact that he wound up napping in the back of a snow cart after a rather arduous pull. He pulled in for a smooth landing, before shooting back up into the sky almost immediately to join the cloud clearing team. He didn't need any orders, even though it was his second one, he could play it by ear and come out okay. "Hay guys! Oh and hey Pathfinder!", he called out to the adventurous mare before flattening his ears to drown out the quite off key singing.

It was in his best interest to just get well clear of the pair, finding a spot somewhere over the Sweet Apple Acres to begin work. Within minutes, he was diving and rolling into clouds, singing his own song. He sung it well, keeping on melody for the most part. It certainly made him more energetic as he did his own thing, blasting clouds with a vengeance.

"Gimme an Allen wrench, gimme a quarter inch, we gonna work dat sucka to death, now

Gimme an Allen wrench, gimme a quarter inch, we gonna work dat sucka to death, ha

Gimme an Allen wrench, gimme a quarter inch, we gonna work dat sucka to death, yo

Gimme an Allen wrench, gimme a quaaaarta inch, we gonna work dat sucka to death now, C'MON!"

mXYNypt.jpg

Seems like her little declaration of the last one there being responsible for a special type of clean up had been a great motivation. She had to be sure to say something to them later on... for now though, Misty saw a small flock of birds that were straying a bit too far off course. Speeding towards the group in a sidelong approach she veered heavily to the side and tried to circle them in a manner to a rancher herding cattle. Her flight had to be erratic and go up and down on occasion to discourage some of the birds who were smart enough to remember that being in the air they were not limited to just moving forwards and backwards. So far her plan seemed to be working and slowly the birds began to merge with the rest of the flock as they made there way to Ponyville.

For the time being it looked like things were going fine so the ivory mare took off towards her teammate (Sky Flare)'s direction. Drifting near to his side she minded her space beside him to make sure she didn't accidentally run into him, you had to keep that sort of thing in mind when you flew in close proximity to another pegasus. While keeping her eyes forward (not that one could easily tell that) she spoke up to teammate,"How're tings goin' on your end, pal?"

"Professor Clyde Krashkop, reporting for duty, fraulien!

Rainbow couldn't help but smile at the appearance of the professor. He certainly seemed eager to help and her motto for this event was turning out to be "the more the merrier". She clapped the aged pegasus lightly on the shoulder as he went off to work.

"Glad to have you professor! I'm sure you'll help keep all these weather ponies in order!"

"Ok then. And my name is Raven Duskwing, but you can call me Raven. Everypony and griffon else does."

"Great! Glad to have you here for this Raven!" Rainbow called to the griffon as she flew off to get started on her work.

Hey Hey! I'm Wind Walker. Here to help. Here to learn! Just point me where to go, and I'll do both!

She turned to Wind Walker and offered a hoof bump in greeting. She could tell by the filly's rather wide eyes that Wind Walker saw her as so many other young pegusi did. Rainbow kept her ponysona cool and she smiled at the blue pegasus filly.

"You Wind Walker! Great to meet'cha! The name's Rainbow Dash! As for learning what to do...why don't you just stick with me? You can learn from the master!" She winked at Wind Walker in a charming and slightly cheeky manner.

After she had given the invitation to Wind Walker for her to follow, Rainbow decided to check in on her friend Cloudchaser. She flew up to were the pegasus was working and nudged her as she was speaking to Derpy.

"Hey Cloudchaser! How's these branches coming?" She eyed her friend. "You seemed a bit off back there...everything ok with you?" Rainbow was never overly chummy, but she could tell something was up and wanted to know what.

“It’s fun to get buried by snow! Seriously, it’s like being a living snowman. You should try becoming one today; it'll be your last chance before the next winter.”

Rainbow eyed Derpy as the pegasus jumped on branches, you never know what Derpy would do. Right now though, she did have a point. "Yep, it's cool to have fun with the snow, let's just make sure it's gettin' moved in the process!" She blew a few strands of forelock out of her eyes and turned to Wind Walker if the filly had indeed followed her. "Derpy's got an odd way of goin' about things, but she's alright. Just make sure you take your cues on Winter Wrap Up from me."

Dis task vill go much better if vee all vork together, ja?"

"Yep! That's the spirit professor!" Rainbow encouraged the green pegasus.

Rainbow Dash took a moment to make sure all her teammates were doing well with their assigned jobs. A few others had shown up and gotten to work and everything seemed to be running smoothly for the moment.

"Ok Wind Walker! You ready to bounce some branches Dash style?" She smiled at her new friend.

(slight auto on Wind Walker, having her come with Dash, will change if needed. :))

Flash had kept his focus on the task still at hand. His wings beat as he kept himself airbrone, It seemed that the other two were chatting. He didnt mind of course and flew up higher to scan the flock as they moved. Then the same blue bird he had chased not to long ago had broken away once again!

With a snort he took off after it. It lead him on a chase that took a course for the trees again. "Come on little bird! Just cooperate for two seconds please!!" He begged.

The bird looked back to him and stuck its tounge out.

Flash groaned, His eyes narrowed and he flew faster after it. The bird dove under a branch and Flash followed. It bobbed over snowdrifts, Its little form making it quite easy to make it hard for the larger blue Pegasus. The trees cleared out to a field It wasnt to far away but the bird had a mindset to fly far away. Flash began to catch up however and the bird had no place to zip off to.

"Allmost there!" he huffed as his lungs began to burn from the workout. He was so focused he didnt notice the large Oak tree that stood alone in the field. The bird zipped up and into the branches leading the tunnel visioned pegasus into it. "Gah!" he squeaked as he ran into the branches and got his vest snagged. He fell and hung from the branch shaking his head of the leaves and stars that patroled it. When he gained clarity he saw the bird flying infront of him.

"You stinker..." Flash huffed.

The bird chirped and flew up onto the branch Flash hung from. It seemed to laugh at him as he hung there flailing a bit to get his vest free. He soon gave up and let himself hang. "Dumb birds..." he said as he hung from the branch. He looked up to the bird as it sat on his caught vest, "Could you help me please? Just a bit?" He asked. The bird looked as if it was thinking then chirped a quaint. "No"

Flash struggled a bit more before letting himself hang again. Hopefully the branch would snap with his weight in time.

34rstvk.jpg

The little filly was rather surprised to be greeted so warmly by the elder mare, "Will do Miss Dash!", Wind Walker responded ever so cheerfully as she followed the Pegasi, but not too closely. She silently observed Rainbow Dash as she surveyed the other ponies as they did their best to rid the village of winter. After living in Canterlot for the majority of her life, she thought it was almost quaint to see the 'wrap up' being handled this way, but as they say, 'When In Roam, do as the Roamons do.' She watched Rainbow as she had a short discussion with a pony she was very sure she had seen before. The pretty blonde mare had the same eye issues as her grumpy Uncle Cloud Crusher. He took to wearing an eye-patch to cover up his problem, but it made flying difficult and he was started to really get bothered when ponies would make silly pirate 'ARRRGH' sounds when he got near. "Will do!", she responded both to 'Don’t be like Derpy', and her new orders, which were to knock the snow from those branches.

Wind Walker's first attempt was hardly what the mare was asking for. Maybe the filly went too quickly, or maybe she should have aimed for the middle of the branch, but instead of striking the tree and sending its snow down below, where it could be collected by the earth ponies, the little blue pony bounced off the branch and was sent hurling into the air. After realizing what she did wrong, Wind Walker attempted another go, this proved to be far more successful as the majority of the snow was quickly vibrated from the tree. What was left over, was quickly removed once the filly struck the branch for the second time. "I think I might have this down pact! Thanks Miss Dash!"

“What’s the problem with that? It’s fun to get buried by snow! Seriously, it’s like being a living snowman. You should try becoming one today; it'll be your last chance before the next winter.”

Cloudchaser gave a weak nod as she considered what Derpy had said. "Yeah, can't really argue with that! Few things are more awesome than playing in the snow... even when Flitter gets all worried I'll catch cold..." she said, ending on a sigh.

She then shook her head and took on a more serious expression. "but it's different you know. If you want to get buried in the snow it's one thing. If you don't want to get covered in snow though, and you do by a careless pegasus who's not watching the ground below her, it can ruin your day," she cautioned. She didn't want to sound too strict. She wasn't about that. She was Cloudchaser. Easy-going was practically her middle name. That said, and maybe it was just silly concern rubbed off on her by Flitter, but she believed in being mindful of others whenever one could.

"Hey Cloudchaser! How's these branches coming? You seemed a bit off back there...everything ok with you?"

Just then, Dash came toward her. This time, she got her name right. Cloudchaser wasn't really sure what to think or say. She had acted like the big goof she was, in the end though, huh? Spacing out and not saying anything to Dash until she was already so far away: it had to look rather silly.

"Umm... it's nothing too important, Dashie..." she said with an awkward look downward. She shook some snow from a nearby and still full branch of Derpy's tree when she happened to notice the ground was completely free. "I just... you know, I space out sometimes..." she said with a laugh.

There wasn't really much reason to dwell on it, right? no one else seemed to have noticed, including Dash herself. Bringing it up now would just add awkwardness onto the awkwardness. "The branches are going great so far!" she added with a nod, flying over to another nearby tree and giving it a good shaking until all of the snow was down.

zfixbanner_zpsee587cff.png

Crimson rushed from the train station, scarf and saddle bag in tow, and headed straight for Ponyville. Ugh, he ended up so much later than he anticipated thanks to a surprise run in with a few chatty friends and multiple problems during transport. But now he's here and hopefully not too late. In his saddle bag was a blue sweater and a pair of ice skates. He prepared with the possibility of being late clear in his mind.

After hearing about the Ponyville winter wrap up tradition from a friend, Crimson had wanted to get in on it. Wrapping up all of winter, without magic? It was an intriguing notion indeed. He was however too busy to join in last year so he tried his best to make it this time.

As he neared the little town, Crimson rapidly glanced around. Snow was still present, birds still needed direction, winter clouds needed bursting and... a hah! Ice still needed melting. Specifically ice from the frozen lakes of Ponyville. Perfect. With his expertise in figure skating, he should be rather useful in regards to breaking up the ice.

A faint sound caused his ear to twitch... what was that? Was somepony yelling in distress? His pace quickened into a gallop upon hearing the voice. When he approached the area, he shouted a bit louder than he originally meant to.

"Is everything alri-!?"

His sentence fell short as he looked up to realize a black maned pegasus mare with a tan coat was just singing. Well, attempting to anyways. Crimson took a deep breath before a bit of blush found it's way onto his face. He felt bad and somewhat embarrassed to mistake her singing for distraught yelling. Hopefully she didn't notice his little display of unnecessary concern.

After creeping a small distance away, his eyes scanned around the other blue vested ponies working hard to wrap up winter. He was hoping to find the team leader, but didn't know what signified their status. Just then, a rainbow maned pegasus with a blue coat caught his eye. What a unique color scheme that was. He was not sure he'd seen anything else like it. As he watched her, he noticed she seemed to be surveying the other members, giving them instruction and direction. She must be the leader.

Being an earth pony, he had a hard time catching up with her as she darted around in the sky until she finally settled near a snowy branch. It appeared she was showing a little blue filly how to knock snow from the branches. Crimson decided to wait until that was resolved before speaking up.

"Excuse me miss? Are you team leader by any chance?" He gave a timid grin, scratching the back of his head. "I just got here and, well... I wanted to know if you needed somepony to help break up the frozen lakes? If there aren't any winter team vests left I've got a blue sweater in my saddle bag if that's alright with you."

2mcczdx.jpg

For someone who had some difficulty sounding lively this morning, Derpy Hooves sure was waking up fast. All the work she was doing with the snow was more than enough to make the young mare more energetic and aware of her surroundings... mostly. For her part, Derpy didn’t get Cloudchaser’s claim that an unintended snow burial could ruin one’s day. Not unless they were wearing something fancy or carrying something that could be damaged by piles of deposited flakes.

Miss Hooves did notice though when Cloudchaser spaced out in Rainbow Dash’s presence. That was odd, really odd. Maybe Derpy should figure out what’s up with her team buddy? Flying over to the tree Cloudchaser was working on, the gray pegasus hovered beside the other as she asked; “Soooooooooo... anything on your mind lately, Cloudy? Running into any trouble lately?” Only Derpy Hooves could ask such awkward questions at the most inappropriate of times.

As the elderly green Pegasus stallion hovered between Cloudchaser and Derpy Hooves, the reaction coming from the blonde mare with the bubbles cutie mark seemed awkward. But then Professor Krashkop remembered his other encounters with the young winged mare. Derpy is a good hearted pony who means well but often she'd say or do things that were unintentionally goofy. That being said, although both Pegasi mares seemed to be ignoring him, they also appear to have resolved their differences without his advice. As long as the conflict was resolved, that's a big plus.

"If you two frauliens vill excuse me, I tink I vill go clear some more clouds now," the Professor said, flying up higher into the sky and kicking some more clouds with his hind legs.

Sky watched the birds more closely after the little blue one nearly escaped. He was so enthralled that he was startled when he heard a voice from next to him.

"How're tings goin' on your end, pal?"

Sky had to pause a moment before he got his bearings. "F-fine," he replied. "I almost lost one, but he didn't get too far," Sky glanced towards where he had last seen the small creature. After finding him, he also noticed that Flash wasn't at his usual spot. Sky surveyed the area and saw that he wasn't anywhere around the flock either.

After a few seconds of searching, Sky saw a commotion in a tree that wasn't too far away. "Um, I'm gonna check something out real fast. Think you'll be fine here for a bit?" Without waiting for an answer, he flew towards the tree, shouting "Thanks!" as he flew.

Upon arriving at the tree, he found the blue pegasus hanging from a branch, a bird perched on top. "Need some help?" Sky tugged at Flash's vest until it came loose. "The little guy got the best of you, huh?"

Flash was resigned to hanging with the bird being the triumphant winner. Then one of his team came to his rescue thankfully. With a tug his vest was free and so was he. "Thank you so much...yes this little one wont behave." he sighed.

The bird gave a chirp much like mocking the pegasus male.

"Hey! its a simple task! Why cant you just listen to me...Please?" He asked nicely although he was showing frustration.

The bird chirped and crossed its wings shaking its head.

Flash sighed and lowered his head. "There is nothing i can do to make you happy?" He mumbled. The bird seemed to think for a while before giving another chime. It flew off leaving the two Pegasai alone. "Why? Why am i so bad with animals?" flash asked himself as he shook his head.

He looked to Sky and smiled. "Thanks again...i couldnt get down on my own without tearing the vest. I owe you somce Coacoa Eh?" he chuckled as he patted him on the back gently before retracting his hoof. "Heh sorry..." He appologised placing his hooves behind his back. "W..we should get back to the flock. I guess ill follow you." He said calmly.

"The branches are going great so far!"

Cloudchaser seemed back to her old self now, which was a relief for Rainbow. "Awesome! Well, keep up the great work then!"

I think I might have this down pact! Thanks Miss Dash!"

Rainbow smiled and swooped up to join her new little friend and the other pegusi that were working on the branches. After a while she smiled at Wind Walker and spoke to her before taking off.

"I'm gonna go see what that earth pony down there needs." She pointed to Crimson Spry. "You can stay here and learn more from my friend Cloud Chaser or you can come with me."

"I just got here and, well... I wanted to know if you needed somepony to help break up the frozen lakes? If there aren't any winter team vests left I've got a blue sweater in my saddle bag if that's alright with you."

"Oh yeah! The lake, forgot about that one for a minute! Yep, that would be great! Sure, wear your sweater if you want. Did you bring skates with you?"

Everything still seemed to be going along smoothly enough for the moment. At this rate the weather team would be finished in no time!

GingerKickBanner-1.png

Ginger giggled as other ponies joined in her singing, One apparently named "PathFinder " (wow her parents set such high goals for her, expecting her to find paths and all) ended up grabbing her and shaking her, making her giggle, and move a hoof up to grab on to her hats..The poor dear sounded like a dying bullfrog but Ginger liked her enthusiasm!

"AH DON'T WANT TO SET EQUESTRIAAA ONNN FIIIIRE!" She sang out at the top of her lungs, bucking a cloud REALLY HARD to end up busting it into billions of pieces "Ah just want to start, clearing the skkkkyyy! Ah have just but oooone dessiiiiiiree!" She forgot the rest "Something something rhymes with fiiiire!"

Ginger had been bucking this whole time, now the sky seemed rather clear, and she zipped over, doing a loop towards Rainbow Dash, wings flapping slowly as she hovered "Pardon me Miss Dash but t' clouds seem right dang clear ! Is there any other job ya need me to lend a hoof to? Bird retrieval, snow shovelin, lollygagger proddin?!?"

Please, please PLEASE the last one!

dzpMPU3.png?1

Punk snored loudly into the fluffy cloud on which he was sleeping face down with his hoofs widely spread. His entire body rose in the same pace as his muffled inhales that never failed to make white tuft shake. The cloud hovered just above the ground by the rim of ponyville. Punk had been resting very hard all morning to be fit for the wrap up. He even brought his blanket for the special occasion and was now ready to face the very heavy duty as a weather-thing-pony-whateverit'scalled. Punk yawned loudly, stretched and placed himself resting his chin on the cloud while he gazed forward with a puffed-up face beaming with boredom. Punk really disliked early mornings and that is why he had been forethought enough to sneak away with one of those weather-pony-symbol-things the day before. He had even managed to get himself the required items to sew the symbol onto a piece of blue fabric which made him a scarf that he had tied around his neck. Now he looked like one of those cool bandits from the comics, that he claimed to never have seen or read, which was pretty awesome. Punk unfolded his wings and began flapping them one at the time to slowly make his way into Ponyville, rowing his cloud to glory and workmanship with the face of a foal dragging his hoofs behind.

He had gotten more brisk during his travel into town. Punk had ditched the cloud and blanket and was now flying upside down with his hoofs behind his head enjoying the cloud free sky. The team sure had done a great job with the busting! Closing in to the main part of town he turned, looked up at the ponies flying around with blue vests, none of them carrying such a cool blue scarf as himself, and sighed happily. Most of the job was already done. Punk scouted out a blue mare who beamed like a leader from afar simply by the way she carried herself and he was pretty sure that she was the one to talk to. The the mare with the rainbow mane seemed a bit busy talking with two ponies and Punk knew better than putting her in the crossfire of three ponies demanding her attention. He knew, from his own experience with Windy and her pals, exactly how that would feel. Punk began to wait for a little while but was soon bored and decided to "holler" at them.

"AAAAAAND IN COMES PUNK WALKER! Greetings, my ladies and gentlecolt." He shouted, though lower and with a chivalry touch at the last phrase as he flew in and offered everypony a wide smile. He executed and deep bow accompanied with several advanced movements with his hoof. "Punk walker is my name and I have been told that this is the place for the Ponyville winter wrap up. Is that correct?" Punk asked and turned his head to Rainbow dash and offered his hoof. "I apology that I am late, you have no idea what I had to do to get here." Waking up was indeed harder for Punk than it might seem. Punk then noticed his little sister Wind Walker in the background and yet a wider smiled grew on his face. "I see that my sister made her way here quicker than I. Hey there, Windy! What on earth did you tell our parents to let you come here by yourself?" His eyes flickered back to the blue mare. "So, what would you have me do? You're not done yet, are you?"

Pathfinder.png

This Gingerkick knew all the rocking modern tunes of Equestrian rock and roll and pop and musicals and...and what other genres were there? Pathfinder didn't know. Was she singing a rock song or a dancing song? She didn't even know the name of it. Or who made it. Or what it was about, really. She had heard it a while ago and how she had it pop into her mind was a matter of great mystery! Mystery and excitement all day everyday if pathfinder was involved. And today, it was going to be mystery singing time with Gingerkick the Gingerkicker of clouds. Bustin' them left and right in line with the song, Pathfinder made it work. She couldn't help it if her back legs were CLOUD BUSTING ANIMALS. They couldn't be stopped. They couldn't be contained! They were just lethal weapons sitting attached to her rear. Cloud after cloud fell under her relentless assault as the pursuit of musical perfection between Gingerkick, Pathfinder and- oh, hey, look at that! Silverbolt was joining in on the fun too with another song! It mist have sounded beautiful. Sadly for Pathfinder, she had been near sixteen too many explosions to have any idea if they were doing very well.

She would just have ti assume they were all combining to make some awfully beautiful music together. As the sky started to clear from all the excessive cloud destroying they were doing- she almost forgot to remember how elite and effective her flying towards a cloud while flipping her front legs all about her strategy was- Pathfinder's mind turned to more important things. Like band names. they needed to have a band name. They needed to be in a band! Maybe they could make music together while exploding fragment arrows went off all around them. That'd be a cool looking projection! Who wouldn't pay twenty five twenty five for the privilege of watching adventure from the safety of your educational classroom? Pathfinder sure would. She had! She had done so many times and sometimes it was a dark room and the projector didn't even start. She never got her bits back. Until today and their cool band, that was!

"Silvy and you," Pathfinder grabbed Ginger in a half hug and then released, "and I, we should all be in a band together! Our songs would be the best songs. They'd play our songs at festivals and when we fight dragons and are getting consumed by sapient tapioca. Oh, oh, better: Acapella! No instruments, just our super cool voices, I can be the bass," She coughed to clear her throat, "bah, boo, ba ba boo, boo, boo, ba ba ba boo, ba boo boo boo boo! See, just like a bass! SILVERBOLT SHOW OFF YOUR MOUTH DRUM SKILLS!"

34rstvk.jpg

Wind Walker quickly finished knocking off the rest of the snow from her tree, making sure not to actually break the branch in the process. She had to be quick, she had to strike the branches in the right places, and she had to hit it just right. The little filly was rather pleased with herself as the older pony asked if she wanted to come or go. "Ooh! If you don't mind, I'll come with you.", while Cloud Chaser, who reminded her a bit of her cousin Storm, looked friendly enough, the little pony knew that she just couldn't pass up the chance to learn from one an honest-to-goodness hero of Equestria! As she followed the blue Pegasi, the filly had to cover her ears as yet another very silly pony popped into view. This pony was in the middle of singing, or at least attempting to.

As she waited for Rainbow Dash to relay orders to the silly singing mare, she noticed her brother was now sharing the skies with her, "Oh, hey big brother." 'As if there weren't enough silly ponies about, their king has arrived! All hail King Punk Walker!', Wind thought to herself before quickly added, "Of course I told our parents! After what happened during Nightmare Night, they've been really cautious about me going anywhere, but they knew pretty much everypony in town would be here, and seriously.", she glanced over at the rainbow-maned-mare, "I'm learning from her. The best! And to answer your other question, no, we're not done. Winter still needs to be wrapped up!"

While the clouds appeared to be cleared up, there were still plenty of trees with snowy branches and the ground was still looking very wintery. The lakes and ponds were still mostly frozen. "While I'm helping, I hope to learn everything so when it's next year, I'll be wrapping up winter like a pro. Oooh yeah!", she reached into her jacket for a pair of sunglasses, but instead found some gum. Which she ate, "Mmmm."

As soon as her 'instructor' was finished hoofing out orders, the filly quickly followed after her, "Bye-bye Punky!"

Things were all according to plan.

Everypony had their tasks, and were performing superbly.

Time to give these Ponyville chumps some snow to go with their snow though.

While the urge to make amends had always crossed Lightning's mind, the urge to settle the score had equal footing in her mind when it came to Rainbow Dash. At the end of the day, being cast aside so easily by somepony claiming moral high ground above her wasn't going to go unpunished in her book. Sure it was a bit petty, but for the unofficial suspension and not a word after, it was fairly infuriating to know that she had easily called the other mare a rival, and was close enough to friend before she had to snitch her out.

In what Lightning Dust felt was proportionate retribution, she approached Ponyville with a mass of cloudstuff, white for now, to disguise the intent of her movement. When quizzed by a nearby pony what she was doing, the mare simply sneered and kept moving. As if she owed anyone from this loser town an answer.

She planned to get into the mass of white she delivered and give them a real winter to wrap up.

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder was buzzing with energy at the idea of a three pony band touring the nation and causing all manner of mischief using their elite vocal talents. They would sell out arenas and be the most super famous and awesome musicians of their era. Statues would be erected in their honor, but it would be a ruse! Because they'd secretly be adventurers who used the traveling band concept to cover up their cave spelunking and evil doer defeating ways. They would all accumulate such great treasures but never keep them or sell them, but donate them randomly and anonymously to all sorts of museums! The final tally of their career would not be told in their sixteen platinum selling records or owning every musical record in the world, but by the fact that when they wanted to adventure they had to go to places as far away as Saddle Arabia to find any. Now that, that was awesome sauce! Nopony who was anypony could deny them their glory then and nopony would want to on account of them being the most beautiful singing group of all time. Maybe there would be musical based traps!

As Pathfinder pondered this, she was still bucking clouds. The sky was looking increasingly barren which was a matter of grave disappointment. She liked kicking things. Usually she liked kicking dragons or monsters, even specialty traps. But cloud bucking wasn't a bad way to live a life! The impact of hoof on cloud was always a little exciting to feel. For an earth pony or a unicorn clouds must have felt terribly boring but to a pegasus they were more exciting than nine fireworks going off against ten fireworks. The crunch, the solid form giving away and the cold but pleasurable inside giving into the force all in one quick move was a sensation some ponies would die for. Some probably had: Pathfinder surely hadn't seen every type of trap in Equestria. Maybe there was a cloud trap that had some sort of addictive flair to it so ponies spent the rest of their days kicking at clouds. There were worse ways to go.

But all was not for naught! The sky grew more barren but that didn't end it, it seemed. Some clouds were being moved in, a huge white collection. It seemed odd that ponies would bring clouds in but she could quickly come up with a reason. Maybe they were worried about a fast moving storm front that would come in later and wanted it to be taken care of. It didn't matter. What did matter was that Pathfinder had enough boundless energy to shoot off towards it without a second thought, not even stopping to wave her friends- they could follow her if they wanted but she was going to buck that cloud collection into next the decade one way or another! And so a khaki blur of movement shot out towards the cloud collection, giving a wild "WOOOOOOOO!" as it did so.

Lightning kneaded the cloudmass from behind with her hooves, letting the...not hate. But... Hmm. The.. There was a word here, but for the life of her, the mare could not pull it together. So she went with not-hate.

Letting the not-hate flow through her, the cumulus became cold, and eventually grey. While Lightning wasn't the biggest fan of snowstorms, she'd make an exception in the interest of causing disruption and discomfort. There was no doubt in her mind Dash would come running to stop her, only to realize it was too late, and they'd have a-whole-nother winter to wrap up. She grinned wickedly and powered on, getting the soon-to-be storm nice and ready when she heard a noise.

Was it a bird? Nah, those didn't get louder in proximity.

A pedalcopter? Highly unlikely.

Another pegasus. Probably. Wait...

"Ponyfeathers!" She swore, turning her head to the speeding Daring Do heading her way. Wait, Daring Do? She handled natural disasters? Since when? The last movie adaptation Lightning had seen said she was still raiding tombs and arks and things of that nature!

"Hey, wait, back up! Comin' through!" Shouted Lightning Dust back, trying to move along while shouting at the oncoming interloper.

"Oh yeah! The lake, forgot about that one for a minute! Yep, that would be great! Sure, wear your sweater if you want. Did you bring skates with you?"

Crimson responded with a nod. "Yes, miss. I brought my own skates." He glanced towards a nearby lake. "I guess I'll get to it now. Thank you!"

He immediately pulled his sweater from the saddlebag and began to put it on. When he tried to slip his head through the collar, he missed the opening and got his head stuck in the sweater. Just then, a loud voice boomed through his ears.

"AAAAAAND IN COMES PUNK WALKER! Greetings, my ladies and gentlecolt."

"What the blazes was that!?" Crimson's muffled voice exclaimed through the sweater. When his head finally popped though the opening, his eyes darted around to find whoever that voice came from. When he caught sight of the culprit, his eyebrows narrowed for a moment as he slipped his hooves through the sleeves.

Punk Walker, as he was very obviously named, was a white pegasus with a red mane and tail. And as Crimson watched him, he couldn't help but cringe at his behavior. Being one to rely heavily on manners and good etiquette, Crimson wasn't particularly fond of such an outspoken demeanor. But despite his feelings towards the stallion, Crimson resolved to keep such things secret if possible.

He began to creep away, hoping he wouldn't capture the attention of the pegasus, and headed for the frozen lake. After approaching the lake of ice, he retrieved his skates from the saddlebag and fastened them to his hooves one by one. With a quick trot forward, he was sliding across the ice, feeling at home on the frozen surface. Initially, he focused on the task at hoof. Creating incisions in the ice to make it easier to break up. But as time passed, Crimson figured a little showing off couldn't hurt.

He began to dance on the surface with grace and skill, taking a few glances now and then to see if anypony was looking before displaying a few well executed spins. He felt himself puff up as he imaged how amazing that must've looked from a distance. But as he formed a circle one too many times, the ice below his hooves started to cave.

"Oh no..."

His hooves rapidly struck the surface, trying to get away but the lack of friction wouldn't allow it. "No no no no no...!" A faint 'sploosh' was heard as he plopped into the icy water.

After the initial shock, he opened his eyes and scanned the ice above, quickly locating the point it was broken. He kicked his legs through the water and propelled himself to the surface. As his head emerged from the water, he gasped for air. "Mother of Celestia that is COLD!" Crimson tried to pull himself up, but the ice was far too weak and crumbled under his weight. He certainly didn't want to bring such an embarrassing accident to everypony's attention, but he had no other choice.

"Help! I fell through the ice and I can't get out!"

GingerKickBanner-1.png

Ginger giggled as again she ended up in PathFinders embrace, and was about to comment when she heard a shout for help, her eyes widened as she quickly scanned the area..A bright red maned Earth Pony had fallen through the ice! Oh dear it shouldn't be crumbling like that..that was bad, that was real bad... "Yeah..a band..sure!" She said to Pathfinder "Scuse me a second sug!"

With all the speed she had Ginger ZOOMED down towards the ice, hooves pointed forward , quickly reaching the spot, hovering over the ice, taking a breath "Hang on I gotcha!" And dropping down to scoop the stallion up...CRIPES he was heavy! She flapped her wings hard to hoist him out of the water, via holding him under the arms, sorta dragging him to shore, his hooves liiightly skidding on the surface of the ice, until they reached solid ground.

The moment the stallions hooves touched the solid ground, Ginger sorta dropped, cringing because now her wings ACHED! She'd never actually carried anypony before and that had been hard "..Ghn..you okay Dumpling..? That was too darn close.."

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder was world renown for her awesome and spectacular hearing. They wrote poems about in Okeanos and songs about it in Stalliongrad. In the caves of the Nimbusgait she had used it to avoid not falling into a boobytrap. In the Cave of Splendor outside of Manehattan she had deftly abused her awesome hearing powers to not hear the warnings of her compatriots. The most powerful ability in all of hearingdom was the ability to ignore everything you heard that you didn't approve of. And lo and behold, or not behold but a word similar to that for the hearing, as she raced towards the epic cloud cluster of destiny foretold to her by nopony but desired by most, she heard something. Somepony. Somepony crying out against the coolness, the adventurousness, the subtle sensual sizzling and stirring, perfect pegasus known as Pathfinder. But sadly for whomever that was, that cloud had adventure written in soft cotton looking contrails all over it and the only way to take part was dive in hooves first.

"Take this, not so randomly appearing cluster of storm clouds!" She bellowed with fiendish excitement as she made contact. A moment later, she burst through the back and narrowly missed some pony. Somepony not as adventure laden as the Pathfinder, but heck, who was? She stopped in midflight several feet away as small dots of snow peppered her mane liberally. In all the chaos, her pith helmet stayed on in great fashion.

"Ha, see that cloud? Nothing but a-" Pathfinder began before the cloud started to rumble. She drew closer. And it rumbled some more and she looked excited.

"Hey, cool! It's gonna BLOW!"

"Hang on I gotcha!"

Crimson felt a mixture of immense relief and embarrassment as a pegasus mare came to his rescue. She grabbed him from under his arms and pulled him from the water. Crimson exhaled in relief as he shivered under the mare's grip. "Oh, t-thank you so much miss." He said as she lifted him across the ice on unto the ground.

The mare collapsed into the grass the moment he was dragged to safety. "..Ghn..you okay Dumpling..? That was too darn close.."

With fear out of the way, embarrassment fully engulfed him. His face burned a deep red while the rest of him was chilled to the core by the icy waters. He normally disliked his tendency to blush excessively, but it was a welcomed sensation considering how freezing cold he was at the moment.

"Y-yeah." He spoke through chattering teeth. "I'm Ok-kay. Thank you so much."

He quickly slipped out of his skates and blue sweater and cast them aside before shrinking into a shivering, bashful mess. "Wow, this is p-pretty embarrassing. S-s-sorry about all of this, ma'am. I wasn't being very c-careful."

He glanced around for a moment before turning his attention back to the mare with a sheepish grin. "Do you know of any place I c-could dry off at?"

After getting warm, he hoped he could get back to helping with the frozen lakes. However, he wasn't sure the team leader would agree to that since he just made himself look like a foolish clutz.

3495bb0b76bdbdde8d6adbcac8d98299-d57cxg0.png

Twilight_Sparkle_logo.png

(CC)

((just so you all know, this was not my idea, I'm just running with what I was given, or something...))

Things were proceeded as normal, well as normal as one could expect when there was a bright purple flash, followed by a loud splash, followed by another flash underwater and a final flash onto the dry land, and a sopping wet purple alicorn stood there shivering, muttering things in ancient equestrian that sounded rather... harsh... Then a glowing circle of runes appeared around here and her mane, tail, and any unsecured clothing flapped up into the air, moments later the spell stopped and Twilight was both dry and warm, not to mention the area of ground was bare of snow and thawed, but she wasn't too concerned with that at the moment and it had done nothing to combat the black spots on her body where she'd been struck by lightning from the storm...

"Hey!" she called out "Hey, we have a weather emergency! There's a freak storm cloud rolling in from the everfree! Anypony who knows what to do needs to break away and help clear it out before it gets worse!" she paused "Only Trained experts, please! This storm is very dangerous!" the alicorn was trying to get her point across that this was important, while not making everypony panic, since she's already screwed up and caused a lot of worry with Applejack's team she knew she better make double-sure not to worry this team or the wrapup would never get finished on time and things could end up a lot worse.

Archived