S02EP01 - "The Return of Harmony, part 1"

No, I had the same feeling as well. The world was grayer, less colorful, the archvillain was a bigger villain than nightmare moon, and did meaner tricks on the ponies.

I am really curious to see the little girls' reaction to this episode, if we ever find a way to know it, to be honest.

Watching the episode in HD, yeah the world's full of grey and brown and washed out colors. I don't have a problem with it really but hey, I'm not a little girl. XP

I have two questions that are related to this episode and Canterlot,com

First of all, which member of this website will be the FIRST one to post a FiM Cast application for Discord?

Second, how MANY applications will there be for Discord?

Honestly, if I didn't already have two Cast chars, I'D apply for him!

Imagine what some RPer could do with him in the Crossover -- Equestria Past section?

This will be an interesting process to watch!

:D:D:D:D

• Like 1

All in all, considering they had to launch into the plot rather quickly, not a bad episode. I can see they had to make a lot of concessions to keep everything together.

Sadly, though Discord's entry is suitably dramatic, the entire plot is horribly flawed at the setup point. Considering what we learned about the elements from the original pilot eps it doesn’t make a lick of sense why they would even bother searching. Unless you're telling me that neither an immortal goddess nor her supposedly highly ‘intelligent’ student have made the childish leap of logic required to realise the Elements were never physical objects in the first place >.<

The trick with any illusion is to know where the rabbit is. In the case of the ‘locked room’ disappearance trick, it is safe to say the bunny was never in the box to begin with.

I have a feeling that, given how much Luna was mentioned in the setup scene, that we might see her step in to slap some sense into our heroes. Hopefully, now that the stage is set the next episode will be a real humdinger.

Honestly, over all I can't say I'm disappointed. It was brilliant entertainment with everything I've come to expect of the amazing show that they're creating. I'm just surprised at how forced and awkward the whole first half of the episode feels, dumbing down the some of the characters to the point at which it defies belief.

You know, actually, if this is how things really are; as in our heroes really wouldn't 'get it', then they deserve everything Discord throws at them. For now I'm rooting for our Chaotic neighbourhood Draconaquis. He and his amazing voice can whisk away my laws of causality any day.

• Like 1

That's same the background used at around the 20 minute mark of Bridle Gossip.

It's not unusual for backgrounds to get re-used. It's just that this one has a pretty big mistake, in the form of 4 Trixies.

Okay, how about this one (somepone pointed this out on youtube): Just after AJ gets hypnotized, Twilight Sparkle runs by... WITH HER HORN. She steps back around the bush, and her horn is gone. SHENANIGANS!

Also, I love your sig SO much.

• Like 1

Okay, how about this one (somepone pointed this out on youtube): Just after AJ gets hypnotized, Twilight Sparkle runs by... WITH HER HORN. She steps back around the bush, and her horn is gone. SHENANIGANS!

Also, I love your sig SO much.

I was actually expecting an animation goof SOMEWHERE in this whole thing. I mean, you make the characters with their wings and horns all the time... and then, suddenly, you don't. With the other animation stuff we've caught in the past, I'm seriously not surprised.

I'm actually going through the episode frame-by-frame right now, and I've found over 10 mistakes within the 5 minute mark. It's also a lot less stressful knowing I don't have another 25 episodes to do right afterwards. :20:

I think I'll do a Blooper volume every 2-3 episodes, unless they manage to get lucky and make several near-flawless episodes like Owl's Well That Ends Well in a row, which is fine by me, less mistakes to cover.

Once the season's over, I'll combine every blooper video together for another hour-long Season set. I'd like to make it several hours long, but Youtube size-restrictions force me to adapt.

By the way, one of the mistakes is Twist, who yet again has a blank flank! Makes me wonder how I'll do the blank flank thing considering she apparently hangs out with the "BLANK FLANK!" trolls DT and SS now.

Also, this time around, I'll make a list that includes EVERY mistake I find and post it on my blog. Moreover, at the end of each new blooper video, I will ask people who think they have a mistake I haven't listed to post it up on my blog.

That way, the second season set won't be missing too many key errors.

I enjoyed this episode. I was nervous when I first started watching it because things did seem to be going a little fast, but I can understand why they had to do what they did.

As far as people complaining about Celestia being lazy or stupid, if Discord ruled the world for basically an eternity before Celestia and Luna removed him from power, odds are he's a bit more tricksy or powerful than she is. To the point where the two of them had to use magical artifacts to contain him, these artifacts have no chosen new owners and are thus no longer usable by the Royal Pony Sisters. A commenter on EQD made a good point, if Celestia stands no chance without the elements, wouldn't her trying to help cause more harm than good? If Discord managed to corrupt her, what sort of destruction would an Allicorn who is normally supposed to literally be the light of the world cause?

So the rain is Chocolate! And from Cotton Candy clouds too!

Hmm, I thought this would be answered in the next episode, but I was wondering if I was right about the Elements of Harmony. That a Pony with the right traits can harmness the corresponding element and they become bonded to whoever uses them and changes it's form to match the Pony in question (in some senses they're like the Clow/Sakura cards from Cardcaptor Sakura). It also suggests that because she had to use them alone Princess Celestia couldn't return Nightmare Moon to normal because the elements aren't as powerful when they're all being used by one Pony so she could only seal her away until a Pony who was able to use the Element of Magic appeared and could bring other Ponies together to harness the other Elements

Oh and did anyone else notice when Discord hypnotises the Ponies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twwDquFU87o

Dessa's Picture: I see three Trixies, and a Pony shaped building

ah, all week I've been bored out of my mind waiting for people to post stuff, now I can't keep up with what everyone is posting x_X

I don't know if anybodycan tell that this is the first show I've ever followed the fanbase of. this is all new to me

It was very intresting episode even the story was a bit fast for me. I liked that Fluttershy was able to stand aganist Discord's manupalitions while Rainbow Dash the Element of harmony quicky failed but I don't blame her because sometimes it's very hard to decide who you be loyal to.

I guess now it will be Twilight Sparkle's job to free her friends from Discord's magic. I can't wait to see how they'll be able to catch up with Rainbow Dash to Applejack be able to hunt her down with the help of her lasso.

Anyone else spot the Derpy cameo?

She's in the scene with Discord showing Rainbow Dash Cloudsdale collapsing. It's a very 'blink and you'll miss it' scene and I'm not even sure if her eyes are derped or not. But you can tell it's her. :P

Yeah, I caught her, but I think half of her was off-screen at the time. You had to know what she looks like in order to catch it.