Ahaha, chill dude! It was an animation fluke. They didn't actually kiss. If you watch it frame-by-frame, yes Fluttershy is making a pouty face, but Dash is just grinning.

One of the animators on the episode confirmed it.

Oh, and the kiss sound was just a swish noise as Dash lifted Shy up. Nothing more.

Even so, FlutterDash is still my headcanon. It's too sweet not to be. :3

I am sure the fandom went nuts over that regardless, lol. I think Ashton just wants FlutterDash so badly. :RDash::Flutter:

Sooo.. Carrot Top and Doctor Whooves. Yay or neigh?

They were totally huggling when the changelings cornered them.

I have seen Carrot Top/Golden Harvest several times with another stallion through season two, although I can't remember his name now.

I would choke that scene up to random pony mix by the animators, or course one could argue he was protecting the nearest helpless ponies if you want to argue that route. Regardless, people will ship them now. :P

I think Ashton just wants FlutterDash so badly. :RDash::Flutter:

If we're shipping the mane 6 then, yes, Flutterdash is best, and cute (I dont care how much of a "we're not so different" vibe there is, I just do NOT see TwiDash...)

But really, I want them to be absolute BFFs, practically sisters... after all Dash is chasing Soarin ;) (lol it's been implied twice now!)

I am having a hard time figuring out whether Dash+Flutter kissing, the "Deceptive Cadence" joke within the musical score, or the "This Day" song was the highlight for me. The first episode was ok, but the second episode was pure epicness. Of all the best things that could happen this is the best possible thing..

Me and my brother watched the finale last night.

O.O

This was, by FAR, the best anything I have ever watched. This beats out Toy Story, which is my number one favorite movie...prior to this.

I mean, COME ON! I knew from the beginning, that this would be amazing. They did not rush anything in the first episode. It almost felt as if it were just "building up" the whole time. I am eternally grateful that both parts aired yesterday. I wouldn't have survived without them doing it like that. The music? Perfect. I- just, words do not do enough to describe how I feel about this finale. I literally paused the episode, and nearly fell out of my chair when I saw Sabrina's OC.

How they introduced Cadence was perfect. I didn't want a completely "love" character. Which, I know it wasn't the REAL her, but her attitude when she first appeared on screen was perfect.

The pace of the finale was so perfect. There wasn't a point I had to back up the episode, or want to fast forward. I was along for the ride. The changelings scene was awesome ,exciting, and funny with Pinkie pie. Made me actually laugh out loud.

I swear, this episode was NOT directed at little girls. O.O There's NO way that it could be... even though it "is", there's so much fan service at play here, so much callbacks to older Disney films that the bronies, and the parents of the children would get. This is something they NEED to sell on blu-ray. You don't need to have knowledge of any other episodes, just as long as you know the mane6, Celestia, and Luna, you'd completely understand the entire thing.

I wouldn't have a problem paying $25 for it on blu-ray. Then you buy another ,and get it signed by the main cast, and collect it forever. :3

The Sonic Rainboom was awesome ,especially going UPWARDS! Queen Chrysalis(?) looked F-ing AWESOME too! 1,000 x better than Discord, in my opinion. She's a LOT more evil than Nightmare moon, and Discord was just Pinkie Pie with a hint of "evil" to me. :P

The scene where Celestia was defeated was awesome ,and will make great PMV material. As with the changeling fight, and when Cadence makes the flame around Twilight.

The ending though....I can't believe how f-ing amazing that was. The music? Perfect. Luna as a full appearance? Perfect. Did you guys see pinkie's Mom, Dad, and Sisters? I did. Can you find them?

Vinyl Scratch...I actually fell out of my chair from awesomenes...

10/10, 5/5 stars. PERFECT!

Just to stir the pot a bit with the whole FlutterDash bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnZg979vKvI

Personally I don't think anything happened, but go with whatever tickles your fancy. My only worry is the idea of FlutterDash will no doubt will be claimed by some fanatics as the only acceptable fanonship for those two in the fandom; I really hate when fandom shippers do that.

• Like 1

Also to expand on the FlutterDash topic: even if they did kiss, would it matter?

Yes. I am not someone for shipping, but a FlutterDash relationship is just too emotionally beautiful for me. <3

flutterdash___surprise_by_ketsuzoku-d4i4k8a.png

Also I strongly agree with the sentiments on Chrysalis being the best and most "evil" antagonist we have had. Discord was more a force of nature and Luna was a jaded and resentful sister, but Chrysalis and the Changlings embody a predator and that makes them so much more than anything shown previous.

Anyone else hoping for a longer version of "love's in bloom" like they did with the intro song? It seems to me they're collecting quite a few full-length lyrical songs (Winter Wrap Up, Art of the Dress, At the Gala, Smile!, SSSS6K, Perfect Stallion, Candice/Crysaliss, and now Love's In Bloom (not counting all the shorts like "welcome!" "Giggle at the ghostly" "Evil Enchantress" and of course "BBBFF") anyone else feel like a future soundtrack is inevitable at this point?

Whether Dashie and Fluttershy kissed or not, it wouldn't make Flutterdash canon at all. There's nothing else in the series that suggests they're in anyway together. It might have just been a kiss of friendship lol :P

Anyway amazing episode. best yet in my opinion of any animation i've watched in awhile, nevermind MLP. I liked the Disney influence.

Well, let's take a look at how many villains* we've allowed to be playable in the past.

Nightmare Moon

Discord

Queen Chrysalis ?

That's funny, I'm pretty sure you are playing the first one. :P

But seriously, It would not be that difficult to allow for Chrysalis. She's a far cry from Discord's godmode power level. Most of her power actually came from her amassed changeling army and the power she stole from Shining Armor. She may be able to stop Princess Celestia temporarily while bloated with stolen power and wielding the element of surprise, but on her own she certainly would be no match for the Princesses. At the end of the episode the changelings were scattered in every direction, and if they went to ground or were pursued by the royal army, it is likely that their army has been irrevocably shattered. With no power base, and her supply of power cut off, she is unlikely to bother Equestria again for a long time.

Changelings themselves wouldn't actually be that hard to keep from being imbalanced. The lesser ones don't seem to have any abilities but shapeshifting and flight, probably because they haven't fed on stolen love. Any magic they use would have to be directly fueled by stolen emotions, and the power of the character being siphoned is likely a factor. Unless they manage to steal the love of another extremely powerful magic-user, none of them could ever reach anything close to the level of power of their Queen, and she's likely able to hold more energy herself than any of her people.

As for all the Changelings we've seen being evil... well, so were all the Diamond Dogs.

No, you're not the only one. It's a horrible lopsided ship. The shy one and the braggart? Yeah no, that never ends well.

Exactly. It's terribly lopsided. Dash needs somepony who can better keep up with her.

Somepony like Rarity. <3

I suppose with me, I'm always going for the shy girls. At the same time, I simply don't see any of the other characters having the personality that clicks with Fluttershy besides Rainbowdash. It just seems that the aggressive, but loyal nature of Rainbowdash works out so well with the loving and needing to be protected nature of Fluttershy.

No, you're not the only one. It's a horrible lopsided ship. The shy one and the braggart? Yeah no, that never ends well.

Flutters had a hidden Dark side (seen in PyHD, BNE, TSM, etc) and Dashie has a hidden soft side (SR, MtBPW, BNE, HF, MMDW, etc) it's not at all lop-sided, your just looking at it superficially, they actually fit quite nicely and balance one another out.

oh and LOVE that comic above! lol

*trembles* Best. ending. EVER!!!

I was feeling pretty gloomy last night, and this episode cheered me right up! There isn't one thing that I didn't love witnessing during both parts. First, however, just a couple nitpicks...why didn't Luna play a direct role in helping to defeat Chrysalis, and wasn't the treatment of Twilight after proclaiming Cadence was evil just a bit harsh? I mean, I know it was bad, but even Celestia was pretty ticked at her.

Now my favorite things about it:

-Great new formidable villain.

-The songs! Cadence has the most gorgeous singing voice! And finally Twilight gets to sing again!

-Rarity fainting was one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

-Spike playing with the cake toppers w/ Pinkie.

-Pinkie's party cannon returns!

-The ending with all the pictures. And look at that! Fancy Pants cameo!

-Lyra is a selfish little pony, isn't she?

-If that was supposed to be Bon Bon next to her, what happened to her two-tone mane?

-Shining Armor is the best brother Twilie or anypony could have! And his voice is so natural during his performance.

Where are the writers, because I seriously want to hug them. This season finale made me feel like I was watching something as epic as a well-thought out anime. There were some iffy moments, like Luna not being around enough, but overall, it was excellent. I can't wait to see how they top this next season!