What are your thoughts on Fox News comparing bronies to a baby-person on live tv?

EvilAura

You're new around here, Aura, so I'll

. Kind of old news, though (like literally almost a year old) -- and really, it's from the most disrespected news source known.

Same old media song and dance is the same. I wonder since it's been a year and the fandom has grown, if media sources might change their tune about the brony population? I'm guessing...probably not!

Sorry,

You're new around here, Aura, so I'll

. Kind of old news, though (like literally almost a year old) -- and really, it's from the most disrespected news source known.

Same old media song and dance is the same. I wonder since it's been a year and the fandom has grown, if media sources might change their tune about the brony population? I'm guessing...probably not!

That ACTUALLY, isnt the clip

This is In Living Glover attacks bronies.

My linkie was two links!

I understand how this is upsetting to you, and it's obviously biased and misinformed. Personally I don't care what the media has to say about, well, anything -- especially anything relating to popular culture and the people who celebrate it.

My linkie was two links!

I understand how this is upsetting to you, and it's obviously biased and misinformed. Personally I don't care what the media has to say about, well, anything -- especially anything relating to popular culture and the people who celebrate it.

Yeah, I didnt realize that was 2 links untill after I posted

This is old news, and I didn't care then and I don't care now. Fox is just above Gawker for me. And Gawker is on the lowest possible position of the news reporting totem pole (so much so, that I refuse to click on any link that for them or their properties). Fox... is almost the same... So yeah...

Personally, I never understood the controversy with these particular videos at all. :/

The first one linked in Rosewind's post is from a local Fox affiliate, not the cable network. What is said is ignorant as can be, but it's not being said by "Fox News", it's being said by some nobodies on a broadcast station only seen in one area, not a national news source.

The second video (which isn't even all that critical) was on actual Fox News, but it's from Red Eye, which isn't so much a news program as much as a satire/humor based entertainment program presented in the middle of the night, so I really don't know what people are expecting there.

Really it just seems to me kind of like people are all too quick to lash out at Fox News, when in this case they didn't really do anything, at least directly.

• Like 1

Personally, I never understood the controversy with these particular videos at all. :/

The first one linked in Rosewind's post is from a local Fox affiliate, not the cable network. What is said is ignorant as can be, but it's not being said by "Fox News", it's being said by some nobodies on a broadcast station only seen in one area, not a national news source.

The second video (which isn't even all that critical) was on actual Fox News, but it's from Red Eye, which isn't so much a news program as much as a satire/humor based entertainment program presented in the middle of the night, so I really don't know what people are expecting there.

Really it just seems to me kind of like people are all too quick to lash out at Fox News, when in this case they didn't really do anything, at least directly.

Pretty much this, in all honestly I used to enjoy watching Red Eye at 3am because they used to have comedians like Jim Norton and Nick DiPaulo come on and more or less let them sound off on whatever the shoot they wanted. When a show's Monologue ends with the statement "And if you don't agree with me, then you're a bigotted, racist, baby-hater, and most likely a Polar Bear." you learn that not all they say is meant to be taken super cereal.

Fox was once a respected network, but it's swung WAY too far to the right...

They've implied a connection more than once, there was another piece iirc about bronies that also talked about child-fetishists, implying the connection but not outright stating it. As stated above, Fox and really all media just go for sensationalist stories that will shock people and get them ratings, look for any news story about Furries and you'll find the same stuff. The basic idea is simple: Find a small group of "wierdos" then find the most offensive marginal part of them, then claim they're all that way.

Furries are slowly gaining some acceptance (as in "meh they're wierd but I've seen worse, so to each their own"), I'm sure Bronies will get it as well, likely a lot faster...

Pretty much this, in all honestly I used to enjoy watching Red Eye at 3am because they used to have comedians like Jim Norton and Nick DiPaulo come on and more or less let them sound off on whatever they shoot they wanted. When a show's Monologue ends with the statement "And if you don't agree with me, then you're a bigotted, racist, baby-hater, and most likely a Polar Bear." you learn that not all they say is meant to be taken super cereal.

Pretty much this. I remember back when I lived on my own and Red Eye was what I'd turn on at that time as I half-lucidly finished homework.

• Like 1

You shouldn't even worry about being all hot and bothered when Fox News of all things are involved. Slightly modified, but in the words of Miss Piggy, a silly but nonetheless true source, accusing bronies of being baby-people is like accusing Fox News of being, well, actual news.

I agree there are always going to be people who shun other things that are on the rise for reasons they will tell us and reasons they wont, also people are always looking for reasons to be offended so they have a reason to argue and be over all bitter about it and the twist it in some way to blame the other side of the political spectrum

Also I would like to thank you for pointing out that the Title and Whole reason for Posting this topic was improperly labled

Its all part of the lame stream Media Agenda When some one pokes there head above the water and starts making waves that threaten to Expose things that they don't want exposed They are Slandered And demonized and some times Even goes as far As Declaring War on that people in that Organization Or on the organization them self

I have been mocked and riticuled for things with more Ground and Teath than this And I am an still standing as the saying goes

mlp__fim_haters_gonna_hate_by_thebluebone-d4b7c5z.jpg