Planned Inactivity or Leaving?

Manestream

I've been inactive a lot lately and I apologize. I've been having some issues with getting the wherewithal to come here to post. I'm a bit of a severe depressive at times which leaves me without any energy for things. But I'm running on all cylinders now. Some replies may still be slow as my sister is visiting with her husband from Texas.

(Be warned! There is no real structure to this post, this is just me, off the top of my head, clearing things up.)

I suppose this is goodbye then.

I just feel that, recently, I've been neglecting my RPs and I'm filled with apathy whenever I consider posting. I don't want to inconvenience and annoy my fellow RPers so I have decided to begin phasing out my activity on Canterlot, starting with the roleplay area. I will however, probably end up leaving the whole site. I rarely post in other areas and nowadays I've just been spending time in chat. But with the chat's move to IRC, meaning I now have to switch to a flash-supporting mobile browser to use it, means I'll be less inclined to pop in and talk for a not as I have been doing. I'll still be hanging around there for a few days, and I might make the odd post in chit-chat or spam stables.

I've really enjoyed being here though. I've had good times and the community is just great. To name but a few people who've made an impression:

Huscarl. You started me off with my first RP, for which I am immensely grateful, as well as being a pretty cool guy.

IRockZ28. A fellow Lackadaisy fan, you have made some beautiful music which I frequently listen to.

Derpyy. Always fun to RP with, always fun to chat to. You've been great.

Quillhart. You've always been fun to talk to, I've loved reading your fics, RPing with you has been enjoyable and generally, you've been a great person who I am glad I have had the privilege of calling a friend.

Also, everybody I've evere roleplayed or talked with. You've all helped to make me feel welcome in this community which I deeply regret to be leaving.

I am a fickle thing and it isn't impossible that I'll change my mind about this, and I hope to return at any rate someday when I feel I can dutifully and punctually be a productive member. I will be sticking around for a few days, and if you want to keep in touch please PM me and I can give you my email, Steam, Twitter or other contact solutions.

Well I think that's everything. Canterlot, pleased stay a wonderful and brilliant community,

Sincerely,

Damian Mane, esquire

• Like 2

For those I haven't told yet, I won't be able to RP for at least a couple more days due to real-life issues. I'll be back as soon as I can though; it shouldn't take any longer than 1-2 weeks even if everything isn't resolved swiftly.

The good news: The real-life issues are dying down a bit.

The somewhat-bad news: I'll be out of state from tomorrow til probably Saturday. I don't think I'll be entirely cut off from the internet, so I can still check in every so often.

Since my internet is working (at the moment), I'll post this quick

Home internet is derping badly, may not be online much till it's fixed (at the earliest, Tuesday 9-3-13)

Till then, I may not be able to RP or interact with my claimed app.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh! Uh, hey guys. Some of you may remember me from waaaaaay back. Others? Er, not so much.

I left the site around April/May without warning, mostly due to real life stress, former feelings regarding the site's direction, and among other things that I feel too lazy to discuss in depth at the moment. :P But now I'm back, I see that the site is in the process of making some nice changes, and I am slowly integrating myself into the wonderful world of ponies from which I took a break from!

For those of you who still remember me and may have been in threads that I dropped by default of my departial, I'm here to poke it and apologies for said silent thread-dropping. :v I may attempt to start off on a clean slate (I've actually done a bit more roleplay for another fandom or two - my responses have got surprisingly faster, though I still tend to write at the speed of molasses) though if you want to poke in and continue an old thread with me/what not, just give me a poke?

I'm still weening myself back into ponies (gonna be rewatching the show from the beginning just to get pumped), so I might not get back into RP too immediately. It'll come sooner than later though, so don't be surprised if you see my characters/handle on here more often. :3

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently sick, so my presence and productivity will be reduced for a bit. I'll try and get things together by this weekend.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

GhostGirl just got a hold of me and her computer is out of commission. She'll be on messengers here and there on her phone, but board stuff will be kind of hard for her to keep up with until she gets a working machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

I'm going to be attending a convention from Thursday 10/24 until Monday 10/28. I doubt I will have access to a computer between these times so I won't be able to post during these days. I will be back on Tuesday to catch up on everything.

So, just wanted to give you a little heads up before I leave for the event in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my area is now under a Wind Advisory until tomorrow morning. Means high winds could bring down power lines and thus, leave me without electricity (and the internet) for a while. Might not happen (hope the winds miss us) but if I disappear from Canterlot for a while, you'll know why. So, all I can do is wait for now.

UPDATE! The storm struck north and west of my location! No damaging winds or loss of power! YAY!!!

:D:D:D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I guess this would be sort of a retroactive announcement, seeing as I've been gone for a couple months now... So yeah, I disappeared, what with getting a bit bored with the site (this place *does* seem to have become less active since Season 3 ended), plus addicted to WoW again for a few months.

So anyway, I guess I'm kinda sorta back. Gonna be lurking a bit and keeping an eye on the RP forums for something I could jump into.

• Like 1

Hmm, I guess this would be sort of a retroactive announcement, seeing as I've been gone for a couple months now... So yeah, I disappeared, what with getting a bit bored with the site (this place *does* seem to have become less active since Season 3 ended), plus addicted to WoW again for a few months.

So anyway, I guess I'm kinda sorta back. Gonna be lurking a bit and keeping an eye on the RP forums for something I could jump into.

Yeah surprise, the site goes a lil low when there's not a season to keep the blood flowing :razz:

Welcome back I suppose!