What new movies is everypony excited to see?

Not a snowball's chance in hades I'm going to bother with trying to see it on opening night!

Why Not? Its a good atmosphere, and the excitement is contagious. Lots of movies are better on opening night. Also, going opening night extends the movie experience. You have to go a bit early to make sure you aren't in terrible seats, so you have more time to chat with your friends, and more time to anticipate the movie.

Why Not? Its a good atmosphere, and the excitement is contagious. Lots of movies are better on opening night. Also, going opening night extends the movie experience. You have to go a bit early to make sure you aren't in terrible seats, so you have more time to chat with your friends, and more time to anticipate the movie.

You're assuming that everyone has friends. D:

NsyYD.png

I'm weird with movies. When I go to see a movie, I go to see a movie, and that's a pretty rare event in itself! I don't buy any of the overpriced snacks. I don't like crowds. I do like watching FiM with a crowd, especially if it's a new episode. But movies? Nah. I dunno how the Alaskan experience is out there, but people in theaters here are more obnoxious than participatory, especially with mobile phones, screaming kids that are probably too young to be there, people chatting with each other during the movie, getting a bad seat etc. Commentators that state the obvious the entire movie really drive me nuts. That spoils the experience -- it doesn't add to it!

Any I have around here wouldn't be interested in seeing Brave, so I'd rather just have a party of one! :mad:

The assumption that most people have friends seems reasonable to me. I'm sympathetic to those that don't since I have had times in my life where none of the people that were around me were real friends.

I'm weird with movies. When I go to see a movie, I go to see a movie, and that's a pretty rare event in itself! I don't buy any of the overpriced snacks. I don't like crowds. I do like watching FiM with a crowd, especially if it's a new episode. But movies? Nah. I dunno how the Alaskan experience is out there, but people in theaters here are more obnoxious than participatory, especially with mobile phones, screaming kids that are probably too young to be there, people chatting with each other during the movie, getting a bad seat etc. Commentators that state the obvious the entire movie really drive me nuts. That spoils the experience -- it doesn't add to it!

Well, Alaska isn't as good as Texas, but they will kick the offenders out of theaters here. Madagascar 3 was full of excited kids, and that made the experience better.

Texas, by the way, has the best theater in the country:

(this is just one example of their awesomeness). You don't even have to leave your seat to tell the waitresses. You just put up the menu flag to attract their attention, and a waitress will come by, and eject the offender. They always show a very clear warning not to talk or text before movies. One is the scene where Darth Vader force chokes an officer, re-edited to force choking an officer who is talking on the phone during the meeting.

Other examples of their talking/cell phone stuff is here: CLICKY, CLICKY. Oh yeah, I forgot, they stop the movie to kick you out if you refuse.

Any I have around here wouldn't be interested in seeing Brave, so I'd rather just have a party of one! :mad:

I love movies, but this is the primary reason that I don't see very many in the theater. The ones I want to see are hard to get my friends to come see. I almost pulled off a hat trick this month: I got to see Madagascar 3 with one group of friends, the Avengers with another group of friends, and Brave with a third group. The guys who I almost convinced to see Brave flaked on me though. Before this month, the last two movies I saw locally were How to Train your Dragon and The Artist, so it has been a while. Heck, I had to see Avatar solo because I couldn't convince anyone else to go.

Monsters Inc. sequel? I can't say I'm surprised.

Oh Pixar...

By the way, how was Brave? Anypony seen it yet? Not a snowball's chance in hades I'm going to bother with trying to see it on opening night!

it was fantastic! though the story was easily figured out before it even really got going (easily figuring out kids movies is a terrible side effect of getting older :-( )

it didnt make it any less compelling. However the entertaining parts were the interactions between merita and her mother and then of course the action was to die for especially for a kids movie. On the whole though the message of the movie was wonderfully poetic, though strangely undercut by a small glowing blue magical entity, but it felt like in keeping it short for a kids movie they didnt get to flesh out as many things as they would have liked to and it was noticeable for an adult. However children do have short attention spans and this movie was made for them (and teenagers I think) so its quite understandable. The character's were however VERY entertaining and merita is more than relatable to adolescents, and young adults who still interact with their parents regularly, when you take her rebelliousness into account as well as her relationship with her mother. Everyone else was mainly support but play their roles well. I give it 3.5/4 hooves up (4/5 if you're pinkie pie :smirk:)

are they really making legitimate movies out of those creepypastas?! Even though I've stopped reading them for the sake of me own sanity I would have to see the one about the rake just because it was my first creepypasta, and because I'd be curious to see if they mimicked the behavior of the creature in the original creepypasta or in the subsequent ones.

Just seen "Frozen" or how I call it "The Suicide of the 3 dim-dims squad"

So, three lads go skying, so, they bribe a guy to sit in the chairlift for a measly 100$ (way to go on economics) on the last time, the station is closed for the week, leaving the guys clinging there... :-| We got:

3 on a chair, casual snow clothes, nothing to eat and a very sub-zero night ahead.

Some time into night a snow crawler passes directly down there, ideas? Throwing heavy stuff over the crawler's roof to bring the driver attention? No! First they launch gloves, wool headwear, the kind of stuff light enought to not even produce noise, but as U:S: Army's survival guides point out : Who loses gloves, loses life. After that, one guy crawls it's frozen flank to jump to snow below, (great idea, if done well, really, people had fallen from helicopters from thousands of feet and landed on snow unscratched) but not if who falls pretend to land in it's feet, butt must hit snow first. The outcome, he open fractured both ankles, some wolves arrive and... Well, any intelligent animal deserves food.

Well, not going the skewer the movie, but it's just good for whoever enjoying the deads of movie main characters...

Brave was awesome!

MiB 3 was better than the second, but still the first one was the best.

Prometheus was meh, but I guess I'm not that big into the alien/ scifi genre.

• 2 weeks later...