This is the official thread for information and chatting about the Twenty-first episode of Season Two - "Dragon Quest"! So come join the conversation! The thread will open up five minutes before the episode airs (11:55am Central/12:55pm Eastern). Remember though, there are spoilers in the comments section so read at your own risk if you haven't seen the episode! :blah:

Also, the channel #Spoilers has been opened on the chat (Type /join #Spoilers when in the chat to join it) for live discussion! Don't ruin it for everyone else!

Spike%27s_origins_S2E21.png

YAY!! New MLP episode!

DragonQuest! More about dragons!

Question: Where does dragon milk come from?

Answer: Short legged cows! Get it?

:D :D :D :D :D

SOOOO anyway..... it's almost SHOWTIME!!!

• Like 1

Rainbow Dash and Rarity actually interacting? :-o Yay. It's been too long since that's happened.

For as rare as Twilight said dragons were, there sure seemed to be a lot of them flying in that dragon migration...

That said, this is pretty interesting so far. I'll be curious to see Spike interact with the other dragons. :)

“I'm I the toast of the trench or what?”

Sorry Spike, Rainbow Dash is right. You are lame.

Also Spike, yes, you do waddle.

SPIKE DON'T CRY! DON'T CRY SPIKE! ;_;

“I'm gonna learn what it means to be a Dragon!” Hey, so are we?

“I could hang out with you guys forever?”

“Forever?”

FOREVER!

Now Twilight Sparkle is just like Princess Celestia! She has a Phoenix too!

ah, cutest episode D':

crying spike, and growling spike and blushie spike D': I can't even take it

and baby phoenixes! so cute. and the adult ones were so cool

and that dragon XD his name escapes me, but he was hilarious

also rarity's confetti carpet thing

as for the teenage dragons, I see characters like that ALL the time in cartoons. usually can't handle their lameness, but they pulled them off pretty well. I didn't even cringe! :^D and the guitar music was tolerable too!

• Like 1

This episode could have answered so many questions, but it kinda left me hanging. Glad to see phoenixes are still around. Also, is that newborn one going to be Spike's pet now? Rather bizarre.

I think my main disappointment is that dragons are once again portrayed as jerks to everyone but themselves (and even then...).

I guess I can deal with it if that's how they are supposed to be, though.

Pretty good episode, I thought. Maybe not quite as good as the last few. Definitely didn't reach last week's high mark.

Still, I liked it. Not a lot of laugh out loud moments for me, but it still had some highlights. Rarity and Dash being together the entire episode definitely made things fun. Rarity's dragon costume was pretty amusing too; I'm not sure that was her best effort...

It was kind of cool seeing some teen dragons in the show, especially since I have a teen dragon character in the RP (and she would have a low tolerance for all of those guys). Oh, and the phoenixes were awesome. Wasn't expecting Spike to get one as a pet in the end.

Not sure what else to really say. It was a kind of average episode, but had its moments.

the official theme for this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1nZo4srXKU

And for us old school 8 Bit gamers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI2Uqt7cWug

Anyway initial thoughts:

This was a good spotlight episode for Spike, a character who we rarely see now and barely know about.

While the humor in this episode was kind of meh the storytelling here was pretty decent and is a good example of not falling into peer pressure.

The Teenage dragons are like a bunch of idiot frat boys and rather if the older dragons are better we dont know.

I really hope to learn more about dragons in this universe next season though I doubt it, oh well.

Overall a decent episode, not the best of this season but certainly a good Spike centered episode and the best so far.

Loved this episode. Iron will's training has indeed stuck with Fluttershy. Spike has shown them dragons how he rolls and nice trench they made to dragon sight see.

If we learned anything is that you should always watch where your flying and never belly flop into lava, it will burn!

I think - no, I know it is - one of the most moving, exciting, wonderful, heart-wrenching, touching, romantic, powerful, eye-opening, tragic, perfect stories of friendship I've ever seen... post-1219-0-75088600-1332008543.png Looks like we have a new champion!!

Pretty good episode I thought. A very good episode for Spike, and some really good stuff for the mane 6, well, except Pinkie (who has been stealing the spotlight for the past few eps anyway) and AJ. Glad to see Fluttershy is getting the hang of this assertiveness thing (and she's pretty tough to knock down Rainbow like that!). Pity she hasn't gotten over her fear of dragons though. Phoenixes are pretty damn awesome. No wonder Celestia has one.

Speaking of the pony princess, interesting that the dragons knew her, but weren't particularily afraid. I wonder what was in that letter? It was clearly directed to Spike.... Maybe it was along the lines of:

Dear Spike,

I just thought I should warn you, don't go on the dragon migration. It'll suck.

Love Princess Celestia

Also, best line:

:20: I thought you were pretty nutty, but I've done plenty of nutty things!"

:-|:scream: "WE KNOW!"

:!:

(we need some Spike emotes!)

Question: Where does dragon milk come from?

Answer: Short legged cows! Get it?

:lol: Nice one!

Now Twilight Sparkle is just like Princess Celestia! She has a Phoenix too!

SPIKE has a phoenix. Twilight has her own pet :blush:

I think my main disappointment is that dragons are once again portrayed as jerks to everyone but themselves (and even then...).

I guess I can deal with it if that's how they are supposed to be, though.

TEENAGED dragons are jerks. Not unlike teenaged humans, really.

I don't know about this episode. Lots to like about it, but also, some of it left me confused.

SO, the 'Great Dragon Migration' is all about a bunch of dragons flying away just to sit around a huge crater?

And if the 'teenage' dragons were all bullies, why wasn't all the BIGGER dragons bullying THEM too?

And since when do all the dragons pile their gems together in one pile and let other dragons play with them?

Spike found out the hard way that DRAGONS DON'T SHARE (in 'Owl's Well That Ends Well')

Ok, I know this is just a cartoon, but still.....

Not the WORST MLP ep I've seen, but definitely not the BEST, that's for sure....

:D:D:D:D

Intresting enough episode. Though I was kind of hopping it would actually show how exactly princess celestia/the academy obtained the Spike. Though my thought is shouldn't Spike of went to an older dragon to see what he could of known about him and dragons in general then just random teenage dragons? Oh well cartoonplot iscartoon plot hole.

I don't know about this episode. Lots to like about it, but also, some of it left me confused.

SO, the 'Great Dragon Migration' is all about a bunch of dragons flying away just to sit around a huge crater?

And if the 'teenage' dragons were all bullies, why wasn't all the BIGGER dragons bullying THEM too?

And since when do all the dragons pile their gems together in one pile and let other dragons play with them?

Spike found out the hard way that DRAGONS DON'T SHARE (in 'Owl's Well That Ends Well')

Ok, I know this is just a cartoon, but still.....

Not the WORST MLP ep I've seen, but definitely not the BEST, that's for sure....

:D:D:D:D

My guess is the dragons get together for either the purpose of breeding, or possible just so the younger dragons can interact with each other to develope their dragony talants. The adult dragons aren't involved because it would be pointless. The young dragons are play fighting, like the young of many predetor species. All their games are designed to help them develop talants they need as adults. Its practice and excersise disguised as games. The older dragons don't need practice and would only dominate the younger ones. Dragons might be greedy, but not to the point of their species going extict

• Like 1

What an interesting episode.

• Scared Fluttershy is scared to meet dragons.
  • Rainbow doing nutty things? Balderdash!
  • Spike, I'm sorry but when i think of a dragon I don't picture an apron.
  • Bully dragons. I saw that coming.
  • The badly made dragon costume.
  • Now Spike has a pet phoenix? Hope the phoenix parents don't find out...