Trololol Man, Eduard Khil has passed away.

MarchingHammers

That's terrible news!

I am glad that he got to enjoy popularity from his song, even years after he sung it. The origins of it are actually quite interesting -- he was literally trolling his government with a wordless song due to what was happening with communism at the time, if I recall correctly (and do correct me if I'm wrong, anypony).

He will be missed, but I think his song is pretty immortal!

No, you are pretty much right, Rose. The song if from a time where severe government censorship made lyrics unsuitable, so musicians had to resort to nonsensical noises instead.

He may not have fully embraced it like, say, Rick Astley, but it's good to know that he was fine with knowing what his music sparked in the internet.

It is sad when anyone dies, but he shall be missed and live on in the hearts of all who loved what he did. He stood firm aganst an opressive goverment and helped shape interenet culture. I, along with many other people I'm sure, will mourn his passing.

R.I.P.Eduard Anatolyevich Khil.

Knew about since the news broke, I Briefly thought we were being trolled by the Russians of the Internet but found out it was legit. He will be missed but let us remember him by watching some derivative works.

I don't find it surprisingly shocking like most of you guys.

But I do feel a bit sad.

I would feel very sad if he were one of my closest friends.

Guys, if you really ever happen to experience the knowledge of a certain popular person's death, respond honestly.

• 3 weeks later...

It is truly a sad day, He had the internal strength to stand up against the opressor and win, unintentionally infulencing the Internet via his song.

Here he is not long ago. He seems to be happy in this video, hopefully he died peacefully.

I had no idea that would be the last time we'd see him alive! :cry: It's an absolute shame....