These ponies are how old?

TemplarFrost

i always just assumed they were all the same age. you're going off of apparent level of emotional maturity yes? I just dont see why it matters though.

No, just on voice really, if it was on maturity, then Rarity would be on the bottom, because she tends to overreact very easily.

I've always placed from oldest to youngest as

fluttershy/rarity

pinkie pie (only because fluttershy says she's a year older than her)

the rest

yes, I think pinkie is older than the other three

why? because she doesn't care what nobody says. she's reached that age where she's realized that nobody cares. I mean, not that she likely went through a phase like that or anything... o)3)

I dunno, I just think she's old, okay? >.<

I've always placed from oldest to youngest as

fluttershy/rarity

pinkie pie (only because fluttershy says she's a year older than her)

the rest

yes, I think pinkie is older than the other three

why? because she doesn't care what nobody says. she's reached that age where she's realized that nobody cares. I mean, not that she likely went through a phase like that or anything... o)3)

I dunno, I just think she's old, okay? >.<

What is your definition of old?

I personally think that Applejack and Fluttershy are oldest, because they're so responsible. I also think Rarity is youngest, because in many ways she is VERY immature. She acts like a teenage girl. Actually, Pinkie might be below her agewise, but only because shes so youthful.

What is your definition of old?

older than most other people in a group .-.

no specific age. all just in comparison to the majority.

I think Pinkie Pie is the youngest. She is definitely the least responsible.

Fluttershy is a year older then Pinkie Pie

I always say Applejack and Rarity as the oldest. Although I base this off of maturity which doesn't always go with age.

I always saw Rarity as one of the more mature ones. She acts dramatic but she takes on a ton of responsibility owning her own business and not having any help with it

Oh boy, time to over-analyse this again. My general thoughts on their ages are:

AJ is the oldest, as she makes a comment about being the last in her class to get her cutie mark, while none of the others make any such comments about their marks coming late.

Fluttershy is probably the next eldest, as in her flashback she seems the most physically developed. AJ is smaller in their flashbacks, but Fluttershy could simply have hit a growth spurt earlier than AJ.

Rarity is most likely next up, as she is the only other one to own their own business, and in general she has a more adult attitude than the rest.

Twilight is most likely next, as she's old enough to be in the magical equivalent of grad school.

Pinkie probably never went to college, but is still close enough to that age to be a wild party girl. She hasn't had time to really mellow out yet, as many of that sort of women tend to do.

Rainbow Dash is probably the youngest, as she's just hitting her athletic prime, and that tends to happen at a fairly young age.

I'd say rarity is the oldest, as she has her botique and has designed clothes for a lot of high-profile clients including singers, models, and Pricess Candace.

AJ Is second oldest, or could be THE oldest, it's unclear given some of the events. She basically runs SAA, wheather or not she's the legal owner (shown in SSSS6K she's the one who brings up the important points about cider sales being their main income in the fall/winter, and being the most business-minded of the group.

Twilight/Flutters I think come in 3rd, it's hard to tell with Twi since she has such poor social skills, Flutters runs the equivolent of the town groomer/animal shelter, so she does have a buisiness of a sort.

Pinkie I see as young and immature so she's next to the youngest.

Dash is impulsive and makes immature decisions, she also doesnt seem 100% confident in her abilities, which to me says that she's not had enough time to truely know her limits. I also agree with Tempest that She's just comming into her atheletic prime which would be an indicator of her youth (and ties into her being unsure of her abilities)

There is a lot of uncertainty with the middle-area because of the ponies' personalities...

I won't speak in pony years since I don't know how that works. So I'll pretend like they age like humans instead.

I have to go with Rarity being the eldest, just from what she has going for herself having her own business and what not. Not to mention she's the only one to show interest in the opposite sex. I'd say she's the equivalent of a 21 year old woman.

I believe Fluttershy and Applejack are probably the same age and second oldest. Applejack's maturity and work ethic isn't something common in younger folk in this case I'm assuming ponies too. I'll say they're about 19 or 20.

Twilight, Pinky, and Dash are probably really close in age, so I put those three at 18.

Twilight, Pinky, and Dash are probably really close in age, so I put those three at 18.

I've seen Dash pegged as young as 16...

i think all in in there late 20's at least, this is because...

2. They all own a home in which they live in

Only Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy seem to own their own place. Applejack lives on the family farm, Twilight uses the public library as her home, and Pinkie is staying at the Cake's house. I'm guessing she rents a room.

i think all in in there late 20's at least, this is because...

1. They all have reasonable jobs to help inside the town of Ponyville to help with everyday business

2. They all own a home in which they live in

(Yes, I know what I posted above)

Cherilee and Big Macintosh seem to be in their late twenties, so when you include the age difference with Applejack and Applebloom, it seems logical that AJ is in her early twenties.

Also, I have a reasonable job to help the community of my hometown, and I'm sixteen.

My oldest cousin has both a job and a home, and she is twenty one.

I've got them all pegged as being in their 20s with the exception of Pinkie Pie possibly being 18 or 19.

Twilight is the equivalent of a grad student, others are all business owners or employed in positions that require independent work and responsibility

Pinkie Pie despite planning out some important parties seems to still be new to working and being on her own. The Pies were reluctant to leave her to run the shop alone so she must not have been employed there very long

what about Princess Celestia .?!?

In the episode family appreciation day when Granny Smith tells her story of how Ponyville came to be, Celestia is seen talking to granny smith and the Apple family about giving them there own space/land to grow their seeds, and Celstia looks hardly any different or younger then she should be, i dont think she ages at all, she looks just as she normally does them many years ago even when Granny Smith was just a little fillie.

idk.... maybe being a sun goddess comes with infinite young looking age ..?

Only Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy seem to own their own place. Applejack lives on the family farm, Twilight uses the public library as her home, and Pinkie is staying at the Cake's house. I'm guessing she rents a room.

Yay for renters! I am 27 and I rent because I don't want to tie myself down to a particular location.