Mane 6 pony Swords

kunio18

if the girls had really pretty swords and were being knighted by Celestia or something or in a RPG. i would 100% think that they would look certainly like this

each would have there own individual specs for might, speed for e.g

1me5f.png

Apple Jack

Attack: 100

Speed: very slow

Durability: 120

Ability: critical hit always

Twilight Sparkle

Attack: 35

Speed: Normal

Durability: indestructible

Ability: Lighting charges ( 15)

Final Fantasy 7? Never played if thats the game/movie/thing you were talking about :P Rainbow's reminds me of a sword that i had found in a game, cant remember which game but the blade was insane. Oh, and for me AJ's reminds me of a bast@rd sword

If you asked me for the stats of each blade based on their appearances:

Twilight Sparkle:

Attack: Varies based on magic, un-enhanced: as sharp as a dagger (Just look at the shape. Carrying it will hurt, it's awkward blade makes slashing difficult)

Speed: Moderately paced swordsman - Light rapier fast.

Ability: Magic-optimized (Magic focus rather than an actual hitting blade, a tool for magic channelling and amplification)

Rainbow Dash:

Attack: Just as lethal as a katana

Speed: Really fast. No really. Really fast.

Ability: Fast and Sharp (Light as a feather, sharp as a thousand spikes)

Rarity

Attack: It's just a regular rapier

Speed: Rapier fast

Ability: Can't think of anything here

Applejack

Attack: A pain from the depths of Tartarus.

Speed: Turtle slow. Many openings to be countered

Ability: Slow and Hard (Unbreakable, possibly unblockable, but really slow)

For Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie's blade, I don't really see a need for stats, they are after all a shortsowrd and a dagger. They're advertised as is, but might have a ability that relates to their Cutie Marks.

So there, have a short rant from me.

Hmm, rapier for Rarity, huh? i suppose I can see that, though I don't know. I can also see her with a sharp cutting sword, perhaps shaped more like Pinkie's. One of the great moments of her right from the pilot is when she grabs the sharp serpent scale and seems to use it as a blade, so it's easy to see her with something flatter and edged. Besides, it's hard to fight giant crabs when all you can do is stab.

The other designs are okay. I don't know. Some of them don't seem entirely practical. Definitely a little form over function, I think, but eh, the point is in how they look, I suppose. Twilight's I can forgive since it would likely just be for charging with magic. Fluttershy's doesn't really look like it'd do much good though. Pinkie's is probably my favorite, though I suppose there's little to complain about with AJ either.

Personally, if it was pony RPG time, I think Rarity's the only one I would even give a sword. Twi, if she needs a weapon at all, would get some kind of staff or rod, Dash would get like a pair of daggers or something that would benefit her speediness (or potentially a spear, for aerial thrusts), Fluttershy probably would get a bow or something similar so that she wouldn't have to get very close, Pinkie like a giant hammer or something ridiculous for the silliness, and AJ I see going unarmed or wearing shoes or gauntlets of sorts and just relying on her strength.

Hm. Honestly they are all about aesthetics rather than practicality. The only one that seems like it would be functional would be rarity's and even that seems like it would be off balance for a rapier due to more metal closer to the base.

The only way Twi's would work is if it was a magic conductor.

As for what Rarity said. I agree with most of his assessment. Though I'd probably give Rarity a Naginata or a War Fan.

Yeah, naginata and war fan are also very good options for Rarity. I think it's just that image of her cutting with the serpent scale, and also that most of the notable variations of the Rarity vs giant crab meme seem to give her a sword of some variety that that feels most natural to me. :P

None of these swords would be effective, Twilight and Fluttershy's especially. The only one I could see being wielded with any effectiveness at all would be Applejack's. Rarity's is okay

I find this thread very amusing... *just smiles*

on a side note... why does everyone want to give Dash daggers? She's not a thief!

on a side note... why does everyone want to give Dash daggers? She's not a thief!

Daggers and knives don't have to be thief weapons. Ninja used short swords and daggers (along with shuriken) because their chief weapon was their speed and surprise. They weren't thieves either (usually). Usually short weapons mean an advantage in speed. The longest weapons I could see Dash with are a kodachi or wakizashi. But honestly, CQC weapons like daggers and knives would suit her best for her speed.

The longer and heavier the weapon is, the more it would tax her greatest weapon. Weapons must be extensions of their weilder, maximizing their strength and minimizing their weaknesses. For Dash those would be short weapons. She would also be too proud to use any throwing or long distance weapons.

Ninjas far more often used farming implements or other 'normal' bladed or otherwise deadly everyday items since by and large 'ninjas' tended to blend in with the common society around them, notice patterns, and ambush their targets before leaving the area. The all-black ninja is a fictitious representation of how they were viewed back then, or a realistic interpretation of what ninjas actually were or how they tended to fight.

Dash would be a 'horse' archer. Those are the best things.

Points to ninja thief Dash in Read it and Weep... :P

And yeah, I think it works for Dash. I can also really see her as a lancer of sorts though. She looked good in the jousting gear, and I think it would work well if she wanted to fly around. :D

Ninjas far more often used farming implements or other 'normal' bladed or otherwise deadly everyday items since by and large 'ninjas' tended to blend in with the common society around them, notice patterns, and ambush their targets before leaving the area. The all-black ninja is a fictitious representation of how they were viewed back then, or a realistic interpretation of what ninjas actually were or how they tended to fight.

Dash would be a 'horse' archer. Those are the best things.

They used knives as well. Usually concealed. They also designed weapons that would blend into their character that they were playing. If they were a farmer they would use modified farm tools. Sai, nunchaku, chain and sickle ect. However ninja didn 't just do farmhands, they also infiltrated estates, and had to be servants. In such instances they used knives and other concealable weapons. Whatever matched their disguise they used. They also used egg bombs (really cool).

And she totally did look awesome in the lancer gear. But I don't see her using that as a main weapon. Perhaps one charge, the lance breaks and she switches to knives.

They used knives as well. Usually concealed. They also designed weapons that would blend into their character that they were playing. If they were a farmer they would use modified farm tools. Sai, nunchaku, chain and sickle ect. However ninja didn 't just do farmhands, they also infiltrated estates, and had to be servants. In such instances they used knives and other concealable weapons. Whatever matched their disguise they used. They also used egg bombs (really cool).

And she totally did look awesome in the lancer gear. But I don't see her using that as a main weapon. Perhaps one charge, the lance breaks and she switches to knives.

Dash would be a good lancer. It would also appeal to her moe.

The all-black ninja is a fictitious representation of how they were viewed back then, or a realistic interpretation of what ninjas actually were or how they tended to fight.

Actually, that image comes from japanese theatre where stage-hands wore all-black to blend into the background while they moved around props and such. From what I've read, most Ninja (both historical and the MMA-style) find that offensive to one extent or another, but sadly it's become a cultural icon...

And yes, I know that any weapon can technically be used by anyone (discounting training, obviously --- or a lack of accuracy if preferred) pop culture just likes to assign certain weapons to certain 'classes' such as you never see a Thief in media using an axe in battle, and if they are holding knives they're normally a Thief class (or "Rogue" if you prefer) and most people would be shocked if a ninja (dressed in all-black, of course) pulled out a gun, even in a modern media setting. likewise normally if you see a Katana, it's a martial artist (discounting anime, where everyone innately has the ability to grab a katana and use it at any time perfectly)

And personally, I don't think a spear looks good on Dash, I mean it can work, but it feels like she'd use a different weapon (I suppose daggers are an option, though that would unintentionally invoke the 'thief' class-type)

Just a funny thought: Dash doesn't use weapons, she uses Anime Martial Arts! :D :D :D

Rainbow Dash

Attack: 40

Speed: fast

Durability : 25

Ability : Chance to stun enemy

Rarity

Attack: 50

Speed: slow

Durability: 30

Ability: Pierce targets defense

Fluttershy

Attack: 25