Is anyone here from a different forums?

Tjb2000

I was banned from the MLP forums for having my avatar as Twilight with a grammar nazi armband, this was deemed "offensive" and I was banned. It was also very instantaneous, I mean couldn't they have contacted me and asked me to change it? But nope! They saw that the best course of action would be to ban me. Also they said I have a history of spammy posts. I put 2 random posts up in the area they were intended to be! Then I made another account to try and get a ban appeal and they said to not make a duplicate account to circumvent administrative action; how the hell else was I supposed to contact them? They never replied to my email I initially sent for an appeal so I had to try another way. Oh and also, when I did apply for an appeal on the forums they told me that they knew the armband didn't have a swastika on but it was "close enough to be offensive." I still think that this ban is complete bull**** and in the future my family plans on getting a new internet provider so... new I.P...

Has anyone else here had something like this happen elsewhere?

Not a good impression to make on a new website ya know? Announcing you were banned for something inappropriate, then letting us know you plan to go around your ban to use the site again?

How was it inappropriate? The armband had a G on it, no swastika. And I see your point I just kinda wanted to get that off of my chest.

• 2 weeks later...

lol QuickLime, it's just a Grammar Nazi symbol. They're not the salt wound of the earth, terrorists are.

Grammar Nazis are everywhere, they just have high standards for grammar.

I don't think it is ban-worthy, tbh. It isn't inappropriate.

But, telling us in this forum about your issue from ANOTHER forum in order to excuse yourself to get back in is inappropriate.

Forget about that forums. If they banned you for a stupid reason, then it's stupid to try to return.

lol QuickLime, it's just a Grammar Nazi symbol. They're not the salt wound of the earth, terrorists are.

Grammar Nazis are everywhere, they just have high standards for grammar.

I don't think it is ban-worthy, tbh. It isn't inappropriate.

But, telling us in this forum about your issue from ANOTHER forum in order to excuse yourself to get back in is inappropriate.

Forget about that forums. If they banned you for a stupid reason, then it's stupid to try to return.

Yeah, I have thought about it recently and I am not planning on returning there. It may have a lot of people there but if the admins are going to abuse their powers then I do not want to support them.

• 1 month later...

I'm from several different forums.

Which one would you like to know about?

I probably shouldn't talk about the one that I was ousted from though...

:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I got banned for the same place for the same reason. I'm still angry about it.

It's probably a different one from the one I was ousted from though.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny story... After I first started watching MLP, _THIS_ was the forum I found and joined... though over time I went to two other forums, and now came back!

Anyone who wants the full version (and a minor history lesson on the site) click below

For those who are new, Canterlot has actually gone through three "regime changes" since it's inception. The first I was not privy to, but the second was very heavy-handed about MLP being a *kids show* especially in the RP areas, to the point of "ponies don't bleed" (which has actually happened in CANON --- though with only a paper-cut) and "Ponies cant break bones" (Again happening in CANON) which drove me away after a few run-ins with a staffer who afaik is no longer among us. (Lots of other things happened too, but they're minor, more "the straw that broke the camel's back") I ultimately gathered up my friends and left, starting a new site, which lasted for around a year --- until the last regime change --- and as my site was dieing I joined a 3rd site, which last I heard was also dead now. Ultimately out of desperation I crawled back here, tail between my legs, but was pleased with how the new staff had turned the site around and it had changed for the better.

So for me it went Canterlot > My site > other site > Canterlot 

((If anyone for some bizarre reason wants to discuss this, please take it to PM, do not post it here for many different reasons))

The only other MLP related forum I am active on as a commenter is the Reddit MyLittlePony subreddit.  I do semi-regularly browse Equestria Daily, but I am just a reader/lurker there and don't actually comment.

You might see me post on MyLittleRemix once every lifeage, and even less on another non-pony-related forum where I got my start on the Interwebz... And I doubt anyone will ever see me make another post on the Ponytopia forum.

I'm not on a ton of forums, but I'm at least happy to say hat I've never been banned before. That's a plus~ xP

• 1 month later...

I usually post on ponychan, 8chan and 4chans /tg/ boards. I guess if we're discussing bans, I've gotten a few temp bans and warnings on ponychan and all my permas were on 4chan and 420chan back in 2011 and 2012 for pony posting.

• 3 weeks later...

First forum i joined was MLP Forums, this was after i finished season 2, but got banned for a reasonable reason, where i got defensive. But the plagiarism bit was absurd, i never stole from anyone. So i said no more and never looked back, but my friends from it are on skype, so no loss on my end.

Also joined WoE and Canterlot Forums. 

I used to be in Ponytopia, but it got trolled HARD. And I mean like, some guy got ahold of the admin profile, changed the name to something VERY vulgar and banned everyone. Then turned around and shut the site down permanently... I was NOT happy about that...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Came from WoE, but couldn't really say I liked it, and MLPF(first forum), was able to like it, but soon turned rude and left for my own reasons. Now I've come to stay here and at everypony.

• 2 months later...

Archived