How did you find ponies?

Tam

I admitted to being a brony a few nights ago. I got quite a bit of hate from my friends but they got over it. The next day I noticed that there was all kinds of pony in their youtube recommendations when was at their houses. The seeds have been sewn. All I have to do is keep making pony references. :D

I have found that a great deal of the "hate" at least from the few friends that I receive it from in a general sense is because many bronies can be rather "in your face" about their love of the show and fandom. Moderation in everything is the key. I'm happy to talk about FiM with my non-bronie friends if they bring up the topic for one reason or another, but I don't attempt to push it on them (I do, if they bring it up, suggest episodes or the like, and sometimes they are open to the idea).

Most friends know because they have seen the bronie stuff around the house (wallpaper, art, even FiM figures) and fall into three categories as far as FiM is concerned: Bronies themselves, neutrals (some curious, some not interested), and a few "haters". Fortunately those in the last group don't let something as silly as being involved in the fandom and loving the show dampen the friendship, so I have that, and I don't bring it up with them anyway.

I discovered ponies while noticing a new channel on my cable box called "The Hub" and thought it'd be too childish. Gave the series a try and watched "Call of the Cutie" after some Skype friends were bronies and told me how awesome FiM is. Once you go brony, you ain't going back :D

It's kinda funny how I found ponies, cause it was by brother and Warhammer community forum, admin on this forum started a topic with Ponies and other watched it xD and i'm was one of this people. Now I "have on my account" 5 converted people into brony Already biggrin.png

well, I was going around youtube, and then I found something about bronies...

I was wondering, Whats a brony? and then when I found out, and leartn that many guys are like that, decided I should watch the show at least once....After watching one episode, I watched then other 25 episodes on youtube.....

And I loved it ever since.

I was just channel surfing one day last winter when I came upon the episode "Look Before You Sleep." I was going to turn the channel, but I became fascinated with Applejack, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle. I can't explain it, but from that point forward, I was HOOKED!

Recorded all 26 episodes, downloaded MIP FiM songs to listen to in my car!

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

ah, lessee here... um, I don't fully know the generations, so I'm basing this story off of this picture:

generations.jpg

I grew up with the G2 toys. when they changed to the G3, I thought they were so ugly, that I vowed never to buy another my little pony until they stopped making them so ugly.

two or three months ago, I found a set of FIM toys on our dining room table, and they weren't ugly :) then I log onto youtube and it recommends this video to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ-FYQv9Uvc

I was really curious about Derpy, and that's how I found FIM. the end ._.

thank you Derpy. you helped me find one of the best things that ever happened to me, which led me to one of the friendliest websites I've ever been on

Hmmm...

I was looking through a site devoted to fanart of dubious content when i began to stumble upon non dubious pictures of ponies. My thoughts at the time where as follows:

"WTFBBQ? i came here for the dubious content, get this clean stuff the heck away from here!"

So, some time later, i start to notice that these ponies are, indeed, everywhere. And not just on my favored site for dubious fanart. At this point i think to myself:

"The art looks flash based... did someone make a flash parodying MLP or something?"

So, i take a quick look around the internet and find out that there is a series. My thoughts at the moment are simply:

"Whatever..."

Following this, there are complaints at my favored site for dubious fanart from multiple users saying: "Why are all these clean pictures of ponies here? ban them people posting this stuff!"

At this point, i decided that i needed to know why my favored site of dubiousness was being flooded by clean pictures. So, i decide on watching the show for the sake of trolling ammo. The same reason i watch terrible, yet popular, anime like deathnote and naruto.

Then, the pink pony breaks into song! and all the other characters are all "WTFBBQ? she's singing?"

I burst into laughter. But it is not just laughing, like when someone farts and you go 'lol'. No, this was, this was...

JOY!

And my heart grew three sizes larger that day.

Oh, and i became a fan of Friendship is Magic.

So, in short: i discovered ponies through a dirty site.

• Like 1

I discovered Ponies through a friend, who did a review of the infamous "Cupcakes". Of course, me being the sicko I am, I loved the story. Then I watched the first episode: I was attempting to see Pinky Pie's descent into madness. Eventually, the Ponies drove me Brony, and they are just so adawwwwwwwwable.

In the famous words of Simon, from the Yogcast: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! :geek:

I first heard about the ponies back in February. A friend of mine mentioned how he liked the show; it didn't seem very unusual for him to like it, but I didn't think I'd ever be into it. I heard about it again when my sister started getting into it. Again, her being into it wasn't all that unusual to me; what was kind of unusual though was that it was her boyfriend who had introduced her to it. Still, I didn't even think about watching it.

A month or so later, I read "Cupcakes", out of curiosity after it was posted on a site I frequent and thought that was pretty weird. Still, I didn't investigate what it was based on. It wasn't until the end of May, when one of my other friends, and this time someone I never would have thought would be into a My Little Pony show said he was into it that I decided to investigate.

I was hooked from the first episode. Watched the whole series in two days. Then I spent a whole other day exploring youtube for fan videos. A couple weeks later I was completely obsessed and even writing my own FiM fanfiction.

If you mean mlp in general, I was born in 1986 and so in the height of their popularity! I had a lot of them, and even rescued ones from charity shops etc I wish I knew where they went, I assume my collection got left behind when we moved once. Huge bummer... i also watched the movies and tv shows, and also got the magazine and books!

If you mean FiM then I noticed a lot of gifs and such on tumblr around March, and googled it. At first I hated the fact they made a new mlp! I thought the style was so different! A friend at Kitacon 2011 started talking about it also, and persuaded me to check it out. After I learned it was Lauren Faust who designed it, that wavered my opinion a little, and after watching it... WELL! I was hooked!

I wa watching G1 transformers one night having grown up with it. Then sure enough I saw commercials for it and read about some of the brony stuff on 4chan. Grew curious and the first episode I spotted was actually the 1'st. It made me curious since it had plot and was pretty good. Then saw the second and fell inlove with the look of Luna, to bad she never came back.

I've known about the show for a few months from users on other forums, but had never got around to watching it. I was sick yesterday, so I had some free time and watched the first episode. And then I had watched all the episodes.

And then I was a brony.

Well, I first heard about it on Toonzone, when I was bored and wandered into The Hub section of the forum. I didn't really think much of it. A few months later, a pony thread popped up on another forum I frequent and it made me curious enough to check the show out, being the animation geek that I am. I watched Winter Wrap Up, and somehow ended up addicted to show.

I had exposure to pony stuff for a while [forum pictures and stuffs] and did not pay attention to it until i saw an avatar that got my attention. It was on an unrelated forums, i asked the guy what it was and he told me. I once again didn't go any further till about 3 weeks later when i just suddenly jumped and watched the whole series.

I'd seen the odd pony meme on the internet but didn't think much of it. Then I came across something describing it, maybe ED, and thought "k lol" and promptly forgot about it. Then I was watching tv on comcast when a preview of one episode came on in the on demand thing and I was like "wait that looks good." Boredom led to me actually watching it and it being good led to me liking it.

Well, if you hear something about something you check something out. And if it's awesome? You keep checking it out. And if you still like it? It's probably too awesome not to watch all the time.

But, to be honest. Ususually i don't pay much attention to fads, but this one was everywhere. After i saw the first episode, i watched the second one, and then the thirth one and then i just kept going. So now, everypony is waiting for Season 2 and till then... well, we have enough to chat about don't we?

I heard a ton of hype on dA and eventually on TV where they were showing it on the Hub channel. Oddly enough, I watched it on YouTube before I ever watched it on TV. Of course, I started with the Friendship is Magic premiere episode and was hooked instantly. I had never watched any other generations of MLP until G4, and I'm so glad I waited. ^^

I knew a couple people who were into FiM a few months before I got into it myself. One night in April when I was really bored, I decided to go watch an episode on youtube to see if it was any good. About eight or nine hours of "one more episode before bed" later, I had stayed up all night and watched all 23 of the episodes that had aired at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I am Snowmeow, and I am a Furry.

Somepony in Brazilian board FurryBrasil has commented about the MLP mania in DeviantArt and posted some two Youtube vids. I passed some months without mind, but curiosity really gets the cat, so I decided to watch.

And I didn't stop. :lol:

I've made a fanfic about G1 ponies, but it is too... Spicy. :D