Brony Confessions

weesh

Insulting your friends and forcing them to face their worst fear isn't necessarily the nicest thing. Her ego is the size of the moon, and she didn't learn her lesson for two episodes straight. It's that cockiness that really rubs me the wrong way.

Look back at her breakdown in Sonic Rainboom, and again when trapped in Ghastly Gorge, (not to mention her apprehension over her friends finding out she likes reading) she's very scared and insecure inside, yes, she is well aware of her abilities, but a lot of the ego is just a mask she hides behind to protect herself, I honestly think she and fluttershy share a lot of the same emotional problems, just handled VERY differently (fear of humiliation, fear of ostricization, etc) And had their circumstances been reversed, they might have ended up almost exactly in the opposite's position today (baring that Dash seems to ahve more physical strength than fluttershy - but that might be because Dash started training at a young age and if flutters had taken that rout instead she would have been much stronger)

And with the last episode "Hurricane Fluttershy" we see even more than Dash has a soft, caring side, and that she is hurt when her friends turn away from her, when her ego-mask is lowered, she's a completely different pony

Smile is one of my favorite songs, simply because of how happy it is and it's message. It's cheesy as can be, but who doesn't like seeing their friends smile? Also, dat beat. xD

Even though I don't, listening to that song makes me want to say hi to everyone I pass by haha.

Look back at her breakdown in Sonic Rainboom, and again when trapped in Ghastly Gorge, (not to mention her apprehension over her friends finding out she likes reading) she's very scared and insecure inside, yes, she is well aware of her abilities, but a lot of the ego is just a mask she hides behind to protect herself, I honestly think she and fluttershy share a lot of the same emotional problems, just handled VERY differently (fear of humiliation, fear of ostricization, etc) And had their circumstances been reversed, they might have ended up almost exactly in the opposite's position today (baring that Dash seems to ahve more physical strength than fluttershy - but that might be because Dash started training at a young age and if flutters had taken that rout instead she would have been much stronger)

And with the last episode "Hurricane Fluttershy" we see even more than Dash has a soft, caring side, and that she is hurt when her friends turn away from her, when her ego-mask is lowered, she's a completely different pony

The latest episode also shows Dash's maturity. In the past she would have freaked over things like Fluttershy not doing well and not being able to break the record. In that episode however she simply wants Fluttershy to try her best and easily accepts that they will struggle just to do the job

Yeah I was really impressed with Rainbow Dash in this episode. She had been one of my least favorite ponies because she was so insensitive and egotistical. While she wasn't the one that gave Fluttershy the courage to join the rest of the pegasi, she wasn't rolling in laughter at her puny wing power, which is what I would expect from her.

• Like 1

I read Rocket to Insanity, both versions, my heart was pounding in the original but my heart melted down as the level of D'AAAWWW!!! reached critical mass in the alternate ending. Plus I read pretty much every alt ending for Cupcakes as well. Why did I read those?

• 2 weeks later...

I confess that I saw a box of Two Bite Brownies and read the words as Two Bite Bronies.

On a related note, a friend recently said "I didn't konw you were a brony" and I heard "brownie".

I was watching the show with three kids, and two other guys came over. One is 19, and the other 30. They watched "party of one" with us. However, someone took a picture of the six of us smiling around my computer, and posted it to facebook.

I confess that I deleted the entry it created from my front page.

Finally wore my Fluttershy shirt around my grandma and grandpa. My grandma thought it was a very cute shirt and my grandpa didn't say anything about it but he is practically blind as it is.

I'll be completely honest in saying I don't understand Nurse Redheart's popularity one bit.

This was talked about in the FiMFiction chatroom last night, but it honestly still puzzles me. Bronies tell me it's "her color scheme" or the fact she's relateable to some adult Bronies as a nurse...but I work in law and community enforcement (I'm probably the only Brony that's a firefighter ever. Not even joking), and I just don't see how she's "relateable". She's only ever been on-screen 1-2 times, and she never left an impression on me. Bronies have told me to read "Triage", but I'm not sure it'll help...

I also must confess that...as soon as I became a Brony, I thought about converting my girlfriend. She watched a few episodes, then got extremely irritated by my constant spamming and referencing of it on my Facebook page, but suddenly she came out about a week or two ago and told me she liked Friendship is Magic and wanted me to basically give her the rundown of it. Awesome? Yes. However...I just find it odd that I felt the need to do it...

Yet another confession is that I have connections with one of the main pre-readers and staff members of Equestria Daily. I won't tell you who, and I won't go any further than saying he lives in the same town as me, and I go to the same high school as his sister (He's in college...and he lives a life that I couldn't even begin to describe the awesomeness of).

And honestly...I found Applejack to be an extremely boring character when I first started watching FiM. I found her just bland, uncharacterized and severly underdeveloped. However, after Super Cider Squeezy 3000 and The Last Roundup, I found that her character had a lot more to it. After reading a certain story by the author Crowley, I decided perhaps giving her character a chance wouldn't be the worst thing. Since then, I've seemed to appreciate her character more. She's still my least favorite of the Mane cast, but I have much more of a liking to her now.

I enjoy reading clopfiction and I've read Sweet Apple Massacre. I also like Friendship is Magic grimdark and gore.

I didn't used to get it...but I find the contrast absolutely FASCINATING now!

I have no desire to become a pony, to live in Equestria or for ponies to be real, whatsoever.

it's not like I'm not into wanting stuff like that, since I've wished for pokémon to be real and to live in my Animal Crossing town, but for some reason I don't get why you'd wish for ponies :l

I hate fanfiction (in general), and yet was compelled to read cupcakes due to overwhelming talk in the fandom over it... I found much enjoyment in it (I laughed at it, I blame Johnny the Homicidal Maniac on that reaction). Still hate fanfics though...

I hate fanfiction (in general), and yet was compelled to read cupcakes due to overwhelming talk in the fandom over it... I found much enjoyment in it (I laughed at it, I blame Johnny the Homicidal Maniac on that reaction). Still hate fanfics though...

Are you kidney me? I did the same thing -- read Cupcakes because of all the hype and I loved it.

Despite the controversial content, Cupcakes is great writing! It's pristine in the proofreading, polished, interesting, researched, and critically grimdark. Whats not to love?

To be honest, I read it as a black comedy. I thought it was brilliant black humor as well. Honestly, grimdark stuff, to me, is split into two categories... black comedy and tasteless drivel. The former is usually brilliant if done well, the latter is well... drivel. (though that is an oversimplification) And the controversial subject matter is what makes it such effective black humor. So I'm cool with it.