I meant Cutie Mark Chronicles, actually. Both episodes had a rainboom, okay?

I really don't see it in that episode either, but... I've probably complained about FlutterDash enough in this thread, so I'll spare everyone anymore... :P

[Citation Needed]

...but seriously, I have never heard this anywhere. :shock:

If you look like 2 posts down from that, after brian corrected me, I said I tried to avoid spoilers so I mixed up the few inevetable bits somehow (plus thinking about it, it would kinda make sence, bring back the most popular villian for the season finale) so... yeah... that... :P

I guess you forgot that there was a gap between Season 1 and 2... we're still here.

I came in during S2, I have no idea what Canterlot's activity level was last summer Pre-S2 and Pre Schism-1... thus, I can only speculate.

It would still have to be a see-able color, even if it was just a grayish white clear color. :/

The entire show is made with computers. How hard would it be to just lighten everything in a wavy pattern rather than adding color in a wavy pattern. It would draw less focus too.

I wonder if the term princess in Equestria actually refers to alicorns. That would explain why they are ruled by princesses and not queens and why Cadence is a princess when she isn't one of the rulers.

Overall a great episode. Totally epic

I'l totally buy that, Alicorn=Princess but not necessarily 'ruler'. Like with male Ladybugs... or female "Mr.Mime" in Pokémon games... All of them names lacking sense from our point of view, but whe're talking about outworldy beings...

I have a slightly random observance about Alicorns and their wings...

I recall there being debate about the wings in the show, and how Luna's were unique only to her (all of this was in reference to OC's iirc). Candace's wings are the same type... Both Candace and Luna seem younger than Celestia. Is it possible that when they grow into full sized Alicorns (which could be much longer period of time than normal ponies) their wings will grow and look more like Celestia's? And by extension, is it possible that Celestia's wings looked more like Luna'a when she was younger?

• Like 1

If I recall during the Return of Harmony episodes, the Princesses ability to contain Discord was directly tied to them possessing the Elements, which were hinted as among the most powerful magic artifacts around. Way back in the first episode the Elements of Harmony were used to seal Nightmare Moon's spirit in the Moon. It is possible it is the elements who gave Luna and Celestia power over day and night. So without them alicorns are probably still by far the most powerful magic users but do not have that "god level" power, hence was Crystalis was able to win in her duel, and why Celestia and Luna wern't out there fighting Discord, (and both times the mane six were told to get the Elements). So the alicorns are leaders, and have "all three types within them", they could still be seem as gods, but just in the old polytheistic sense of gods with limited and specific abilities; although ponies don't actually appear to worship them, just hold them in reverence.

I am glad Discord didn't show in this episode, and I am shocked so many people wanted him to. I feel he would have stole the story if he did show up, and there wasn't sufficient time in the story to accommodate two major villains and still give each justice (not to mention the great banter between them). I don't see them really allying anyway. Discord just wants to transform the world to his liking and he just as amused to make life insane for the Changings as for anyone else, he isn't evil, he is just a Force of Nature. Crystallis would gain nothing from Discord anyway as he has nothing to offer that she would want and would be an extremely powerful burden especially if he decided on a whim to toy with the Changings.

^ I think alicorns are probably more powerful then unicorns but not neccasarrilly godlike. Cadence, Luna, and Celestia are all shown to be powerful but not unstopable and even Twilight seems to be more versatile. I think they are under the same rules as unicorns (one natural spell related to their cutie mark and the ability to learn some others) but on a more powerful level. Celestia's power comes from her experience and wisdom more then physical force which why she was overpowered in a straight up fight.

As for the magic color, maybe nobody noticed? Shining Armor and the bride's maids where being controlled. Twilight hadn't seen Cadence since childhod, and Celestia was preoccupied with the threat. Its entirely possible nobody realized her color had changed. It would probably be akin to a human's eyes changing color or a right handed person becoming left handed. Something very easy to over look

hi hi

Why did Twilight's brother sound like a frat boy? I kind of wondered that myself. No offense to the voice actor intended, but when I was listening to him talk, I kept imagining him saying things likes. "Whoa Twilight, that's totally far out mare. Like, you gotta come see this radical thing I'm doing." I wasn't going to say anything, cause its not really fair to make fun of someone for their voice, but it did strike me as kind of funny. :P

Also: If anything, I suspect that Celestia is powerful on account of the fact that she's had over 1000 years to practice and study magic.

• Like 1

I thought the voice actor did a good job. He had the 'frat pony' voice when he was speaking in friendly terms with friends and family, but his tone did change when it was necessary...

My biggest question was WHY DID SHINING ARMOR SOUND LIKE A FRAT BOY?

I don't understand the question.

What does a frat boy sound like? What are the characteristics? It wasn't any of his lines was it?

I certainly didn't notice.

I don't understand the question.

What does a frat boy sound like? What are the characteristics? It wasn't any of his lines was it?

I certainly didn't notice.

I believe some think he had a 'Duuddde' type party/surfer accent. I just took it as a friendly and outgoing type of voice.

I believe some think he had a 'Duuddde' type party/surfer accent. I just took it as a friendly and outgoing type of voice.

Did he ever say anything like that? Can someone suggest a characteristic line somewhere in the episode that exemplifies the accent?

hi hi

Why did Twilight's brother sound like a frat boy? I kind of wondered that myself. No offense to the voice actor intended, but when I was listening to him talk, I kept imagining him saying things likes. "Whoa Twilight, that's totally far out mare. Like, you gotta come see this radical thing I'm doing." I wasn't going to say anything, cause its not really fair to make fun of someone for their voice, but it did strike me as kind of funny. :P

Also: If anything, I suspect that Celestia is powerful on account of the fact that she's had over 1000 years to practice and study magic.

I do wonder what conscious decision went into directing him that way. it just stuck me as weird because every single other character from Canterlot we've seen doesn't speak with an affected accent like that. Particularly not Twilight.

Did he ever say anything like that? Can someone suggest a characteristic line somewhere in the episode that exemplifies the accent?

It was more in the pauses he took while delivering lines.

As someone who lives in Southern California where I frequently am surrounded by real valley girls, frat boys, and surfer dudes then I am forced to say the conceptions of Shining Armor's voice are grossly misinterpreted.

Rarity is practical though? :shock: I guess sometimes, but not usually... Rarity can be just as petty and self-concerned as Dash sometimes (Sisterhooves Social and Sonic Rainboom come to mind), even if both will come around to support their friends at the end. They both like to be at the center of attention, they both have ambitions that extend beyond where they are now (something the other four lack), and they're both just very aggressive, upfront, proud and strong personalities. That's a number of similarities I can point out.

And yet on the surface, they're completely opposites. It makes for an interesting dichotomy which makes the pairing really work in my opinion.

Also, they just look cute together. :kissy:<3;-)

I didn't get to address this yesterday Phil as I had to go so sorry for bringing it up a day later, but you're looking too much at the "surface pony" here. Two people can do the same thing for absolutely different reasons and so not really have anything in common. This is found in the differences as to why Rainbow Dash and Rarity tend towards the center of attention.

Rainbow Dash is an insecure character prone to over compensation and bravado. Rainbow Dash does not tend towards the center of attention purely for the attention, but instead does so to invalidate her lack of belief in herself. She wants everypony to call her number one and make her feel better about herseslf. Such insecurities is exactly why the FlutterDash relationship has such a realistic tone to it because Fluttershy's weak-on-the-outside and strong-on-the-inside forms a perfect duality with Dash's strong-on-the-outside and weak-on-the-inside to where they are mutually supportive.

As to Rarity and why Rarity does not act at all like Dash is again her being at the center of attention you brought up. Rarity has self-confidence in abundance and when she looks to put herseslf forward it is not to cover up any of her weakness, but instead in the desire for other ponies to acknowledge her accomplishments. What Rarity graves is admiration and attention towards her own talents. The flaw in this is not insecurity as Dash has, but arrogance. As for the petty and self-initerest there are major differences. Take a look at Sisterhooves Social, Rarity is a practical businesspony who is being forced to do more work to compensate for the damages that her sister's thoughtlessness is causing to her. Any business owner would feel similarly afronted even by a sister, but in the end her love for her sister reminds her that she should not be focused on business alone to the point of neglecting her family. Many of the messages in the Rarity episodes are focused on balancing a desire to be a success in life while being faithful to your friends and family.

• Like 1

Perhaps this?

((Edit: Wait, what? I just went back and re-read that and unless I'm mistaken I dont recall Shining Armor talking alike that, I dont recall him using hardly any slang at all in fact...O_o))

Rainbow Dash is an insecure character prone to over compensation and bravado. Rainbow Dash does not tend towards the center of attention purely for the attention, but instead does so to invalidate her lack of belief in herself. She wants everypony to call her number one and make her feel better about herseslf. Such insecurities is exactly why the FlutterDash relationship has such a realistic tone to it because Fluttershy's weak-on-the-outside and strong-on-the-inside forms a perfect duality with Dash's strong-on-the-outside and weak-on-the-inside to where they are mutually supportive.

I am _SO_ glad somone else sees this! :D:):20: